April 20, 2014 | 919 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kdmorin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much! Before I started using it I was breaking out so badly on my face, mostly my cheeks and chin. It cleared up my skin in about 1-2 weeks, but it is super drying, and made my face feel really tight and irritated. I searched for a solution for the dryness online, and heard a lot of good things about olive oil, and out of desperation, decided to try it. So after using the face wash and the toner, I put the moisturizer all over, and before it even dries rub in olive oil all over as well. If you put the olive oil too late it will make the moisturizer peel off, so its important to do it fast. Since I've been doing this my skin is super clear, only a small blemish or two at a time, which is normal due to hormones and stuff.
The only reason I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5, is because of the drying factor, the packaging is fine, normal for skin care products, although I find that the bottles aren't evenly portioned, as I ran out of moisturizer first, then cleanser, and I still had more than half of the toner left.
All in all great though due to the amazing results! My HG skin care routine! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this line!!! I hope they never discontinue this line!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Ljmarsh

I have used this to clear my acne and use it everyday since and my acne has never returned. Swear by the moisturiser and face wash. The solution is also very good however you had to be careful as it can dry out your skin and cause irritation so I use it every other day. Would defiantly recommend this to anyone with spot prone skin as it actually works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I love this system. I know many people have bad experiences with this but you need to give this TIME! I got the entire system (foam cleanser, toner, moisturizer). I noticed that the system was very drying and by the second day of using it, my skin was flaking everywhere. It was crusty, dry, and no amount of moisturizer could help fix it. It was gross and it lasted for a whole week with this phase. I went back to the Clinique counter and the ladies were freaked out about how bad my face had gotten. They wanted to take me off the system but I refused because my acne was getting in the way and making me feel unconfident. I had an idea to exchange the Acne Solutions Foam wash for the Acne Solutions Soap Bar. I got the soap bar and I realized it was the foam that was causing this horrible dryness. The soap actually worked faster to get rid of my acne. I also bought a jar of the Thirst Relief gel moisturizer and it helped so much with dryness. You must be consistent with this system though. You must use it morning and night all three steps. It will be worth it! This system really does work, you just have to play with it a bit. It's pricy but I find that its worth it and if it doesn't work for you, the ladies will be happy to return or exchange.

Foam- very drying
very little product and runs out fast
helps acne

Toner-refreshing
helped get rid of skin flakes
helped reduce acne a lot

Moisturizer- feels a bit heavy and thick
works very well on acne
moisturizing but not greasy

Soap- helped reduce acne faster than the foam
did not dry me out like the foam did
lasts very long (almost 4 months for me)

I would recommend this system to anyone. It helped with my hormonal and stress acne. I used every cleanser on the market including Proactive which btw is horrible. I will not get off the Clinique system!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by anthony94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the 3 step system just over a week. When I first bought it I fell in love. Just after 1 to 3 days the pores in my nose were becoming less noticeable, my white head breakouts were becoming smaller and fewer. It does dry my face and sometimes my skin would start to flake. This is happening less and less now because I use a moisturizer and I think my skin is getting adjusted to it. Unfortunately I started breaking out again so I am going to give it another couple weeks. My face does feel very clean after I use it. I would have given it a 5 if I didn't just have a bad break out recently and the fact that it dries the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kthall25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this line from Clinique! My skin is fair and sensitive and before using this I was prone to breakouts, some bad, almost always in the same spots. I used Proactiv and it worked at first but soon I found out that it didn't work very well. But I didn't know what else to try. I have used other popular brands such as Clean & Clear and Neutrogena and I haven't found one product that helped me, especially long term. I decided to try this line because I trusted Clinique when it came to skin care. The first time I used this I loved it. My skin felt smoother and cleaner than ever before and that was only after one wash! All the products are light but they did a lot for my skin. My skin has never been clearer and if I do break out (due to hormones and things beyond my control) they are much much smaller and a lot more manageable than ever before. I have not broken out like I used to in years. The price is not bad since I don't need to buy it too often and since I don't have to use a lot of foundation, I can say that it probably saves me money there. I would definitely say that these products are better than Proactiv and most acne lines. I would say use this product and stick with it. It is a good choice for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Jlab25

I've been using this product for 3 weeks now and have been seeing consistent improvement in my skin. To provide an accurate review of the product I think it's important to describe my skin type. I have mild to moderate breakouts depending on the season/day and I almost always suffer from hyper pigmentation post acne. I would say this product works well for me because of my moderate acne issues. Prior to purchasing this product I was suffering from the worst acne breakout I have ever had, and my usual routine was not helping improve the situation. I purchased this line because Clinique products go really well with my skin type. Specifically, I purchased the bar soap instead of the liquid, acne toner lotion, and opted not to buy the moisturizer because it has benzyl peroxide which I'm allergic to. After using for 3 weeks my skin has improved significantly, so much so this will adhere as my normal facial routine. The huge pimples I had before are gone and I have not experienced any new bumps during my use and my dark spots are fading! I'm really happy with the results. As far as the products go, I really like bar soaps over liquid because of a cleaner feeling and it lasts longer. In regards to the toner, it does an amazing job clearing the skin and balancing skin tone. Overall, I gave the line 4 lippies mainly because it's not quick solution as I have heard with other acne lines/products. Nonetheless it has worked really well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by artello1246

My photographer told me to start using Clinique products for my acne problem when I began modeling. The first couple days of using the 3 step system, my face completely rejected it! I peeled, I turned red, and my eyes were irritated. But DONT GIVE UP, because I kept using it despite these effects, and my sensitive skin adjusted and began to clear up with in a week! Its been exactly a month now and my pores have significantly reduced and so have the inflamed pimples that would pop up all the time. The combination of salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide are harsh so I use a different moisturizer at night to compensate for the dryness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This is an OK acne line. It's about the same cost as proactiv, maybe a little less expensive. For the price of this line, I don't think it's worth it. I used this 3-step system for about 6 months and I didn't see much improvement. The cleanser is extremely mild, and does not have enough power to remove makeup alone. The cleansing lotion (toner) is pretty good. The clearing moisturizer is the most effective, but also stains your towels and pillow like crazy because it has benzoyl peroxide in it. And don't be fooled by the name, this is NOT moisturizing and most people cannot use it on their whole face. I used it as a spot treatment and it is the only part of the line that actually worked for me.

A huge concern I have with this line is WHY is there Sucrose and Sorbitol in the products?!
Overall this is an average line that didn't do much for my skin. If anything, I would only buy the clearing moisturizer (Step 3) and use it as a spot treatment overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by ampmouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer and have been using it for about 2 years now. The only problem is the cost. It is SO expensive, and the places that actually carry Clinique products are at least 20 minutes from my house...