July 30, 2014 | 1785 users online

Foundations - Kevyn Aucoin - Sensual Skin Enhancer SX-05

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by boogs77

I like this foundation.I'm having trouble with it though.I'm applying it in the morning and then setting it with a good quality powder.Why is it then that later in the day if i try to do a touch up (with the sensual enhancer) it settles into my pores or seperates?Could it be that I've set it with the powder and then tried to touch up with the sensual enhancer over the top????Frustarated!Any advice?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ragtag

UPDATE 10-13-06:
still using this jar... in fact, i've barely put a dent in it, despite using it at least 5 days a week! it hasn't turned or gone bad, or even changed odor. i'd definitely buy this again, but i don't anticipate needing to unless it goes rancid. :)
the sonia kashuk nylon foundation brush makes this go on so smoothly (much more silky, and less dry-feeling, than the essence of beauty brush i had been using) that it's pretty undetectable. i love it!

i love this stuff. in theory this isn't the foundation for me - i've never used dept. store or full coverage foundations. but i've always loved kevyn aucoin's work and had heard good things about the line. i got a match within a few minutes of stopping at the neiman marcus counter, and the color has worked out perfectly for me since. at first i had a more difficult time getting the application seamless enough, because i have pretty clear skin and only wear concealer/foundation around my eyes, nose and chin.... so the application has to match the bare skin around it. in the beginning i was using my fingers to blend it into my skin. i found that it's easiest to use a tiny amount (maybe 1/4 rice grain size!) with a dry foundation brush (i like the essence of beauty foundation brush, cvs carries it... it's inexpensive and does a great job). if you just buff it into the skin (freshly moisturized skin), it blends perfectly. this is the first time i've ever used a foundation that made my skin look unbelievably perfect... i think it's a combination of the good formulation combined with the great color match. my match is sx-05... which i believe is a light neutral beige, and the palest of the more commonly used shades. i use it over ddf's matte spf 30 and have had no problems at all. if my skin is looking dry, i'll use another moisturizer in those spots, since the ddf is quite matte, to avoid giving the foundation any flakiness to cling to.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by muse66

FANTASTIC product!! I mix with my moisturizer for a sheer coverage or lightly apply for heavier. This color is perfect for me ---PPP with neutral undertones. You only need a VERY small amount b/c it's concentrated, so it'll last me FOREVER. Worth the $$$$

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2003 3:20:00 PM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color is the perfect match for my LLL skin. My coloring verges more towards FFF than it does towards PPP, but I'd say I'm right in the middle of the LLL spectrum. For a color match, I also use Chanel Shell, Sue Devitt Tanami, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude, Becca Cashmere, Armani LSF #4, Chantecaille FS Chamomile.

SX-05 is a light beige that's fairly neutral. There is no pink to speak of but there is the tiniest hint of yellow, which works well for my light olive complexion. If you veer more towards FFF or have stronger yellow tones, then try SX-06.
continued >>