November 26, 2014 | 1151 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I am in love with this lipstick. It's a pretty brownish/brick red and it runs at about $5. It's perfect. I assume it would be flattering on all skin tones too. I instantly feel glamorous when I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rum Raisin is a great red color, especially if you're not ready to commit to full-out blazing red, or want a red that's doable for daytime. It's pretty similar to my much-more expensive Chanel Étoile- and I like the Revlon more. I'm pretty fair (MAC NW15 and Laura Mercier Porcelain), yet this color doesn't overwhelm my face. I use a neutral lipliner with it. Love the texture, love the price ($4.25 at Harmon); wish it came with a nicer tube.

Update: After trying other red lipsticks, this is the one I come back to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fragrance Free ~ Creamy ~ Moisturizing ~ Long Lasting ~ Inexpensive ~ Anti Feathering ~ Medium To Full Coverage ~ Nicely Pigmented

Rum Raisin is a gorgeous ~ wearable muted red with a brown undertone to it. It has a beautiful creme finish that makes my lips look so smooth. It's not too dark.... not too light.....not to bright. It's just perfect. For reference I'm an NW20 (on the lighter side) golden blonde hair and green eyes.

I absolutely love Revlon lipstick. For under 5 dollars in Target you just can't go wrong. They have so many colors to choose from along with either a pearl finish or a creme finish. I love the fact that Revlon lipsticks are sealed ~ but even though you can't open them you sure can see the color right through the see through cap and believe it or not when you turn the lipstick over where it says the shade it also shows the color on the sticker and it is extremely accurate. I wish Rimmel would package their lipsticks like Revlon does...... I bought a Rimmel lipstick about a month ago and when I got it home I could see it was either used on the lips or swatched for sure, how gross is that?? I took it right back to the store and I can tell you that I would never ever purchase another one of their lipsticks.... or for that matter any brand of lipstick that is not sealed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by d2tree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Found this after researching alternatives to a red for this fall. I usually wear more subtle, glossy lip choices, but wanted to add a bit more color without overdoing it. I recall Revlon lipsticks having a weird overpowering scent years ago, but was pleased to find that this has changed, at least for this formulation. The color is really nice. I like to dab it lightly, but it can be applied heavier for darker payoff. For my coloring, lighter works better. With a gloss on top, I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by dpet0153

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, this is a very good lipstick! It isn't one of those "your lips but better" lipsticks, it's too dark to be mistaken for a natural lip color. It leans a little warm, but looks fine on my cool toned skin. My sister has warmer tones, and it looks good on her too. I can't quite pin down the color. I think I'd describe it as ruby brown, with a stilght beige-pink tone. It can actually be built up to look very red and it has a very smooth finish and looks almost a little glowy. It doesnt settle into my lip's lines and cracks. I have no complaints about this one, go revlon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Revlon lipsticks! Rum Raisin reminds me of the higher-end Bobbi Brown lipstick color - kinda a hybrid between Slopes and Brownie. It's a creamy, highly saturated brownish-raisin (reddish) color that's perfect for autumn and my go-to lipstick for holiday color. Full strength is a bit much for my fair coloring, however, I like to blot it down to a nice stain. Makes my teeth appear whiter too. I can pick this up at any drug store for about $7.00, as opposed to $23.00 for the BB. Can't say enough good things about this!
I love Revlon lipsticks period. Great high-end shades, creamy, non-drying formulas, great price! What more can you ask for?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This takes me back to the 90's in the best possible way! Initially I bought it for posterity's sake, but once I put it on it reminded me why it was such a staple in my backpack (mini, mind you!).
The color is sort of like MLBB but a little more saturated. Use it now as more of a stain, but it still holds up beautifully.
Absolutely love it and re-stocked it in my makeup arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by aprilflower

briefly guys...looooveeee this formula.....love the color....
i found that i doesnt settle in my lip creases!!!!!..thats great right..smooth...overall great ....and this is my first one in this line....and i want moreeeeee....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by shruti899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After having been totally disappointed with higher-end lip colors in dark shades, I got this after reading fab reviews everywhere. And boy, am I glad I got this!
On my NC40-42 skin, it comes out as a rich lovely shade of..ummm...well rum raisin :D!
I am having a hard time describing this but its def. not red on me. Which is a good thing. Its silky, deeply pigmented and very rich- yes, just like raisins. I might try to use this as just a slight little stain on the lips to get that MLBB look. Just while im writing this, I think it will go very well with a clean fresh face, strong brows and a simple messy plaid. Yesss! Gonna try that soon.
Overall, I think it can be worn as the girl-next-door color & a rich-seductive color with equal ease. Love versatile colors!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, Revlon Colorstay lipsticks are my favorite of the drugstore brands. They are creamy and moisturizing and they have no scent at all. I picked up Rum Raising thinking it would be a plum/brown color. On me this comes of as a rusty orangy color that is too warm toned for me. I will not buy this particular shade again but I do love Revlon lipsticks.