October 20, 2014 | 883 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by CherZ

Wow!

I have problematic hair, it's oily at the scalp, thick , wavy, very dry at the ends and just a pain to deal with.

For the past several months, I noticed that nothing was working on my hair - even tried and true products were just making my hair frizzy, dry and yet greasy at the same time. And these were expensive salon brands. I somehow stumbled across the reviews of this shampoo here and decided to try it. After all, all that product on my hair was lifeless and dry. I could feel how weighed down my hair was.

I used it today, no conditioner, no additional hair product. It's an extremely humid today and my hair is smooth, bouncy, healthy and tangle-free. I could even brush it wet without too much breakage which is something I can NEVER do.

Highly recommend this for once a week use. I plan on doing just that - it's $5 for Pete's sake and it helped save my hair. I've read reviews which say it's not for everyday so keep it to once a week - otherwise your hair might dry out.

Neutrogena products have always been hit or miss to me - but this is a hit.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ohheyalex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product. I love it so much I wrote a review - something I never do. I work at car dealership for the summer, where I change oil and get the greasiest grime in my hair. Besides the fact my hair is in the worst environment, I also use my oily hands to move it out of the way. It got so bad I would wake up the morning after a shower the night before as usual and I would have a complete greasy patch of hair at the back of my head. Now I know this was only a summer job and took it out of desperation of some kind, but it would make me feel dirty. Do you know what I mean? I felt like my hair was so gross and oily you could fry an egg on it. It was absolutely disgusting and slightly mortifying as dramatic as this sounds. Anyway, I read online that dove does the trick but I couldn't find it at my local drugstore. I picked up this bottle without knowing much and prayed for the best. I looked up the reviews and was a little worried since some were negative but it saved my hair's life. Honestly. It made my hair so soft and I woke up the next morning with shiny, grease patch free hair and I was just so happy! I never thought I could be so happy over a hair product. It was a great lather and you can really feel it doing its job. Pllleeeeaaase, if you're thinking about buying it, buy it. Heck, even if you aren't thinking about buying it, buy it. It's amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I used to use Suave clarifying shampoo for years and stumbled on this. I love it. I find it does a better job all around and doesn't strip my hair as much. I only use it every month or so. I have very thick, coarse, long and wavy hair. It will take hair color out so I advise knowing when you're ready to recolor and then do it, thats what I always do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I learned about this product from my mom a few years ago and I'm so glad I did. I've been using this product once a week just to remove all the product build up from other hair products I use, since I was a teenager. I've never used any other clarifying shampoo, so I can't say how well this product compares to another. But IMHO this stuff is amazing! It makes other hair products work to their potential because the clarifying shampoo removes ALL of the build up from your scalp and hair. I will keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great clarifying shampoo that gets rid of build up leaving your haIr soft, shiny and healthy. But I have to say I love love love the smell. Nothing like washing with this, putting your hair up then letting it down hours later. Your hair will smell fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I prefer Redken's Cleansing Cream shampoo BUT this is cheaper, more widely available, and it does a good job of clarifying and removing buildup from styling products and heavy conditioners.
Occasional clarifying (about twice a month or so) makes all the difference in the world for my hair. This is a product that I have bought many times and I'm sure I will continue to buy it in the future just out of convenience.
But the best clarifying shampoo out there IMHO is Redken's Cleansing Cream because it does the same thing but it's much, much gentler (Neutrogena's is a tad bit harsh, thus four lippies instead of five).
Very good product though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sootiec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, long hair that I have been obsessed with keeping nourished for years. I fell in love with thick argan oils, heavy conditioners and hydrating hair masks years ago and have been using them to combat split ends and keep my huge mane tame.

Lately I've been noticing the damage all these heavy products had been doing to my hair. Expensive hair oils stopped working, my hair was greasy by the second day, dry shampoo made my gritty and heavy. I decided to try the Neutrogena clarifying shampoo because I was skeptical of clarifying shampoos and didnt want to splurge on something like the B & B Sunday shampoo.

these reviews have said it all already. I noticed results immediately upon towel drying my hair. While it felt dry after rinsing in the tub, once semi-dry my hair felt incredibly light weight and just so... clean. no other way to say it. This is definitely becoming part of my weekly pamper session!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST clarifying shampoo! It literally saved my hair!

One incident a few years ago, I ran out of my favourite Nexxus shampoo and did not have a spare bottle at hand. I borrowed my brother's Head and Shoulder's shampoo and it coated disgusting white slime over my hair that would not rinse off. I would catch a pile of white goo in my hand whenever I touched my hair. Ew.

I first saw the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo through one of Julia Graf's (MissChievous) videos. She raved about how it helped her mom's greasy and product-filled hair. I was utterly desperate to get my hair clean, so I picked up a bottle at the nearest drug store.

I immediately took a shower and washed my hair with this shampoo. I lathered and rinsed twice. All the gunk from the crappy Head & Shoulder's shampoo was gone! I was utterly happy and relieved.

This is now a huge staple in my collection of hair care products. I use it once a week for nice, healthy clean hair.
I shudder to think that my hair was not really clean until I found this shampoo.

I also express my utmost thanks to Julia. I don't watch her videos or follow her channel anymore, but I am eternally grateful to her for introducing me to this gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good - even for the price. Amazing shampoo for once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love what this shampoo does for my hair, but the amount of product you get makes it too pricey. Not sure if I would buy it again.