November 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2004 12:03:00 AM More reviews by marinablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh what fun! I was buying Christmas wrap at the drugstore, and feeling a little down so I went over to look at makeup. :-D

I have never used Wet N Wild but I was very attracted to this gloss in #594 Iced Blue. It's lavendar in the tube with a lot of yellow, pink, green and blue pieces of glitter. It's pretty thin and tingles when it goes on. Over bare lips I just see shine and a bit of glitter but it looks cool over a darker lipstick and you can see the sparkles. Doesn't last long, but for $1 and change it cheered me up and I think it will be a fun gloss for a little change of pase and it will certainly make me feel cheery over Christmas.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by gilbertva

I bought this in Iced Blue, a sheer blue color with tons of sparkles. I thought it would be cheaper version of MAC's Lustreglass--that was a mistake. It has a very fake grape-berry smell and taste that isn't too bad, but the texture is sort of gritty, as other reviewers have said. The sparkles in the lip gloss are big sparkles (subtle this gloss is not), and some migrated to my cheeks throughout the evening. The gloss is not sticky, does not last long, and I did not find it to be moisturizing at all. To sum it up: this gloss looks cool when you first put it on, but you may find sparkles everywhere later. But hey, it was only $2 and Wet 'n Wild, so what do you expect? For the money, it could have been worse.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow...this stuff has to be the worst gloss I've ever tried. I bought it in #599 Shimmy-Shimmer, which is clear with iridescent sparkles. It was less than two bucks at Wal-Mart, and I'm glad I didn't pay much more for this piece of crap.

I don't mind the scent...it smells kind of like grape Kool-Aid. It is the feel of this gloss that totally turns my stomach...it isn't just gritty, it is GRITTY! It feels like I put sparkly rocks in Vaseline and smeared it on my lips. It is incredibly chunky. I wish there was a way to give this a no-lippie rating. I give this a huge thumbs-down...I am throwing this away, and I NEVER throw makeup away. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought a halloween edition tube of this, it's red & black glitter. It's an interesting look to say the least, especially if I layer it on thick. The glitter is gritty like all their other glitter glosses & it has the usual odd fruity scent(doesn't bother me, I kinda like it). This would look good over black lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2004 11:48:00 PM More reviews by glitterpink1019

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice gloss for drugstore brand, makes lips look shiny and really sparkly. yummy flavor/scent (i think it is strawberry - i got the pink one) plus it's dirt cheap!!!!!!!!:) however, gloss is thin and shine is subtle. very sticky. slightly drying. don't get much in the tube. might buy again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2004 8:48:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a pretty clear dark pink w/ rainbow glitter called Crushed Grapes #593. The scent is very yummy. Smells of fruity candy. The texture is very slick and almost oily feeling but you can definately feel the glitter. When applied the glitter is speckled here and there but in the tube the glitter looks like it would be a lot (like MAC lipglass). This gloss was very dirt cheap and the quality says so itself. Fun for young girls but not my style.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by PinkSugarFairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought mine in a pink shade for a festive party. This has tons of glitter- to the point that if you rub your lips together, it feels gritty. It's a good gloss for Halloween or dressing up for a costume party, but not for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2003 2:19:00 AM More reviews by rachelseven

I got the red one off the halloween makeup display, and I love it! It's deep, dark red glitter in what appears to be a clear base. Talk about megasparkle! This is very cool to wear by itself for something different, or to put on top of lipstick to add shimmer and shine. The base is a bit thin, but for the price, who can complain.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2003 9:33:00 PM More reviews by cerebrate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dang! Another impulse buy (read: mistake) that could have been avoided by a trip to Productville!

From the WnW Hallowe'en display, I picked up MegaBrilliance LipGloss in Scarlet. It looks gorgeous in the tube - deep, shiny, sparkly reddish-burgundy. Sexy!
But no. Nope. Of course, like all the other MegaBrilliance glosses, it's clear with lots of glitter. Red glitter, in this case.

The gloss doesn't go on very smoothly at all. The glitter is rough and uncomfortable. It spreads fairly choppily - which wouldn't be so noticeable if the glitter wasn't so dark, or if it was in a colored base of some sort.

I've tried it over a couple of lipsticks, but it doesn't look much better that way, either.
No matter how much or how little I apply, this gloss looks for all the world like glitter glue - clumps of glitter suspended unevenly and inelegantly in a clear base.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2003 1:43:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I bought this solely on the fact that Rite Aid was having it on sale for $1 off. Again, I was drawn by the color. It was basically a clear, shimmery whitish color gloss with tons and tons of glitter (#599). The smell and the packaging was just like the other wand glosses they had except these l/g's have waaaaay more glitter. The gloss went on a bit thin, again it had numbed my lips and the glitter was REALLY gritty. All in all, there's only one word to sum up this product: GARBAGE. - This is going straight to the trash can. continued >>