April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Treatments - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

I LOVE THIS!, I use this everyday under my make up and I can see noticeable difference in my skin, Its a lot smoother and radiant. I LOVE IT!
IT protects my skin from makeup and It doesnt break me out

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am really loving this serum!
I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and have noticed positive changes in my skin already - including less redness, diminished pore size, less oil production and a faster cell turnover (which helps fade post-acne marks faster).
It also works fantastically as a primer - reduces pore size and keeps shine at bay, while helping my mineral makeup apply more evenly.
The serum absorbs quickly, leaves a smooth matte finish and hasn't caused any adverse effects on my sensitive, clog-prone skin.
The texture is very silicone-y and slippery and I was worried it may clog my skin, but so far so good!
I also love that this is fragrance-free, as I can't stand putting fragranced products on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product because I think it's versatile. I feel like it does several things, and will also work for different skin types.
I want to start off by saying that I'm 30 years old with oily(yet easily dehydrated), acne&clog-prone skin, and large/visible pores.
I purchased this after having it recommended to me by another MUA'er (a friend of mine). Otherwise I never would have known it existed because Olay's display at the drugstores is massive and confusing.. I found it at my local WalMart for just under $21. The pricetag scared me a little at first.. $20 certainly doesn't break the bank, but it's a bit on the high side for a "moisturizer". I kept my receipt though and figured it it didn't work I'd return it lol
Regardless, I got this to use as a lightweight moisturizer. To either pair with my regular moisturizer when my skin needs more hydrating in the winter time(now), or to use alone in the summer when I don't need a heavy moisturizer because my skin is at it's oiliest. The first time I tried it I paired it with my regular moisturizer on a day my skin was feeling a little dehydrated (my "regular" moisturizer being Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream for Dry Skin) and I was really impressed. It did exactly what I expected it to do - lightly hydrated, worked well with my other moisturizer, didn't turn me into an oil slick by noon, and wore well under makeup. I was pleasantly surprised to notice a few other things it did as well! It also seems to double as a makeup primer, creating a great makeup base while smoothing out my lines & pores. I already use a primer/pore minimizer type product (currently Revlon's PhotoReady Primer or DHC Velvet Skin Coat - very siliconey type products that really diminish my pores better than anything else I've come across to-date) But when I pair THIS along with the one of those (usually my Revlon PR Primer), my pores are GONE. It's like amazing magic or something ;)
My next concern was breakouts.. My skin is super finicky and while the ingredient list looked pretty safe, I can never know for 100% until I test drive it.

For anyone else interested, those ingredients are:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 (Amino Peptide), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol

Thankfully it's been a month or so of continued use and I haven't experienced any new acne, clogged pores, or blackheads so I think I'm safe(Yay!)

The claims on the packaging are as follows: "Olay Regenerist helps regenerate your skin's appearance without such drastic measures as chemical peels, cosmetic surgery or laser. Clinical tests have proven that amino-peptides can help regenerate damaged skin. Now Olay uses this technology to beautifully regenerate skin by renewing its outer layer, revealing newer skin. Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum Fragrance Free uses a concentrated form of an exclusive amino-peptide complex and combines it with moisture to offer the maximum regeneration and hydration within the Regenerist line. This gentle, dermatologist-tested formula is 100% fragrance and color free and has been designed for everyday use."

So this product actually seems to be "designed/marketed" for anti-aging.. I'm not super picky with anti-aging, so I wouldn't be disappointed in it if I didn't notice any long term benefits just because I love everything else about it. I do like to take "anti-aging precautions" whenever I can of course (wearing sunscreen daily, things of that nature) But thanks to my oily skin I seem to be aging gracefully (or at least I think I am lol) so I do plan to repurchase this over and over again regardless. As I said above, it's been a month or so of use now but I still get surprised when I look in the mirror and see how poreless I look some days! It's really made a huge difference in my life so Olay did a great job with this one. Now I just have to pray they don't discontinue it! ;)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this product so far. It's $20 cheaper than the Vichy serum I was using and a different formulation. This one is silicone-based and much thicker. I like using it in the morning under my makeup - it provides a smooth base and my BB Cream covers better. I don't use it at night because my night cream is really rich. It moisturizes just enough for day-time and my combo skin hasn't broken out from it.

Yay! A great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product at first. I picked it up while traveling when I had forgotten to pack my moisturizer. It moisturized my combination skin well without causing breakouts, or so I thought. But when I came back to the product after setting it aside for a few weeks, it suddenly caused my skin to break out. I'm using up the rest of the product on my arms and legs.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A while ago I wrote a so-so review for the fragranced version of this product complaining about the smell and that I never noticed any benefit beyond what you might get with a primer. Well, I've been using the fragrance free version and have changed my tune. This stuff is now a staple for me. Perhaps it was something irritating about the fragranced version or perhaps my skin has just gotten to the point where I can appreciate what this serum can do. I use this after lightening and/or retinol treatments, but before sunscreen/moisturiser. I will say that I use a generous amount, a couple of pumps for my face and throat. It's possible I was being too miserly in the past and thus not getting results.

