July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Bronzers - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Bronze Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by DrKimberly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DH Bronze feels nice during application and blends well with sunscreen or moisturizers. I blend mine either with La Roche Posay sunscreen or DH Rose Day Cream Light. It does have a tendency to leave a greasy feel and look on my oil prone skin. I counter, though not always successfully, the oiliness with primer and some powder.

If I use this product with powder foundation then the daily oil isn't as big of an issue. However, if I use this with liquid foundation then there seems to be a continuous battle throughout the day with oil. As for the bronzing effect, I can't really see much of a difference, especially after makeup application.

Overall, I think this is a decent product but probably a better fit for someone with drier skin. I will use this bottle, but will likely not repurchase. The product does tend to feel nice and the ingredients appear safe and healthful for the skin. For me, a product with attributes such as 1) feeling nice on the skin and 2) nourishing ingredients simply do not warrant another purchase. Perhaps this is something better suited for wintertime for those of us with oily skin.

I hate to sound negative about this product since I am a huge fan of DH products and their ethical commitment. I will give it a try in the cooler months and may change my mind, but for summer it's not a good fit for fair skinned oil prone gals such as myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered a bottle of this on ebay after reading all the amazing reviews on MUA. I was looking to pare down my morning routine, I'd been applying retinol cream, tinted moisturizer, sunscreen, bronzing powder...too much! So when I ran out of the tinted moisturizer I ordered this. It was impossible to find in the store in my city for some reason, so I ordered on ebay. I've used it every day for a week and I love it! I put it on after my retinol cream, kind of pressing and rubbing it in. It gave my skin a lovely glow that lasted all day, was easy to wash off at night, didn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. It smells fine, nothing strong or chemical etc. It has no shimmer, doesn't streak or look unnaturally orange. I'm so glad I took the advice of MUA and got this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Mielahh

I love this, but love Dr. Hauschka translucent makeup even more (see my review). The two products work well together. I find that bronze concentrate works best mixed with a daub of moisturizer (and/or translucent makeup) and lightly patted onto the face. It has a wonderfully natural brightening effect on the skin, and I feel it is appropriate for all times of the year to exude a healthy glow. The price is kind of absurd but I love how it looks on my vanity and it makes my sometimes dull skin a luminous quality that is priceless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am brown skinned so i dont need this, however, i bought it for my hubby that would complain about his fairness and doesnt have time for solariums. He was skeptical to use it at first but now he is hooked! it looks so natural on him that no one would every think he has anything on his face, he just looks dewy and sun-kissed 365 days a year now. He's probably been through about 6 bottles now and i know that ill have to keep buying it until we move somewhere sunny and warm where he can color from the sun but for the meantime.. This is really good.
No oranging, no streaks, no shimmers. Hallelluja.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by glareathon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow wow wow wow wow. Simply amazing stuff. No nonsense, totally natural, shimmer-free, versatile. Smells fresh and magical. I mix it half and half with my moisturizer (MyChelle Pumpkin Renew Cream) after washing my face (that's my minimum morning routine), then put more on my cheeks and brow creases (several layers on the latter), and sometimes my forehead and bridge of my nose. Just gives a flawless, sunkissed/dewy look. I also like to pair it with vaseline for shine on my lids for a more balmy summer look.

The pump is obnoxious in that one pump gives you WAY more than you would use in one application, so there's a learning curve to getting the right amount without wasting any (it's hard to get back in the bottle if you get too much). Also, there's usually a little plug of dried product in the opening, which is bothersome. Other than that, I really love the packaging.

I adore this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by KlazinaB

I use this product every day. It makes my skin look like the skin I wished I was born with.
For a sort of matt look in spring / sumner I mix a few pure drops in the palm of my hand with Rose day cream light. Which looks a bit to blotchy in autumn / winter , so then I use it with the Toned day cream, but then not pure but mixed with water (I always keep a mix bottle with 2/3 product and 1/3 water). Mainly because the toned day cream is otherwise to hard to handle.

I'm pleasently surprised that I never get any blackheads anymore since I use this products. Not even when I forget to take it all off in the evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Yuannap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice liquid bronzer that is very easy to use. It can be blended easily over the face cream and it gives a very natural finish that is not too dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

I bought this product because of all the good reviews on MUA and I was not disappointed.
When summer started and the weather was getting hot, I was looking for a liquid bronzer; a bronzer that would replace my Chanel bronze universel because of its high price. This concentrate was also rather expensive, but I'm pleased with it and that's what counts!
It's a glass bottle with a pump, which is handy and hygenic.
The product is very liquid and looks terribly dark in the bottle, but when you rub it over your face, it becomes translucent. The product spreads well and the results are very natural. It has a herbal scent, but it doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by pinalondon

This product is AMAZING. My sister got it for me for Xmas and at first I wasn't sure how to use it. The best way for me is to mix it with my daily moisturiser. It makes my moisturiser also a light make-up that makes me look fresh. It's also nice as a rouge. It totally pure and natural. The price might seems hefty but it lasts for AGES. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by verdell

Used the whole bottle before commenting. I use sunscreen with zinc oxide and it leaves my face so white. Mixing this with the sunscreen makes me look normal again and I still keep the sun protection. Great stuff.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No