Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/8/2013 11:18:00 AM

My HG blush, I'm embarrassed to say-- having spent $$$ for NARS and Bobbi Brown blushes in the past. Natural-looking, flatters all skintones, lasts all day. The shade is genius, really; a brick-rose flush that can be built up or scaled back as your complexion demands.

The packaging sucks; you definitely don't want to drop this one on the floor, nor attempt to use the ridiculous doll-sized brush it comes with. Mellow Wine is a pigment MONSTER and requires some practice. I recommend a large, fluffy blush brush (I use EcoTools); TAP onto blush and blow most of the powder off before applying. It's easy to go from "healthy glow" to "tubercular fever" with this one, so tread lightly until you're used to it. Great, great blush!

on 4/3/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love this! My perfect natural blush shade. It looks a bit too pigmented when it goes on but don't get scared, it's very blendable and easy to sheer out. The shade is a lovely dusky peach with a rose tinge, to my eye. It'll be perfect for you if you're warm-toned and fair. (Just a refresher: warm-toned skin has a yellow tint to it, cool-toned skin has more of a pinkish tint. Warm skin looks great with blush shades described as "peach," "golden pink," or "rose"; cool tones look best in shades described as "baby pink" or "true bright pink," or even "hot pink." I saw that one reviewer of this particular shade said it was "an unflattering/unnatural russet" on her, so she was probably just too cool-toned to pull this shade off.) So: If you've got warm-toned skin and want a perfectly natural flush, get this product! It's really perfect for my kind of complexion. :D

on 3/1/2013 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sorry but just don't get the hype about this blush. I bought this shade as it appeared the most neutral in the available shades and having had great results with their Color Icon Brulee shadow and thought I would give it a whirl. Just a awful slightly warm sunburned looking unatural russety red with a magenta undertone. Texture was ok highly pigmented but only serves to make you look like a clown. Might be nicer on darker skintones though.

on 2/28/2013 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

*I have the colour icon version of this, for reference*

I ordered this online after hearing so many positive reviews, and it didn't disappoint!
The formulation is way up there with brands like Mac, Benefit etc, it's so pigmented! You really need the lightest hand with this one.
The colour is a great mid-tone pink, not peachy or berry or anything, just straight up pink.It can get just a tad chalky, but once it's applied I don't feel like it comes off that way.

Truly one of the drugstore 'diamond in the rough' products, A+!

on 2/23/2013 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i noticed that if iuse a yellow based foundation (i use mineral powder foundation), the color turns to be reddish and if i use a more neutral color of foundation, it keeps its color which is medium rose. in any case, the color is very natural and has great pigmentation. i use elf big stippling brush to apply it and i use it vey vey lightly. it stays all day long on my face. its not powdery at all. very good blush texturewise and colorwise. i would buy it again if i ever finish it!

on 2/19/2013 3:33:00 PM

I luv this gem!

on 2/14/2013 1:41:00 AM

I was hoping this blush would be an exact dupe for Mac's blushbaby but this isn't it. The color comes off more orange on my skintone and not that flattering (I have natural-beige complexion with yellow undertones). Overall, it was just an ok blush and not what I expected. Will not be repurchasing.

on 12/28/2012 11:48:00 AM

This is my new HG blush. It is the perfect color for my fair skin. It is neutral, without being too brown, but isn't too pink either. It is a color that works well on a day-to-day basis and can transition through every season flawlessly. It has the perfect amount of pigmentation. I don't have to build up the product on my cheeks, but it doesn't deposit too much color in one go. It blends effortlessly.
There is a little bit of shimmer that makes your skin glowy, but you can't see individual shimmers on your skin.
All in all, a great product for an incredibly low price.

on 12/8/2012 9:53:00 PM

I won't repurchase this blush because I purchased the wrong color for my skin tone. However, it is super silky, pigmented, and overall a delightful formula to use on my cheeks. The packaging is okay, and the brush it comes with is poor quality, but otherwise it's a truly amazing product. What I love about it is that it doesn't contain shimmer, one thing that has previously peeved me about some other blushes. I recommend this to anyone!!

on 11/12/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pretty good cheapie blush. VERY pigmented but can be a little chalky and dusty. I have to be careful when I use this because it does come out so dark. The color almost has an orange tint on my skin? I like this blush and I think it's a good value but it's not my favorite. I prefer blushes that are more pink. I'm definitely going to pick up some more of the W&W blushes.

Popular Blush Products