September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I really wanted to like this product but it didn't make my hair soft or anything :( but the smell stays on hair for a long time so that's a plus..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by littlebluekid

It's been awhile since I found a product I was this in love with. First off it smells amazing! Fruity with a hint of earthy if that makes sense. Not an overpowering scent. It was nervous because I saw some reviews online that said it smelled disgusting and since I'm strictly an online customer I couldn't smell it beforehand. Regardless it smells amazing in my opinion! It's a little tricky to get the hang of how to apply it. I know other people have boiled it down to make a cream/paste but I want to leave it a solid. I wet my hair and then ran the bar all over my head. You barely feel like you're getting any product but you don't need a lot. (At least I didn't) I had to wet the bar a few times under the water during the application process. Then I let it sit in for 3-5 minutes. Upon using it for the first time using it I was skeptical about the results. I thought because of how little product was coming off that it wouldn't moisturize enough. I was also worried that it would make my hair oily. Rinsed it out, didn't feel like anything special. Air dried my hair. It smelled amazing while my hair was drying, then faded when my hair was dry. Results: It moisturizers plenty! Not a lot so that your hair becomes greasy and not so little that your hair feels dry. Also adds shine! :) I was impressed with how light and soft it made my hair! I should probably add that my hair is thick and gets greasy fast! I used Jungle yesterday and woke up with hair that looked even better if that's possible! Usually on second day hair my hair is a greasy mess but nope it looks amazing still! I would go out in public without washing my hair again! Just in case anyone is curious I used LUSH New! solid shampoo with jungle. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the earthy, herbally smell this conditioner seals into my hair after I use it. The smell evolved with me, when I first smelt it I hate it and I regretted buying it but as I got used to it more I loved it. I like melting small chunks of it with boiling water before I use it and it provides a really fresh non greasy looking shine and makes my hair feel as if it's sealed off and nourished correctly. It lathers into a creamy/milky liquid if you use it from bar form which still works wonderfully if you have the time to rub the bar about for a bit but for praticality reasons I like to just melt it before hands& that also helps me distribute the product more evenly. I find this quite an intensive conditioner which is great for my daily heat abused 'do but I can also see this being good for thinner hair if less product is used an the bar is just stroked across the ends/lengths of the hair. Very happy with it and will continue to repurchase until I find a cheaper/ better alternative but after 9 months of constant use up to date I doubt that will happen.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is atrocious. I threw it right in the trash without using. Yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MelJS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Bought this last year to take on holiday in my hand luggage. I wasn't expecting much but it 's now become my regular conditioner. My hair is long, thick and frizzy with damaged ends from highlights. This stuff calms it right down and leaves it soft, shiny and manageable.

I wet it and rub it directly on to my hair. You can't really tell if it's going on, but when you comb it through your wet hair the comb just glides through. I leave it for 2 or 3 mins then rinse off. The bar does get hard to use once you get near the end and I normally end up wasting a bit at that point (I've tried mushing up the end bits in my hand to spread on my hair but it doesn't really work). But as it's only 3 a bar and gives me better results than all the fancy frizz-control shampoos and conditioners I've tried, I can live with having to throw away a little bit at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Rosaho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Jungle doesn't seem to be very popular amongst the Lush fans and I can see why, if not used adequately it can really mess one's hair. My first use was an absolute disaster, left me with dry, tangled and dirty looking hair, no one wants that right! But having great faith in Lush and loving the smell of this conditioner bar I owed it a second chance and maybe even a few more. I finally nailed it last night, and oh boy am I happy. The way to use it is to apply it like a hair mask. In fairness one needs quite a bit but well worth it and, lets be honest, it's not the most expensive conditioner out there. So I applied it once it reached it's paste aspect, result achieved after breaking it in little pieces and squeezing in my hands, and left it in my hair whilst I washed, scrubbed and so on. Trust me I had my doubts, was this method going to make my hair greasy? Was it going to leave it dry and straw looking? Neither of those happened, I was left with soft, beautifully fragranced hair, that's if you like the Jungle smell, and easy to untangle. My hair is fair, thin and very long by the way. This morning my hair still smells nice and is soft. I can only encourage you to try it again and give it another try, if the mask method doesn't work for you use it as a shaving cream, or, as I love the smell so much, I sometimes rub the bar on my forearm just for the perfume but that could be seen as a little weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I'm a little baffled by all the bad reviews of Jungle on here. I bought this on a whim while I was there. I can never walk away empty handed. I got home and checked out the reviews and was pretty sad, but of course I had to try it for myself. I get what people are saying about it not lathering and it seeming like no product is getting into the hair, or people over doing it and it getting greasy after. I took that into consideration on my first try. I wet the bar and stoked it from my roots to the ends twice an then concentrated on my ends as my hair is quite damaged. I did maybe 3 good rubs on the ends and then tied my hair up while I went about the rest of my shower routine then came back to it and washed it out quote thoroughly. I was a little disappointed because there wasn't a noticeable softness to it while wet. I let my hair air dry and that's when I saw the magic! My hair was noticeable softer and super shiny! It's all about finding the right amount to use depending on your hair. Trial and error. I can see how it can get frustrating and discourage people from giving it another go, but once you find out how many times to rub into your hair, you're set. If you have the patience to experiment with it, I'd say its worth it. My hair looks and smells fantastic. I love the smell! And it does work as a shaving cream too!

UPDATE: So it's been a week and I'm absolutely in love with this! I bought a little tin for my seanik shampoo but now I'm using it to keep Jungle in it as it holds a bit of moisture - bad for bar shampoo, GOOD for Jungle! If it sits in its water drippings from use (not in a ton of water) it makes it easier to use and I can actually see the product rub off on my hair which helps in knowing the amount to use for my hair, obviously. But my hair is crazy shiny and soft. I think I've figured it out and I couldn't be happier. Change my 4 lippies to 5! Give it a chance before you melt it down. It'll last longer in bar form.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I got this a while back, loving the smell in the shop. (Huge Lush fan, by the way!)
I was so excited having never used any Lush hair products before, so I instantly used it by scrubbing it onto my hair and rubbing it into my hands then combing through my hair. It didn't feel like much but I had high hopes.
I got out of the shower. And nothing. My hair was dry. It didn't have that conditioned feel and I actually climbed back in and re-conditioned. Disappointed.
It sat in a tin for a while when I was sitting in the bath and remembered someone saying it would be a good shaving cream. As I was just about to shave, I gave it a try and I am telling you, this is a great shaving cream! Probably could get better, but I'm very happy that I now have a way to use up the bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I am a avid lover of Lush products and am hard pressed to find ones that I don't like or that don't impress me, but I am sad to say that I could not get behind this solid conditioner.

For many, they can either use in the shower as directed or have found alternative methods to using the product by flaking the conditioner, adding boiling water and making a paste. I have tried both and just don't find that this particular products works well for me. I have long, wavy, thick hair and no matter how I used the product, it just didn't seem to give the result I was looking for.

The positive here is that although it might not have worked as a conditioner, I have been using the remainder as shaving cream! It actually works quite well and seems to leave my skin nice and soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the idea of a solid conditioner to go with my solid shampoo so when my bar of Jungle came in the mail I couldn't wait to hop in the shower and give it a try. First off, I find the smell extremely strong, disgusting and patchouli like. Secondly as soon as I came out of the shower I noticed a warm, burning itchy rash appearing wherever it had touched my skin. Lastly, I didn't find that it conditioned my hair particularly well.Lush was great about returning the product, but it was a flop for me. Although there are some Lush products I wouldn't buy again Jungle is the only product I can say I detest.