November 27, 2014 | 1429 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

Used is twice. Within 24 hours, I had cystic acne on my chin, cheek, and temple. It also gave me wrinkles (around my mouth). This happened with the 7-in-1 tinted moisturizer as well by Olay. It gave me wrinkles. What the heck? Never again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

A must-have. As far as I'm concerned, this is a triple threat--a makeup primer, a moisturizer, and a serum. It's unlike your usual serum in consistency. It's lightweight but not watery. Absorbs in a matter of moments. I normally apply this twice a day, from the chest up. I think this will last me 3 months. 2 pumps for the face, 2 for all around the neck, 1 for the d├ęcolletage and 1 on the back of my hand, where I use the other hand's back to rub the serum together on the tops of both hands. It's 2013, if you're lucky enough to be young and wanna stay looking young, we all should have learned by now that age is obvious on these areas, they shouldn't be forgotten.

I've been using this night and day since June (almost the end of July now) with the fragrance-free Olay Regenerist Regenerating Lotion with SPF 15. I paid $30 to get both because Rite Aid had a BOGO 50% off sale. Both bottles sell for $20 each but the serum has 1.7 fl ounces and the moisturizer has 2.5 fl ounces. Now these may seem expensive but they're worth it. I had acneic DRY skin before this because I used a 2% salicylic acid cream and 10% benzoyl peroxide gel everyday but could never find anything within my budget that could moisturize without making my acne worse. These 2 Olay additions worked better than I ever could have imagined. I love to just look at my face in a mirror and tweeze hairs or make sure I catch any new blemishes. I swear I have had NO NEW ACNE, NO NEW BLACKHEADS, my skin is now amazingly soft and the only dry area is normally at my hairline, on my forehead because I get itchy there from my bangs. I tweeze off any flakes I see. Really all I have to deal with now is acne scars, cus I can't leave a whitehead alone and I got a couple scars. I'm on the hunt for a good way to get rid of them, but I'm just happy with all the good I'm doing for my skin.

For my dry, acne-prone skin, my regimen on clean skin is the serum first, wait 5 minutes for it to sink in. I then apply the SPF lotion around my eyes, on the tops of my hands, around my face near the hairline where I'm known to be itchy and dry, and around my mouth. I do this so that I don't get any of the drying acne creams on my driest or most sensitive areas because I don't wash my hands between uses. The SA and BP cream (Clean & Clear Oil-free Advantage Oil Absorbing Treatment and Target brand Up & Up Benzoyl Peroxide Gel) goes chin, beside the mouth, over lip, on nose, both areas beside the nose, inbetween brows, and all over forehead. 5 minutes go by, then I apply the lotion to the entire face.

*Just read the reviews below and noticed the silicone-acne thing.. Maybe I don't get acne because I use acne stuff at the same time? I dunno! Just a thought. My pores have gotten smaller and I've never broken out from silicone primers anyway so I don't really know.. what a mystery!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after reading positive reviews on reputable product review site Cosmetic Cop.

Pros: Effective ingredients (niacinamide & peptide are the star ingredients of anti-aging), affordable price tag, fragrance free, decent packaging.

Cons: Sits on top of my skin, feels very silicone-y, congested my skin & broke me out a fair amount.

I'm typically ill-tolerated by products with higher composition of silicone, other silicone-heavy products that broke me out are Smashbox primer & most Giorgio Armani foundations. This serum congested my skin congested & broke out at areas where I usually don't. I looked back at the reviewers who gave low rating to this serum & unsurprisingly, a good portion of them said that it broke them out as well.

My skin was normal again after switching back to (my favorite) Caudalie Vinosource SOS serum.

I'd love an affordable & high performance serum, too bad this isn't it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by luckyasianbabydoll

I've been using this product for about year. Maybe it's because I've used it so long, but I don't think it does much.

It is nice to have as a primer, but I feel like the Olay products tend to cause reactions on my skin like itchy bumps. It feels a little siliconey.

