Bourjois Blush

3.8

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

My favourite blusher. Most people use different colours for each look whereas I prefare to have one natural pink blusher that goes with everything. #33 golden lilac was perfect or that. It's small, but the product lasts forever!! Usually the brush you get with a product it's crap but that's not the case here. The brush it actually really good and fits in the tub which means one less brush to squeeze into my makeup bag at school. Wear it everyday. It looks scary-glittery, but actually the shimmer you get on your cheeks isn't that noticeable unless light is directly on it, where is give of a nice, subtle shimmer. So natural and lasts all day. Suits my pale white skin amazingly (I'm light porcelain in foundation shade and I get transparent in pressed powders) and it's just so cute looking!! I would definatly repurchase, but I won't need to for about 10 years!! Holy grail. It smells AMAZING and it is just perfect and suits every look. I'm in love with this blush!!

on 4/21/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have had this blush (72 Tomette) for years! I love the brush that it comes with, it's prefect for my cheeks and it means I one less brush to carry to the gym. It's tiny and very portable, I have magnets behind it to stick up on a magnet board, which is where I store my everyday make up.

Granted it's not very pigmented, it is perfect for me. It gives me a light glow like I have just been in the sun for a while. This is definitely my everyday blush.

on 1/15/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really hoping to love this product since their foundations are amazing, but sadly I had to return it. The blush itself is ok, but I couldn't accept the smell of it. It smells like an old mans aftershave. The scent is so strong that it made my stomach twirl. I had to wash my face off right away. I'm sticking to my Nars.

on 1/15/2014 12:09:00 PM

Seriously I don't understand the raves about this product! The packaging is cute and the colors look fab but seriously ZERO PIGMENTATION!? literally nothing... very disappointing

I love these blushes! The packaging is great and they smell so good - like cinnamon and roses! I use one of the darker colors as a bronze rejoice works well. As others have mentioned, they can form a protective coating but this hasn't been an issue for me. A comparison was drawn to the Chanel dine blushes- bourjois is the same as Chanel!

on 11/24/2013 10:06:00 PM

I have been buying this blush for years.. Number 72 is my favourite.. It gives me this healthy glow that I do not really need to use anything else on my face. The shade I like is hard to find as it seems to be popular and always sold out so I like to stock up on it. It lasts me forever 7-8 months.

on 11/19/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in the colour #95 Rose de Jaspe - which is a very pretty soft, shimmery light rosey pink in the pan and I think this colour would suit most fair to light skin tones, but will need to be built up for lighter mediums to medium skin tones (I am NC25 in MAC).

It is a bit shimmery but not excessively so and both brings out and highlights the cheekbones nicely. The shimmer is very fine, no chunky glitter. Pigmentation is poor, it takes 2 layers to actually see the colour on my skin - I do prefer MAC or Milani blushes because I feel they apply more evenly than this product. It's quite sheer even when layered. The packaging is a cute pink sturdy compact that clicks shut and hasn't broken the whole time I've been using it.

My other gripe - why add fragrance? Fragrance is in the first line on the ingredient list - like the 5th or 6th ingredient. To me this has a strong rose-violet-vanilla "old lady" powder smell. I can smell this even after I've applied it, which makes me self-concious and makes me not want to use this. It just seems pointless for make-up to be this scented and could potentially be irritating to those with sensitive skin or noses. Also - the pigmentation issue as I mentioned above turns me off these blushes especially at the price point (about $16 Cdn) as well as the weird "layer" you have to scrape off the top otherwise it will get worse. Like others have mentioned you have to scrape off the top layer after a few weeks or less of use and even then sometimes it's hard to apply. Too much headache for so little colour pay-off. Because of all that - I will not repurchase.

on 11/3/2013 4:10:00 AM

I love this blush, it's so compact with a mirror and its own little brush. It's such a beautiful colour and smells amazing as well! Definitely the best blush I've ever used, in both the colours I own.

on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 AM

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $19CDN for a very very small blusher. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did.

This is my most favourite drugstore blushers for sure. I bought Bourjois blushers in:
33 - Lila's d'or
34 - rose d'or
48 - cendre de rose brune
74- rose ambre
95 - rose de Jaspe

On my NC25-NC30 skin these blushers show up spectacularly and have amazing pigment. Because a little goes and long way you have to be very light handed when you apply it.

Note - when your blush developes that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the blush. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the blush and peel it slowly off. Tada!!!

on 10/22/2013 2:12:00 PM

These are by far my favourite drugstore (or maybe even high end) blushes. Because they are baked blushes I find it gives a really pretty, subtle flush of colour but I can still really build it up if I want. The color selection is lovely, there's not a colour in there I don't like. They smell beautiful, the packaging is adorable, they last forever aswell- I've had one since Christmas and its only just finishing. For me, you can't get much better :) Also, they are extremely affordable. I would definitely recommend these!

Top Rated Bourjois Products