Anyway, everything feels softer and smoother, without the clogging caused by some primers. I can use it around my eyes, it seems to help keep my skin clearer, my combo skin doesn't break out from it, and it helps with wrinkles; it's just a great first step/base layer after treatments. When I travel, it's tough to take every cream and lotion, but I do make sure to take this, no matter what else I might leave behind. The bottle is a good size for travel. Price is not cheap, but it goes on special frequently and is a great deal compared to similar products. I'll still complain that the last bits are hard (nearly impossible) to get out of the bottle and the stem of the pump could be longer. But for now I've just purchased my third bottle; I go through one about every 3 months. Just make sure if you get this, you get the FRAGRANCE FREE.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by BRoberts0107

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about three weeks now, and I'm very pleased with the results, and intend to keep using it. I have very dry, sensitive skin with a little rosacea. Since using this product my skin has become noticeably smoother, and the redness has evened out (some). I use it twice a day, along with face moisturizer (CeraVe AM and PM). This product is a serum, not a moisturizer, so I wouldn't expect it to be enough for people with dry skin. It comes in a bottle with a pump, but the bottle is not opaque, and does not protect the active ingredients from light degradation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by SHOESLAVE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this serum since it came on the market and will always use it. I use this as my primer/moisturizer before I put on my tinted-moisturizer and love it. Makes my skin smooth and silky while giving me the anti-aging benefits (niacinamide and peptides) I need. Have tried some expensive primers and they weren't nearly as good as Olay. The most bang for the buck in my opinion!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that's fairly sensitive and does not usually like silicones. Based on reviews, I got this serum and the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting serum (red bottle). After using both for about 3 months each, I can safely say that neither of them do anything to improve the general condition of my skin. My skin produced the same shocking amount of oil, I got acne at the same right, my pores looked the same (perhaps slightly worse with this one, but definitely the same with the micro-sculpting serum). As someone who's fairly new to skincare stuff, I thought these were fairly expensive bottles of things that don't do much. If you're stuck between these two and absolutely think that it will work for your skin type, I would recommend the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting serum because it's very sheerly tinted and has some slight luminescence to it. It also feels a little thinner and less silicone-y, which I personally prefer. If you're just looking around for a serum with some quality ingredients though, I'd suggest looking around at reputable sellers online. I picked up a random hyaluronic acid serum from eBay for less than this that ended up killing my oil production and giving me normal skin for the first time in my life - my notebook has more details about my overall skin condition and skincare routine if you're interested.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my skin: nc15-ish. i have reddish hair and am prone to freckle-ing. acne-prone (but controlled with daily use of a BHA), combination-leaning-normal, dislikes BP but LOVES exfoliation. for years my face has been a shade redder than my neck and chest. not like BAM, RED! but still noticable.
other priducts i use in conjunction w/ this: dove sensitve skin bar soap on both face and body; salux cloth every 4 days or so; alpha hydrox 10% aha cream; paula's choice 2% BHA liquid; when going out, biore bright face ss (japanese brand, leaves matte finish)
my hopes for this: add a bit of moisture, reduce redness, NOT cause breakouts! antioxidants are definite a plus
where i bought it and for how much: walmart, around $22. hopepully my local costco will have this though
results: as of 12/2/12, i've been using this for maybe 2 weeks. if it were going to give me breakouts it would have by the 2nd day or so, but my skin has stayed clear! this is a big thing for me-- my skin is fickle. the texture of this is light and vevlety, from the silicones. i use this nightly. i apply the alpha hydrox 10% cream, and let thank sink in (takes 5 minutes or so). then i apply this on face and neck. 1 pump is perfect for my face, and i use 1/2 a pump for my upper neck. i know i should do the whole neck but this stuff is $$$! i noticed less redness after the 1st use-- i woke up the nexk morning and my face was not as red as it usually is. by the 3rd or 4th use my face has NO redness when i woke up! and now my face stays nice and un-red all day long. every now and then i apply this in the am as well, since leaving it on overnight and then washing it of in the am probably isnt long enough for the antioxidants to do as much as they could. one time i didnt use it for 2 nights in a row and the redness did start to come back. even when i apply this twice a day i never get any irritation. as far as moisture goes, i find the AHA to be moisturizing since its a cream, so this is enough for me. honestly, i've never really NEEDED a moisturizer though. for me, if i skip moisturizer before bed i wake up with really oily skin. if i use it i wake up with skin thats "perfect"-- not too oily, not too dry.
packaging: LOVE the packaging of this! is nearly-opaque white. i feel like the ingredients arent cpoming into contact w/ much light, but if i hold it up to the light i can still make out how much is left. i love that the top can e twisted to lock shut. if DS somehow gets ahold of this i dont have to spaz out and worry that he'll squirt it all over the place. after this bottle is empty i'm going to see if its possible to open this sucker up and re-use it.

conclusion: it kinda sucks that this is so expensive. after using it for 2 weeks or so when i hold the bottle up to the light it looks like about 10% is gone, and i've used it 2x a day for about 1 week of that time. i'll be checking costco to see if they stock this fragrance-free version *crosses fingers* i tried cerave pm in the past for its niacinamide, but it clogged me. and i know i could probably make my own niacinamide toner, but adding in antioxidants and buying all the ingredients and measuring them all out... then coming up with a formulation that works for me, and then always having to make fresh.... would just be too much of a hassle. so for now i will re-buy this. its been the only thing to 100% get rid of my redness, and that makes me very happy. also, knowing there are antioxidants in there makes me feel good about doing something extra for my skin that i wasnt before. if this had SPF and STILL wanst clogging, then it woudl be absolutely perfect!