Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

I bought this product around this time last year when i was experiencing hopeless breakouts and couldn't find a cleanser that could deep clean my skin, but also be gentle enough to not strip my combination, dry, sensitive, acne-prone (yea, fun) skin... Overall, I would like to say that it is gentle, SMELLS AMAZING, not offensive at all like I've heard some people comment. Smells very herbal and natural, which I like. Like I said, it's gentle. Milky in substance with a very minimal suds which I also like. It melts make up away and leaves my skin bouncy and soft and I also find that I only need a quarter-sized amount. Doesn't irritate or strip my sensitive skin, causing flaking. BUT... it doesn't help breakouts either. As far as I know there is nothing in it to treat existing breakouts, but for the areas on my face that is doing well, it enhances. My only con being that it doesn't deep down clean my acne-prone areas. Which, finding a cleanser that does clean gently, remove excess oil, make up, dead skin while mildly exfoliating is still a work in progress. But I would repurchase! It "agrees" with my skin in any season or state of well-being so I overall like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser doesn't do anything for my skin and it doesn't feel like it is removing the make-up from my skin. I don't get that "clean" feeling after washing my face with this. Face is super dry afterwards. Will not purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Completely dried out my skin and made it peel off. I bought Purity because everyone raves about it on YouTube and is supposedly perfect for dry sensitive skin. The first day I used it I like the way my skin looked after. After a week of using it my skin became so dry and irritated I stopped using it.

If you're skin is extremely sensitive or dry avoid I'd avoid.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the smallest size from Sephora because I'm always afraid that new products will break my skin out. I'm so glad I only spent $10 on this because it was a complete dud for me. The only pro to this product is it gets ALL your makeup off, including your stubborn mascara. This face wash broke me out and its lack of lather made me feel like it didn't work.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Everyone raves about this cleanser. I was looking to try something with my clarisonic that wouldn't dry out my skin (already dry) and would not irritate my sensitive skin. SO MANY PEOPLE recommend this for sensitive skin, it broke me out and dried my skin out.
wouldn't recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this product! I use it as a makeup remover, and my skin has never been cleaner. Best cleanser!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Helped clear up my acne-prone skin :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly don't understand how this even has one bad review, because it's seriously that great, but I understand people have different skin types.

A little about my skin, I'm 22. I don't really have an acne problem, but I do get the occasional blemish during hormonal changes or if I'm exercising a lot, and get blackheads around my nose and chin. I try to steer clear of super oily products, but I don't have a really serious acne issue by any means. I have dry, somewhat sensitive skin that gets even drier during the colder months. During the summer time, I might get a little oil that pools up around my nose and that's about it. My cheeks and forehead are always extremely dry, which is odd because technically that's near the "t-zone" but enough about my face.

I prefer a cleanser that has a slight lather, but doesn't strip my face of moisture, mildly scented or scent free, and something that will get all my tough makeup off. This is definitely that cleanser! This stuff is amazing! There are products that are good, but they just get the job done, and there are products that are downright bad, and then there are products like this cleanser that actually improve the skin.

Pros:
Creamy, moisturizing consistency
Light sudsy lather that doesn't leave my face feeling dry
Natural scent (Strong though, so some may not like it.)
Takes off all of my makeup with one go. (Be patient with it. I believe it even talks about this on the bottle, but it really will get all your makeup off if you just gently massage it in for a few seconds before rinsing.)
Leaves my face feeling clean yet moisturized
Actually changes my skin. Unlike most cleansers that just get the job done, this actually increases the quality of my skin. After just a week or so of using it, my skin is noticeably brighter, softer, and clearer. This is what keeps me buying this product.

Cons:
Some may not prefer the scent
It's a bit pricey, so I suggest buying the 10 dollar trial sizes at Ulta.

Suggested Dupes:
Dupes mean different things for different people.
Honestly, there is no exact dupe for this cleanser, but I do also like the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.

I resisted trying this for years. Couldn't imagine it taking off all my makeup...and it didn't unless I washed twice. However I discovered coconut oil for removing makeup and follow up with Purity. Pretty much perfection. I pat my face dry with white paper towels and there isn't a trace of makeup left yet my skin is supple and soft, not tight and dry. I follow up with Renewed Hope in a Jar. I'm 61 and my skin has never looked better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Have been using this cleanser for ages now and will probably continue to buy it.
I have oily, acne prone (mostly hormonal) skin which also extra sensitive thanks to retin-a prescription cream.
This is a great cleaser for daily use- doesn't strip my skin and led to extra-oiliness. Gets rid of most makeup, too (though first I always use an oil cleanser- without that, it doesn't get rid of all my eye makeup).
Can be bought it huge bottles for not too much making it fairly cost effective, too.
Not sure if this has had any impact on acne, but I don't think it hurts, which is probably just as important.