LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 5/20/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can see why this product isn't for everybody, but it's definitely for this girl right here! I have mostly straight, slightly wavy South Asian hair. I personally LOVE the smell of this conditioner, and that the fragrance is long-lasting. The rest of my review is based solely on product performance: a lot of people seem to have a hard time applying this conditioner, but I literally just glide it down the length of my hair, just as I would with the dry shampoos from LUSH. At this point, your hair will feel more squeaky than slippery, but that's okay! It's still working. It's when you rinse this conditioner out that the true magic of this product comes through. It rinses out without any sticky residue (if you use the right shampoo beforehand) and leaves a nice "slip" to your hair as it dries. This is great for styling and I've found it especially helpful because it doesn't contribute to excess buildup when I add in my styling products prior to blow drying. I don't personally use this conditioner in the winter, because I prefer a heavier conditioner in cold weather, but for the Spring and Summer, LUSH Jungle Conditioner is where it's at. Two thumbs up from me, I can't live without it!

on 5/18/2014 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the scent, I love it I love it I LOVE IT <3 And the scs alson reason why I buy it again and again. It smells like fresh cut grass, reminds me of holidays. :)

It comes in a compact bar and Lush says, you should ru it all ober your hair and rince it out. But I use it different:

I first cut it into little pieces, then add boiling water to create a thick paste. Then I add another conditioner to make a thinner paste. Finally, I add some olive oil. This paste should be stored in the fridge, but is way easier to apply than the block and is more nourishing. :)

on 5/15/2014 10:41:00 PM

This is the worst product I have ever used. You cannot lather this at all and it is impossible to use. It smelled absolutely horrible. My hair felt disastrous after using this and could not believe that they actually sell something so horrible.

on 4/29/2014 9:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: . Hair is so much more manageable, soft and shiny now . Smells lovely . Hair has been more curly since I started using it,which I love . When my hair looks a bit dry, I gently rub the bar on it (when the bar's dry of course!), gently comb it through and the hair's nice and moisturised . Vegan . Packed with natural ingredients . Environmentally friendly . Not tested on animals . Lasts ages. I've had mine six weeks, and there's still over three quarters of it left! Cons: . Takes trial and error to find the right method . If not rinsed out properly can leave a couple of curls looking greasy

on 4/13/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ok, so i'm just going to say how pleased I am with this product, it feels amazing, and smells awesome. i'm 13, so this is the perfect light conditioner for my young hair. but how do you use it? I was faced with this question when I first used it. But then, when I accidentally left it in a little puddle of water, I worked it out. I used the bit that turned white, rubbed it into my hands, and then placed it in my hair!! I love it and it lasts for (almost) ever!!

on 4/3/2014 7:05:00 AM

I am really really happy with this conditioner! I had been using lush's solid shampoos for a while but I would always stick with a drug store conditioner. I'm happy I decided to give it a try - it makes my hair extremely soft, visibly thicker and oh god, I looove the smell, it lasts for so long! I use this in combination with Lush's New Shampoo and I have been amazed by the results so far. Concerning the application, I like mixing a little chunk of it in a bit of hot water, but it works also in it's solid form, the only thing is that, as already mentioned, you cannot expect it to lather as well as "regular" conditioners, but you will definitely feel it once your hair is dry! Will definitely buy it again!

on 4/2/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
-Smells deliciousóvery earthy.
-Natural product.

CONS:
-Hard to distribute through hair.
-Have to use a lot more product than the typical shampoo bar from LUSH.
-Price, considering how quickly you will need to replace.

BOTTOM LINE:
Would consider repurchasing, but would probably try something new. I feel great about having a natural product in my hair, but it is very hard to coat the ends. I find that I have to take the bar and literally rub it on the ends of my hair in a downward motion, and then once coated, use my fingers to massage it through. It does not act like a typically conditioner in the sense that it doesnít make your hair feel super soft in the shower. Instead, you put it in, rinse it out, and then it will feel better after it dries. I am using this in conjunction with LUSHís Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and so far, so good, but Iím not sure that itís worth $10 since Iíve only used it twice and itís already significantly smaller than when I first used it.

on 2/5/2014 4:05:00 PM

I love this conditioner!

I was wary at first about using a solid conditioner, but I'm glad I did!

It's very small, and green, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of the scent, but it's nice enough, a bit earthy, and for how the product works I'm a-okay with it!
It's also quite affordable at about roughly $10/bar, it's a deal, because it lasts quite a long time.

Perhaps the most awkward thing about using the Jungle Solid Conditioner is the fact that when it's in your hair, you can't feel it like you can other conditioners.
A lot of the other conditioners I've used have had silicone in it, which gives the hair that slick feeling when you have it in. Jungle doesn't have any in it, so it feels completely different.

Using it can be a bit tricky! Here's what I do! I make sure my hair is completely wet, and then I take the bar, let it run under the hot water for a few seconds, then I smooth it all along the length of my hair, If I feel like I haven't gotten enough it, I'll rub the bar between my palms to get some product on it, then apply it to my hair, focusing on the ends and avoiding my scalp.

You won't be able to feel it, but trust me it's there! My hair feels soft and moisturized when it's dry, whether it was an air or a blow dry.

Now, this being said, because everyone has different hair types, this is not guaranteed to work for everyone. My hair is wavy, thick and tends to be a bit on the dry side, and it works wonderfully for me.

It's a great conditioner for traveling or if you're environmentally conscious. I gave this a 5/5 for packaging because there was none, and I consider no unnecessary packaging a great thing!

on 1/29/2014 12:09:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product but it didn't make my hair soft or anything :( but the smell stays on hair for a long time so that's a plus..

on 1/16/2014 11:33:00 AM

It's been awhile since I found a product I was this in love with. First off it smells amazing! Fruity with a hint of earthy if that makes sense. Not an overpowering scent. It was nervous because I saw some reviews online that said it smelled disgusting and since I'm strictly an online customer I couldn't smell it beforehand. Regardless it smells amazing in my opinion! It's a little tricky to get the hang of how to apply it. I know other people have boiled it down to make a cream/paste but I want to leave it a solid. I wet my hair and then ran the bar all over my head. You barely feel like you're getting any product but you don't need a lot. (At least I didn't) I had to wet the bar a few times under the water during the application process. Then I let it sit in for 3-5 minutes. Upon using it for the first time using it I was skeptical about the results. I thought because of how little product was coming off that it wouldn't moisturize enough. I was also worried that it would make my hair oily. Rinsed it out, didn't feel like anything special. Air dried my hair. It smelled amazing while my hair was drying, then faded when my hair was dry. Results: It moisturizers plenty! Not a lot so that your hair becomes greasy and not so little that your hair feels dry. Also adds shine! :) I was impressed with how light and soft it made my hair! I should probably add that my hair is thick and gets greasy fast! I used Jungle yesterday and woke up with hair that looked even better if that's possible! Usually on second day hair my hair is a greasy mess but nope it looks amazing still! I would go out in public without washing my hair again! Just in case anyone is curious I used LUSH New! solid shampoo with jungle. I will definitely buy this again!