November 27, 2014 | 1470 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is currently the only high end mascara I would ever consider paying full price for. I got this as a free sample at Ulta a while ago and put it aside because I didn't think I would like it, plus I already had to mascaras that I liked just fine. I picked it up on a whim sometime later because I was looking for something other than what the mascaras I already had could give me and I fell in love with it.

This gives a really nice, somewhat natural look; it lasts a long time; holds curl very well; and although it isn't waterproof-it does hold up pretty well under water. I've been caught in the rain pretty badly and only had very little come off-it didn't give me raccoon eyes or anything-I had a dot end up on my cheek after toughing my face. And it's sweatproof as well-I'm someone who, sadly, has overactive sweat glands as well as runny eyes from allergies so often times non-waterproof mascara doesn't hold up very well on me. This one does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Like this mascara, a re-discovery. I blew off Clinique mascaras (all EL company mascaras) for decades, but after trying this formulation as well as the waterproof in Black, I can say that I was too hasty. Or maybe they changed the formula. My eyelashes are pitiful, thin, scant, short, but the product went on easily and actually made me look like I had some lashes. Wish it came with a somewhat thinner brush (lots of product on skin due to skimpy eyelashes).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by OrsonWiggles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope. Not worth the money. There's nothing about this mascara that justifies the price. It's fine- but that's about it. It's wickedly clumpy and I have to remove a lot of the product before applying it. I get much better results with drugstore mascaras like the CoverGirl Lash Blast.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my HG mascara. I've been using this mascara since high school, and there is absolutely nothing better for me. I have fairly long lashes to begin with, so I can't say how well it works if lashes are problematic for you. However, this stuff gives me long, curled, unclumped, falsie-imitation lashes. I won't buy any other mascara. I only have to use 1 coat if I wiggle the brush through my lashes. I like dramatic eye makeup, and this delivers!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a GWP. Just okay with one coat in that it made my blond eyelashes visible darker but left them straight. With a second coat I got clumping and flaking. There are better mascaras in this line and in drugstore brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by MrsMaple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to buy this and...im so disappointed. For the money its one of the worst I bought. The Clinique curling one is so much better, I don't know why i changed. It does absolutely nothing, no volume length or ...anything. i don't know their return policy (i bought it in another state while on holiday) but i cant stand the hassle. keep your money and ask for samples. no samples, shop somewhere else

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a gift with purchase. Due to the actual price, ($16.50) I would not repurchase, but it was a very nice mascara. After having tried Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara years ago and having a horrible experience with it (the mascara ran into my eyes if they watered just a tiny bit and burned HORRIBLY), I swore their mascaras off completely. I tried this product because one, it was free, and it was also a different formula. It is the perfect mascara if you like full, plush, and separated lashes, but you can also build up the thickness due to the formula's slow drying time. Not too slow, though. It have my lashes very good length, and thickness if I wanted it, or feathery, plush lashes, if that's the look I was going for. All in all, a great, adaptable mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Peachedpeaches

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I only have the travel size in this as I got it as a gift for spending a certain amount of money. I have in 01 Black and it performs well on my lashes. The travel size covers my lashes well and gets almost all of them in one swoop. It works well for a base coat of mascara or on it's own. I don't like that it gets clumpy after more than one or two coats on the lashes but it's workable. On to the actual effect on my lashes: It distributes the color evenly and is very pigmented. It doesn't come off as a dark brown but a straight up black. It separates and lengthens my lashes without giving me a very "spidery" effect. Overall, I'd ask for it as a gift from someone. I don't know if I'd be willing to invest $16.50 for a full size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This actually left my lashes EXACTLY like my Maybelline's Great Lash Big Mascara. What I mean to say is: It separated and curled my eyelashes really nicely but did not make a great improvement in the length or volume of them. I actually had to top this with my trusty L'Oreal Telescopic mascara on the top and bottom lashes to really make them pop and look amazing.
Final thought: Not an extraordinary product and for the ridiculous high price this should make miracles! But it doesn't. Save your money ladies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I feel that this mascara is not worth buying, and is way over priced. It truly is no better in quality than most of the mascaras that are sold in drugstores today.