August 21, 2014 | 1314 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sweetmoya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because the Sephora store I went to said they were no longer carrying DDF 5% glycolic face wash, so they recommended this. I really don't like it. It made me break out and made my skin super dry and rough. I have used DDF before and never had the same problems I'm getting from using the PTR 3% wash. It's just not as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by LUVmakeup4ever

I LOVE THIS!! I had this given to me by my dermatologist because I had terrible acne. I basically tried everything in the grocery stores, I tired all the kits and pro active. I even bought stuff from commercials that are on at 2 in the morning. nothing worked. then i got this along with 2 other things and my skin was clear! ive had acne since i was 9 and ive always been so self consience because of it. now i dont even have to wear makeup. this may make your skin a little dry but make sure to put on moisturizer. its the best thing for you. this product gave me confidence. PTR FTW!!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is working like a charm for me. I happened upon it in my sister's bathroom while on a visit home. I used it in the morning to cleanse for about 4 days in a row, and then followed up with my regular Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer. I knew it was working because in those 4 days I had NO breakouts, and that was a big deal for me! I immediately ran to Sephora for a (generous) sample when I got home. When my sample ran out, I decided to buy a full bottle. I have dealt with acne my entire life. As a teenager it was quite severe, and throughout my adulthood it has been better but still problematic. My skin has never fully been clear, I seem to always be dealing with 1-2 breakouts at a time. Since I've been using this cleanser for the past 3 weeks I have seen ONE breakout. So, I am quite pleased with this product. I have since started using this cleanser every other morning with a facial brush (think of it as a manual Clarisonic, lol), and I also started using the 10% Glycolic Moisturizer every other night so that I only use 1 glycolic product each day. Bear in mind that my skin is quite tough and non-sensitive, as I have grown accustomed to using harsher acne products over the years. I can see how this product would be drying to many people. However, if you properly and thoroughly moisturize it shouldn't be a problem. If you struggle with acne definitely give this a try. Get a sample or two from Sephora to test it out. Heck, you can even buy it and return if it doesn't work out for you. The price is hefty up front but you get a large amount that will last a long while. If you think about it, this is actually cheaper than most HE foundations that people use to cover up their acne. I am so happy I stumbled upon this cleanser!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Nicedoggy

I like PTR, but this guy broke my out some what... will not buy again. DDF glycolic face wash is much better... did not break me out and leaves skin feeling soft and clean... but slighty ichy, use a moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

An esthetician recommended this to me. I used it for quite some time but finaly admitted to myself that it was waay to drying for me. I can see how it works for other people though, and it might feel somewhat expensive, but it lasts for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ESlollipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the stuff right here! I was using Pro-Activ after I started breaking out major on my cheeks. The Pro-Activ wasn't holding it down and I was still getting cystic acne on the cheeks. My best friend who works at Ulta recommended this to my brother and I started using it as well. I've been using it for probably a month and a half / two months. I honestly haven't broken out except for a little pimple on my chin i got from sleeping with my make-up on. My skin looks a lot clearer, my pores look smaller.

It's a little on the drying side so if you have dry skin, I'd say be cautious, if not, just make sure you use moisturizer after. Oh and I only use this at night time and once in a while during the day post workout.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:45:00 AM More reviews by silleebuns

Really good everyday cleanser for gentle exfoliation, especially if you have really oily and acne prone skin like mine. I use it in conjunction with glycolic and salicylic and its just right. Not over doing at all since its only 3 %. It minimizes pores but I think a serum is what really minimizes pores because it penetrates into the skin. Takes off makeup well and a huge bottle that will last a long time

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been shopping for a new glycolic cleanser, and I tried a generous sample of this product. It effectively cleaned my skin, but it is just ho-hum. After a week of using this product, I moved on in my search. I like that fact that it is unscented, and it did not strip my skin or leave it feeling tight. It did not leave my skin feeling smooth at all. My search continues for a glycolic cleanser with a higher percentage of AHA.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG cleanser. Having combination/acne prone skin, I have tried everything and I still go back to this one. This cleanser has the just the right amount of glycolic. Enough to be effective, but not too much that it's drying. As an esthetician, I always feel comfortable recommending this to my clients. Some people find it a little on the expensive side, but one $32 bottle, lasts me on average more than 6 months. The only complaint I have with it is the packaging. I always put it in a pump bottle. It's hard to get out when it comes to the bottom of the bottle. Best cleanser ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

A sales associate who examined my skin recommended this product to me to help skin turnover and to help uncover newer skin below. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheek areas) and used this product every other day initially for a week and then 1x/week. This dried my skin out like crazy. Even when I reduced it to 1x/week, it was still too much for my skin. I won't be repurchasing this.