Revlon Super Lustrous - Rum Raisin

4.4

on 8/29/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this today for less than $5 at Walmart. I wasn't sure if it would look good on my (fair skin nc15/nw20, blue eyes, blonde hair) complexion but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a gorgeous medium tawny red color and makes my blue eyes pop. I went to Sephora with it on afterwards and an employee complimented me as I first entered the store. "I love that lip color on you!" and I said "Thanks, Revlon Rum Raisin I bought for less than $5!" She was so surprised :)... Revlon and Maybelline both go above and beyond the other department store brands and some are right up there with Mac and higher-end brands.

Totally will re-buy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I love this color and would absolutely buy it again. The perfect muted red. With a touch of brown. Excellent! Cannot rave about this shade more. Absolutely would repurchase. A classy red. I line my lips with MAC lip liner in "Brick". Revlon lipsticks are $4.97 at Walmart and $4.99 at Target. (the Super Lustrous ones)

on 5/12/2013 12:53:00 PM

I am in love with this lipstick. It's a pretty brownish/brick red and it runs at about $5. It's perfect. I assume it would be flattering on all skin tones too. I instantly feel glamorous when I put it on.

on 1/28/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Rum Raisin is a great red color, especially if you're not ready to commit to full-out blazing red, or want a red that's doable for daytime. It's pretty similar to my much-more expensive Chanel Étoile- and I like the Revlon more. I'm pretty fair (MAC NW15 and Laura Mercier Porcelain), yet this color doesn't overwhelm my face. I use a neutral lipliner with it. Love the texture, love the price ($4.25 at Harmon); wish it came with a nicer tube.

Update: After trying other red lipsticks, this is the one I come back to.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fragrance Free ~ Creamy ~ Moisturizing ~ Long Lasting ~ Inexpensive ~ Anti Feathering ~ Medium To Full Coverage ~ Nicely Pigmented

Rum Raisin is a gorgeous ~ wearable muted red with a brown undertone to it. It has a beautiful creme finish that makes my lips look so smooth. It's not too dark.... not too light.....not to bright. It's just perfect. For reference I'm an NW20 (on the lighter side) golden blonde hair and green eyes.

I absolutely love Revlon lipstick. For under 5 dollars in Target you just can't go wrong. They have so many colors to choose from along with either a pearl finish or a creme finish. I love the fact that Revlon lipsticks are sealed ~ but even though you can't open them you sure can see the color right through the see through cap and believe it or not when you turn the lipstick over where it says the shade it also shows the color on the sticker and it is extremely accurate. I wish Rimmel would package their lipsticks like Revlon does...... I bought a Rimmel lipstick about a month ago and when I got it home I could see it was either used on the lips or swatched for sure, how gross is that?? I took it right back to the store and I can tell you that I would never ever purchase another one of their lipsticks.... or for that matter any brand of lipstick that is not sealed.

on 10/8/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Found this after researching alternatives to a red for this fall. I usually wear more subtle, glossy lip choices, but wanted to add a bit more color without overdoing it. I recall Revlon lipsticks having a weird overpowering scent years ago, but was pleased to find that this has changed, at least for this formulation. The color is really nice. I like to dab it lightly, but it can be applied heavier for darker payoff. For my coloring, lighter works better. With a gloss on top, I'm good to go.

on 8/15/2012 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Overall, this is a very good lipstick! It isn't one of those "your lips but better" lipsticks, it's too dark to be mistaken for a natural lip color. It leans a little warm, but looks fine on my cool toned skin. My sister has warmer tones, and it looks good on her too. I can't quite pin down the color. I think I'd describe it as ruby brown, with a stilght beige-pink tone. It can actually be built up to look very red and it has a very smooth finish and looks almost a little glowy. It doesnt settle into my lip's lines and cracks. I have no complaints about this one, go revlon!

on 11/30/2011 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Revlon lipsticks! Rum Raisin reminds me of the higher-end Bobbi Brown lipstick color - kinda a hybrid between Slopes and Brownie. It's a creamy, highly saturated brownish-raisin (reddish) color that's perfect for autumn and my go-to lipstick for holiday color. Full strength is a bit much for my fair coloring, however, I like to blot it down to a nice stain. Makes my teeth appear whiter too. I can pick this up at any drug store for about $7.00, as opposed to $23.00 for the BB. Can't say enough good things about this!
I love Revlon lipsticks period. Great high-end shades, creamy, non-drying formulas, great price! What more can you ask for?

on 8/26/2011 2:38:00 PM

This takes me back to the 90's in the best possible way! Initially I bought it for posterity's sake, but once I put it on it reminded me why it was such a staple in my backpack (mini, mind you!).
The color is sort of like MLBB but a little more saturated. Use it now as more of a stain, but it still holds up beautifully.
Absolutely love it and re-stocked it in my makeup arsenal.

on 8/3/2011 1:51:00 PM

briefly guys...looooveeee this formula.....love the color....
i found that i doesnt settle in my lip creases!!!!!..thats great right..smooth...overall great ....and this is my first one in this line....and i want moreeeeee....

Popular Lipsticks