Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish - #502A - Dark Pink Frost

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

I love the Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks! They are super cheap, yet the quality is fantastic! I have four, and "Dark Pink Frost" is a gorgeous one!
COLOR DESCRIPTION: When dabbed onto the lips, this gives my lips a berry color with a little shimmer/frost. When swiped on, it's a very cool, purple-toned shade of pink. It's not super dark, but it's definitely not light. I suppose this is a medium shade of pink with a berry tone, and the frost is definitely not overdone. I generally do not like super shimmery lip products, and I love this. I find the color and finish to be very flattering on my fair skin tone/coloring.
FORMULA/CONSISTENCY: It's creamy and moisturizing. It feels like a lip balm on my dry lips.
COLOR PAY-OFF: This is very pigmented, and I feel like the color of this on my lips is super similar to what you see in the tube.
STAYING POWER: Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say I know exactly how long this lasts, but it seems like I can go at least two or three hours (if I'm not eating/drinking much) without having to reapply. Reapplication is no big deal for me since I don't feel like I need a mirror, and it feels so much like a lip balm (in my opinion).
PACKAGING: The packaging is nothing fancy, but I don't mind it at all! It's a silver tube with a clear cap, and it says "Wet n Wild" on the silver part with the shade on the bottom of the tube.
SMELL: I don't notice much of a smell at all.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY: I've seen this lipstick in various stores, but I got mine at Smith's Marketplace for 79 cents. Talk about a bargain!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a beautiful lipstick. On me, it looks like dark mauve with copper sheen. I am NW15-20 / blue eyes, and unfortunately, it looks terrible on me. But I think someone with darker skin would look lovely and it looks very sophisticated and amazing for being such a cheap product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have never truly found the end all, be all "my lips but better shade" that everyone seems to be able to find. Until now. Bought this for .69 cents, I had full face makeup on (my everyday look with black cat-eye, peachy blush) but only clear balm on my lips which makes me feel naked. I think I'm one of those that NEEDS lipstick to feel put together, but I wanted a more natural looking lipstick, I'm just not feeling my bright pinks and coral/reds. I put this on and its the perfect natural lip color. In the tube it looks like a muted light pink with silverish shimmer. On me its pink but not a true pink pink , maybe more on the mauve side with GOLD shimmer. I love the shimmer, I think it really makes this lipstick, the cooler toned lipstick with the warmer shimmer makes it unique, and probably more workable for a varity of skin tones. All I know is that it matches my lips so well you wouldn't be able to tell I had lipstick on except for the "glow" it gives me. Perfect go- with- everything natural lippy.

BTW- I think I have weird coloring- warm brown eyes, black hair and light skin with pinker undertones but need neutral/warmer toned foundations and cool toned color cosmetics or I look off. I wear Colorstay "sand beige" or rimmel 25 hr in "true ivory"

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! Such a surprise to find the gold shimmer in this mid-range pink lipstick. Like the way it looks over balm better than on bare lips-less frosty that way, but you can still see the gold shine. I was trying to decide between this and 553B, but at 99, I was able to get both :-D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this lipstick. My lips are extremely sensitive and easily get irritated (bumpy rash followed by dry leathery lips) with most lip balms, lipsticks or lipglosses out there (both high and low end), so I approached this dirt cheap lipstick with some trepidation. Luckily, this doesn't break me out at all! Alone, it's a little too frosty "I'm still living in the 80s", but my favorite use is layering over a plum lipstick. It creates the most beautiful finish and it glides right on. Highly recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

something about the frost lipsticks and myself just dont get along there are some people that are able to pull them off but when i try i feel like i am coming off a bad 90s teen movie, mayeb it is my skin tone but it just doesnt work to be, i cant be too upset with the product since i only bought it for 50 cents and im sure it will look a lot better on my cousing who is much lighter than i am

So, today I finally decided to dig out a low end lippie and give it a try and realized it reminded me A LOT of one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. Here the picture is;
[IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/jens7lil1s/e169430e.jpg[/IMG]
Upper lip MAC Aristocat $14.50 retail but going for far more on EBay as it was LE
Lower lip Wet n Wild 502A .99 cents at Walgreens but just got a back up today on sale for .69 cents

The Wet n Wild appears a tad less plum more pink in the tube bit is identical on. They have the identical feel on as well. I wore 502a all day and it wore very nicely. :). Woohoo!

Absolutely gorg pale shimmery pink. There's a few MAC colors that are similar to this. Very easy to wear with a variety of looks. I purchased this for 67 cents:) Even though I would normally give the packaging a 3 for being kinda chintzy (not that I mind), I'm giving it a 4. I like the way the lipstick "clicks" into place when you have it all the way wound down. I'm very impressed with Wet 'n' Wild lipsticks, and this is a great color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this months ago and then promptly forgot I had it. This morning I went for a clean and simple almost no-makeup look with my face and eyes and wanted a healthy pinky color for my lips (rather than my typical nude-pink). I went digging in my lipstick bin and found this one. It fit the bill perfectly! I know some ladies had pigmentation and wear issues, but this shows up well on me (NC25-30 with medium-pigmented lips) and I don't have to reapply at all (except after meals since I always take off my lip products before eating).

Better than I expected. Retails for $0.99 but I got mine for $0.49. It's called Dark Pink Frost but to me it's more of a mauve with a gold sheen/frost. It's a nice everyday color. Lasting power isn't great but I'm someone who doesn't mind reapplying. I must admit I hate the packaging tho. I hate when lipsticks don't go all the way down. I'm always paranoid when replacing the cap. I like the color enough to repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin