October 24, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - Lancome - Rouge Sensation (all shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2005 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lancome has some beautiful colors in their Rouge Sensation line, but I can't get beyond the awful scent. Also, these lipsticks do not wear much better than some of the lower-end ones, so the high prices aren't worth it to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I dont really like lancome lippies but i just love the color of this one. Metallique is a pearly shimmery peachy bronze nude shade. its definately in the brown nuetral category on the warm side. Retails for $22. THis color looks YLLB for me and my nc30 light olive complexion. I tried it side by side with some other familiar colors and its a little peachier than MAC tortilla tan and a little less pink than stila ella. Overall, a very pretty color. Looks great with Juicy tube in toffee pop. Gives me that great summer sun bronzed look. THe scent is what turns me off, it has a faint rose scent, but with the gloss layered over, i dont notice it as much. Glides on smoothly although it will leave golden shimmer on your lips when it wears off. Wears as well as any lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

Applies nicely and evenly, but i prefer a more sheer converage. It's creamy and has more pigment than other Lancôme l/s so good for those who prefer more color:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Chirpy

Got this with the Lancome GWP in the shade "LUXE"...
wasn't too sure it would look nice on me...it kinda had an orangey look to it went I took off the lid. Instead I got a really nice bronzy/rose/neutral color that I can see myself wearing everyday. It will probably become my staple color in the summer...I can imagine it would look great with a bit of a tan!! the only thing I CANNOT STAND about Lancome lipsticks is the PUTRID SMELL!! Doesn't anyone at Lancome have noses??? My bionic nose is my only downfall...I have to try really hard not to let the smell interfere with me wearing this great color!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have Rouge Sensation in two colors: the previously-reviewed Champagne and a newer one in Sheer Violet. The latter is a gorgeous, sheer, cool medium violet-pink whose shimmer almost mimicks a glossed lip. The color can be layered for intensity, but I like using just a quick swipe for satiny-smooth yet light-feeling coverage.

Champagne is a beautiful, very long-lasting pearly pink but the feel is noticeably heavier on the lips than the Sheer Violet. I find it to be a bit drying.

Perhaps the "sheer" denotes a different formula. Even the cloying Lancome lipstick fragrance is less noticeable in the Sheer Violet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick in Henne. I will purchase this again, if I can't find a comparable colour in L'Oreal. I love L'Oreal and Lancome lipsticks. I knocked off a lippie because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 10:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

champagne is a pretty pink color...looks pretty on...love the smell of Lancome's lipsticks...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sbforwin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this lipstick in Risque, and it's a very nice versatile color that can be used for both day and night time. The color gives the lips an understated sexiness and elegance. The only downside is the price, as I am not convinced that the lipstick itself is so unique that I'd pay extra for it. Also, I'm not too crazy about the perfume. However, I'll look out for it when if it comes in a GWP. Update: Now I've used more lippies from this line I decided I actually like this line - I still won't pay $21 for it but I always get plenty through gwps anyways.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by bubblebball15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For someone who wants to get petty and particular about her colors, this is the lipstick for you. You will not be able to find a flat out mauve-color, but you will find mauve-pink, light mauve, and dark mauve shades. These colors are specified for cool/warm shades of all types of skin color. I use the color Blind Date. I only need a little bit. Color stays for a while but the sheen doesn’t, and if you reapply the color will come out too dark, so bring a clear lip gloss with you also. All in all though, I really like this lipstick, and I have no problem bringing along an extra gloss in my pocket if I want my lips to be sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Mistymf

I have this in Risque..my all time favorite color. It just seems to go w/ everything!! I beautiful purple color. Lancome has great lipsticks!