October 21, 2014 | 1041 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Rough Paste 12 ragged texture hair paste

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by brianaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry, but the smell is a deal breaker. It lingers and is totally horrible...like real epoxy. My BF asked my why I would spend so much on fragrance and then put something that smelled like this in my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyed_girl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this from a friend who stopped using products. So anyway, I have thick curly hair, and the amount I needed to get through all of my hair was so heavy and disgusting...but again, I'm sure it was just because of my personal texture and needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Jenni4Design

My mom loves this and has bought it multiple times. Her hair is thick (and she thinks coarse, but I'd say normal) and this works well to texturize her short layered style. She's pretty low maintenance and hates to blow dry, so the fact that she likes this stuff and uses it a lot means it must be good. Although I tried to use a tiny amount once to tame my bangs in a pinch an it was horrible for my hair texture (fine hair btw). She loves this and Redken's Rewind styling paste. Says this one is better for when the haircut it getting a little too long and unruly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by butterflikessiz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am allllways a sucker for Ulta's sales.. and a sucker for trying gazilliions of hair products for my impossible hair =/.
At first I wasn't too sure on how this would help my long very wavy, frizzy, poofy, hair.. but I tried in on my bangs which i straighten. It worked great! the smell wasn't the best at first.. but it doesn't transfer onto the hair. I got used to it. My bangs are sideswept, and it worked GREAT! it doesn't shine, but the hold and flexibility is BEST! you can put some shinier pomade on top if you want some shine.. or a tad of serum. And with this product you do not need a lot. So be careful when you're dispensing. If you're just doing your bangs you need a tadddd! Later, i tried it throughout my whole hair when i had air dried curls/waves. I used a little and rubbed on my palms and smothed over my hair. it took the frizzies away and added a little definition. I have short hair now (a-line cut) and it works great in my straight styles too, of course :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the very few products I have bought again and again - been using for YEARS. Love this for my short side-swept bangs! It gives a nice light hold and definition to the hair. Love that the bangs can still "move" but return to their style - don't have to use hairspray... Sometimes I do like to run the paste through my layered bob to give some definition. Also, I don't need to use a lot of it - using too much makes my bangs / hair look greasy. My husband likes to use this too! Great overall product! (What makes it even better is ulta sells a very small size of it and I can buy it for $4).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 4:33:00 AM More reviews by artcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hoped this paste would give my layered bob definition and control without greasiness.The result is always greasy and too gritty no matter how little product I use. This product is no good for my fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product, great packaging, sorta pricey. I use this to make my jaw-length bleached hair look piecey yet neat and add a bit of volume. Sometimes I use a bit of a Redken hairspray to finish it all off. The pump dispenser is an excellent idea and I haven't had any trouble with it, although it does occasionally require you to push the bottom up a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by capturedbymab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is great. Great hold, great volume and a little goes a long way. I also LOVE the pump dispenser, but I only gave it a 4 as sometimes you have to push up the bottom to get the pump to work again. I took off one lippie because this product is too matte for me. Because I wanted mroe shine, I tried Water Wax, which had great shine but not quite the hold/ volume I needed. For awhile I'd mix Water Wax and Rough paste until Redken launched a new product called Electric Wax It's got the hold and volume of rough paste with the shine of water wax. It comes in a little pot like water wax and it works GREAT for short hair. I'd reccomend switching over to Electric Wax for anyone who dislikes the matte finish of Rough Paste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fine long hair. This adds style, texture and volume to fine hair. The smell is forgivable since it goes away and just leave a powder scent a few minutes after application. Strong hold, Works great! From now on this is my HG styling product. Second is F.Fekkai.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 10:45:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My new HG styling product...even better than Bedhead's Manipulator. This stuff you scrunch in and the VOLUME and hold you get is unbelievable. I love it!