January 25, 2015 | 973 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by santinig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really really happy with this conditioner! I had been using lush's solid shampoos for a while but I would always stick with a drug store conditioner. I'm happy I decided to give it a try - it makes my hair extremely soft, visibly thicker and oh god, I looove the smell, it lasts for so long! I use this in combination with Lush's New Shampoo and I have been amazed by the results so far. Concerning the application, I like mixing a little chunk of it in a bit of hot water, but it works also in it's solid form, the only thing is that, as already mentioned, you cannot expect it to lather as well as "regular" conditioners, but you will definitely feel it once your hair is dry! Will definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupEllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Smells deliciousóvery earthy.
-Natural product.

CONS:
-Hard to distribute through hair.
-Have to use a lot more product than the typical shampoo bar from LUSH.
-Price, considering how quickly you will need to replace.

BOTTOM LINE:
Would consider repurchasing, but would probably try something new. I feel great about having a natural product in my hair, but it is very hard to coat the ends. I find that I have to take the bar and literally rub it on the ends of my hair in a downward motion, and then once coated, use my fingers to massage it through. It does not act like a typically conditioner in the sense that it doesnít make your hair feel super soft in the shower. Instead, you put it in, rinse it out, and then it will feel better after it dries. I am using this in conjunction with LUSHís Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and so far, so good, but Iím not sure that itís worth $10 since Iíve only used it twice and itís already significantly smaller than when I first used it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Akienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this conditioner!

I was wary at first about using a solid conditioner, but I'm glad I did!

It's very small, and green, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of the scent, but it's nice enough, a bit earthy, and for how the product works I'm a-okay with it!
It's also quite affordable at about roughly $10/bar, it's a deal, because it lasts quite a long time.

Perhaps the most awkward thing about using the Jungle Solid Conditioner is the fact that when it's in your hair, you can't feel it like you can other conditioners.
A lot of the other conditioners I've used have had silicone in it, which gives the hair that slick feeling when you have it in. Jungle doesn't have any in it, so it feels completely different.

Using it can be a bit tricky! Here's what I do! I make sure my hair is completely wet, and then I take the bar, let it run under the hot water for a few seconds, then I smooth it all along the length of my hair, If I feel like I haven't gotten enough it, I'll rub the bar between my palms to get some product on it, then apply it to my hair, focusing on the ends and avoiding my scalp.

You won't be able to feel it, but trust me it's there! My hair feels soft and moisturized when it's dry, whether it was an air or a blow dry.

Now, this being said, because everyone has different hair types, this is not guaranteed to work for everyone. My hair is wavy, thick and tends to be a bit on the dry side, and it works wonderfully for me.

It's a great conditioner for traveling or if you're environmentally conscious. I gave this a 5/5 for packaging because there was none, and I consider no unnecessary packaging a great thing!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I really wanted to like this product but it didn't make my hair soft or anything :( but the smell stays on hair for a long time so that's a plus..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by littlebluekid

It's been awhile since I found a product I was this in love with. First off it smells amazing! Fruity with a hint of earthy if that makes sense. Not an overpowering scent. It was nervous because I saw some reviews online that said it smelled disgusting and since I'm strictly an online customer I couldn't smell it beforehand. Regardless it smells amazing in my opinion! It's a little tricky to get the hang of how to apply it. I know other people have boiled it down to make a cream/paste but I want to leave it a solid. I wet my hair and then ran the bar all over my head. You barely feel like you're getting any product but you don't need a lot. (At least I didn't) I had to wet the bar a few times under the water during the application process. Then I let it sit in for 3-5 minutes. Upon using it for the first time using it I was skeptical about the results. I thought because of how little product was coming off that it wouldn't moisturize enough. I was also worried that it would make my hair oily. Rinsed it out, didn't feel like anything special. Air dried my hair. It smelled amazing while my hair was drying, then faded when my hair was dry. Results: It moisturizers plenty! Not a lot so that your hair becomes greasy and not so little that your hair feels dry. Also adds shine! :) I was impressed with how light and soft it made my hair! I should probably add that my hair is thick and gets greasy fast! I used Jungle yesterday and woke up with hair that looked even better if that's possible! Usually on second day hair my hair is a greasy mess but nope it looks amazing still! I would go out in public without washing my hair again! Just in case anyone is curious I used LUSH New! solid shampoo with jungle. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the earthy, herbally smell this conditioner seals into my hair after I use it. The smell evolved with me, when I first smelt it I hate it and I regretted buying it but as I got used to it more I loved it. I like melting small chunks of it with boiling water before I use it and it provides a really fresh non greasy looking shine and makes my hair feel as if it's sealed off and nourished correctly. It lathers into a creamy/milky liquid if you use it from bar form which still works wonderfully if you have the time to rub the bar about for a bit but for praticality reasons I like to just melt it before hands& that also helps me distribute the product more evenly. I find this quite an intensive conditioner which is great for my daily heat abused 'do but I can also see this being good for thinner hair if less product is used an the bar is just stroked across the ends/lengths of the hair. Very happy with it and will continue to repurchase until I find a cheaper/ better alternative but after 9 months of constant use up to date I doubt that will happen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is atrocious. I threw it right in the trash without using. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MelJS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Bought this last year to take on holiday in my hand luggage. I wasn't expecting much but it 's now become my regular conditioner. My hair is long, thick and frizzy with damaged ends from highlights. This stuff calms it right down and leaves it soft, shiny and manageable.

I wet it and rub it directly on to my hair. You can't really tell if it's going on, but when you comb it through your wet hair the comb just glides through. I leave it for 2 or 3 mins then rinse off. The bar does get hard to use once you get near the end and I normally end up wasting a bit at that point (I've tried mushing up the end bits in my hand to spread on my hair but it doesn't really work). But as it's only £3 a bar and gives me better results than all the fancy frizz-control shampoos and conditioners I've tried, I can live with having to throw away a little bit at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Rosaho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Jungle doesn't seem to be very popular amongst the Lush fans and I can see why, if not used adequately it can really mess one's hair. My first use was an absolute disaster, left me with dry, tangled and dirty looking hair, no one wants that right! But having great faith in Lush and loving the smell of this conditioner bar I owed it a second chance and maybe even a few more. I finally nailed it last night, and oh boy am I happy. The way to use it is to apply it like a hair mask. In fairness one needs quite a bit but well worth it and, lets be honest, it's not the most expensive conditioner out there. So I applied it once it reached it's paste aspect, result achieved after breaking it in little pieces and squeezing in my hands, and left it in my hair whilst I washed, scrubbed and so on. Trust me I had my doubts, was this method going to make my hair greasy? Was it going to leave it dry and straw looking? Neither of those happened, I was left with soft, beautifully fragranced hair, that's if you like the Jungle smell, and easy to untangle. My hair is fair, thin and very long by the way. This morning my hair still smells nice and is soft. I can only encourage you to try it again and give it another try, if the mask method doesn't work for you use it as a shaving cream, or, as I love the smell so much, I sometimes rub the bar on my forearm just for the perfume but that could be seen as a little weird.