October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Fragrances - Ralph Lauren - Blue for Women

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by MOOKGIRL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have worn this fragrance for 9 years. It is the one I always go back to even though I would love something new. I describe it as clean, delicious, and unique. It actually smells like the color blue to me. I have never encountered a fragrance that melts as wonderfully on me. It changes as the day wears on and becomes more musky and warm. You can smell it on clothing and sheets the next day and it makes you smile. My hubby says it smells like "me". It sounds strange but sometimes it smells so good to me my mouth waters! Would love to find something different yet similar to try. Any ideas anyone?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a complicated relationship with the fragrance. I smelled it on a person I see maybe once a month at work - and always noticed how she smelled (wonderful) ... I asked what she was wearing and she said Blue. SO I had to have some. I tried a spritz and HATED IT. But for some reason, I could not get it off my mind and every time I saw that girl she smelled sooooo good and I wanted to smell like that, too! I could not figure out why it smelled so different on her. OK, so fast forward about 2 years and I am at Walmart of all places and on a sale bin in the cosmetics dept they have a bottle with a big red sticker for $10! I thought, what the heck ... I took it home. First time I tried it, I thought, well, it still stinks and I just threw away $10. But as the day wore on it smelled better and better. So I tried it again ... and initially, it did not smell good ...but as the day wore on, it became heavenly. I am starting to get compliments on how I smell ... as in "WOW, what smells sooooooooo good?" ...
I am no expert but to me this is a very complex fragrance. It has an almost dirty, musky, animalistic smell ... it's very sexy. I don't think of it as floral really at all. I get more the aquatic/musk vibe. Kinda masculine. It reminds me a bit of MAC Hue Turquatic.
The verdict is I am wearing it everyday now and will probably buy again even if I have to pay full retail price. This is a crazy perfume.
The bottle is probably imo the most stunning perfume bottle I have ever seen. It alone is almost worth the price.
If you are thinking of this, my advice would be "don't give up" ... I am glad I didn't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is an extremely complicated scent/perfume. I agree with others, test this out first before you purchase as it is not suitable for everyone.
I am especially bad at describing scents. the best words I would use to describe the initial scent is WARM, MUSKY, FLORAL, GENERIC, OLD LADYISH, everything that I hate in a scent, and a real turn off!
BUT.....The dry down is incredible, it morphs depending on your body chemistry into something incredible and these are basically the words that float in my mind when it comes to the dry down scent for me (which is the scent that would cling to you all day), LIGHT, FRESH, COOL, AQUATIC and FLORAL.
I always get compliments when I wear this, and it is my staple perfume that I use everyday. I know 2 other people that uses this perfume, and initially I never believe that your "BODY CHEMISTRY" can change a perfume into something completely different, initially to me, if it's the same perfume, it will smell the same on everyone who uses it.....WRONG!
The 2 people I know who wears this perfume, and I kid you not, on one it smells, a lot cooler and aquatic then it does on me, and then on the other it just smell plain SWEET(which is not a word I would use the describe the dry down scent on me, definitely not sweet on me!)......The 3 of us were completely amaze that we were wearing the same perfume, but no one not even ourself can tell because, I find with this one in particular it does morph with your chemistry.
I love this perfume soo much, it was everything I searched for in a scent, I was heart broken when it was discontinued. Everytime I see it in store,whether it was old stock or clearance stock, I always buy. I have right now 4 botles of the 4.2 fl oz on back up at home including 1 botlle I'm currently using(so that 5 all together), and will always buy more if I see it.
My friends and I usually, in a group I try to avoid wearing the same scent as them, but because this perfume is soo unique, it doesn't smell the same on us three, it is actually 3 completely different scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by yvonne9413

This is the only perfume that got me compliments.
Once I was walking along the corridor in the office to return to my room after lunch. I heard a voice outside, asking in an excited tone, " hey, what smells so nice?! ".
The funny thing about this perfume is, upon initial application, I smell mothballs. Then the 'pungent' scent turns into something beautiful, relaxing and cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

I bought this when it 1st came out in 2003. I had it until about 2005. This was the transition I made with perfumes from young early 20 something perfumes like Ralph to more sophisticated ones like Allure. This was my inbetween phase. I liked how fresh this is without being like bug spray or overpowering citrus like. Have not repurchased purely because trying out so many other perfumes. Its not something i see in the cosmetic stores now. Its not something i crave for at this moment. But im happy i did have it once.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by decemberbaby03

I fell in love with the perfume when my older sister started wearing it. Has such a unique scent. Not old-ladyish at all. Smells so clean & crisp. Many compliments everyday. The only drawbacks are, the perfume is too expensive & plus it's very difficult to find. I just recently purchased a new bottle from Dillard's & something is off about it. Still smells great, but doesn't last. Hopefully they didn't change the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I love this perfume, but must say there are some days I feel like it's too much and almost gives me headache, may be hormone related. Whenever I wear it, my husband is like all over me like a magnet. He loves it and always says it smells so good. And one day I was getting ready and my sister just happened to be over waiting, and she was like "what is that smell on you" that smells really good! This is the one and only perfume I have ever recieved compliments on when wearing. I also have Mariah Carey M, and Estee Lauder Senseous, Tried both Philosophy Amazing Grace and Pure Grace, JLO Glow, various Bath and Body Works scents, and Victoria's Secret Desire, and none have ever gotten me compliments. Blue is the only one so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by kdm1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an HG. I love this fragrance in the Spring and Summer.
This is how I imagine the girl I wish I was smelled all the time.
Clean, sporty blond (I'm not). If this is a discontinued fragrance, BooHoo is all I have to say!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by citysnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first perfume, and I have gone through soo many bottles. Even though I dont wear it half as much as I used to I still love it. It makes me feel fresh and beachy. I love wearing this in summer! Its not overly girly which is sometimes a good thing.. I would definitely say this is a must have in your collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm undecided about this one. I'm not a perfume fanatic and rarely like how people smell... A friend of mine was wearing this and I fell in love. Have been wearing D&G light blue for years and wanted a change.

Went to Macys where I tried the tester. Did not like the smell at all. It even gave me a faint headache. However, something like 5 hours later, I am smelling myself and loving how it set into my skin. It finally smells how I remember it smelling on my friend.

Not sure about this... May try another tester, that one could have been rancid.