I recommend trying it if you can get it for $10 like I did. However, I'll be moving on to something new when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by ladushka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a top product. It is very gentle, it moisturizes well and it calms and regenerates my skin. The texture has improved, the pores are smaller. Redness is gone. I don't even need moisturizing cream on top of it because it does its job so perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For my very reactive, combo skin this serum has been really good. I have redness, and I find that this serum doesnt irritate my skin, and actually calms its down a lot. It has good ingredients, and I dont find it greasy to use. I find it hydrating enough to use on its own (the less products I put on my skin the better, so this is great!) It hasnt caused any breakouts or clogged pores for me. I will be repurchasing for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

I LOVE THIS!, I use this everyday under my make up and I can see noticeable difference in my skin, Its a lot smoother and radiant. I LOVE IT!
IT protects my skin from makeup and It doesnt break me out

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by atjay03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am really loving this serum!
I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and have noticed positive changes in my skin already - including less redness, diminished pore size, less oil production and a faster cell turnover (which helps fade post-acne marks faster).
It also works fantastically as a primer - reduces pore size and keeps shine at bay, while helping my mineral makeup apply more evenly.
The serum absorbs quickly, leaves a smooth matte finish and hasn't caused any adverse effects on my sensitive, clog-prone skin.
The texture is very silicone-y and slippery and I was worried it may clog my skin, but so far so good!
I also love that this is fragrance-free, as I can't stand putting fragranced products on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product because I think it's versatile. I feel like it does several things, and will also work for different skin types.
I want to start off by saying that I'm 30 years old with oily(yet easily dehydrated), acne&clog-prone skin, and large/visible pores.
I purchased this after having it recommended to me by another MUA'er (a friend of mine). Otherwise I never would have known it existed because Olay's display at the drugstores is massive and confusing.. I found it at my local WalMart for just under $21. The pricetag scared me a little at first.. $20 certainly doesn't break the bank, but it's a bit on the high side for a "moisturizer". I kept my receipt though and figured it it didn't work I'd return it lol
Regardless, I got this to use as a lightweight moisturizer. To either pair with my regular moisturizer when my skin needs more hydrating in the winter time(now), or to use alone in the summer when I don't need a heavy moisturizer because my skin is at it's oiliest. The first time I tried it I paired it with my regular moisturizer on a day my skin was feeling a little dehydrated (my "regular" moisturizer being Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream for Dry Skin) and I was really impressed. It did exactly what I expected it to do - lightly hydrated, worked well with my other moisturizer, didn't turn me into an oil slick by noon, and wore well under makeup. I was pleasantly surprised to notice a few other things it did as well! It also seems to double as a makeup primer, creating a great makeup base while smoothing out my lines & pores. I already use a primer/pore minimizer type product (currently Revlon's PhotoReady Primer or DHC Velvet Skin Coat - very siliconey type products that really diminish my pores better than anything else I've come across to-date) But when I pair THIS along with the one of those (usually my Revlon PR Primer), my pores are GONE. It's like amazing magic or something ;)
My next concern was breakouts.. My skin is super finicky and while the ingredient list looked pretty safe, I can never know for 100% until I test drive it.

For anyone else interested, those ingredients are:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 (Amino Peptide), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Cetyl Ricinoleate, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol

Thankfully it's been a month or so of continued use and I haven't experienced any new acne, clogged pores, or blackheads so I think I'm safe(Yay!)

The claims on the packaging are as follows: "Olay Regenerist helps regenerate your skin's appearance without such drastic measures as chemical peels, cosmetic surgery or laser. Clinical tests have proven that amino-peptides can help regenerate damaged skin. Now Olay uses this technology to beautifully regenerate skin by renewing its outer layer, revealing newer skin. Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum Fragrance Free uses a concentrated form of an exclusive amino-peptide complex and combines it with moisture to offer the maximum regeneration and hydration within the Regenerist line. This gentle, dermatologist-tested formula is 100% fragrance and color free and has been designed for everyday use."

So this product actually seems to be "designed/marketed" for anti-aging.. I'm not super picky with anti-aging, so I wouldn't be disappointed in it if I didn't notice any long term benefits just because I love everything else about it. I do like to take "anti-aging precautions" whenever I can of course (wearing sunscreen daily, things of that nature) But thanks to my oily skin I seem to be aging gracefully (or at least I think I am lol) so I do plan to repurchase this over and over again regardless. As I said above, it's been a month or so of use now but I still get surprised when I look in the mirror and see how poreless I look some days! It's really made a huge difference in my life so Olay did a great job with this one. Now I just have to pray they don't discontinue it! ;)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this product so far. It's $20 cheaper than the Vichy serum I was using and a different formulation. This one is silicone-based and much thicker. I like using it in the morning under my makeup - it provides a smooth base and my BB Cream covers better. I don't use it at night because my night cream is really rich. It moisturizes just enough for day-time and my combo skin hasn't broken out from it.

Yay! A great product!