July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I probably won't ever need to purchase this product again, since I have it in two palettes. This is one of my favorite UD eyeshadow colors, and I love the glitter, even if it does get messy at times.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Emilymalik

This is a really pretty natural Colour that looks nice and shimmery. It is a gret addition to my custom pallete

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know why, but I didn't have any problems with fallout from this eyeshadow. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and though it is quite shimmery, I actually used this in the daytime and found it wasn't too much. You definitely do have to use it sparingly, as maybe the problem people are having with it is that the glitter in it is not as finely ground as in most eyeshadows, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite UD colours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Glitter bomb! I find this shade very impractical to wear on a regular basis and a hassle to apply. Other than Urban Decay’s glitter bombs, they have very good quality. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by TrainHoppingInDixieland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this by saying I love Urban Decay eye shadows and I LOVE shimmery eye shadows. However, I really really really do not like this product. I bought this product without trying it on and should have returned it but didn't. I am in my early 20's and I think it has way way way too much glitter in it. Literally it is just all glitter. Even when you immediately apply it, it doesn't stick to your eyelids and in a matter of hours it is all off and on your cheeks. Also, the glitter is very hard to remove. This is not a bad review for Urban Decay eyeshadows, just this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Blegh. I really wanted to like this product, but I really don't. It is a goregous color, but with horrible fallout. I will use up what I have, but I won't repurchase because I have so many other colors that I love, so I shouldn't have to put up with the fail fallout problem with this one. If they wouldn't have used the dang glitter it would have been okay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by KewlAidJammerz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this eyeshadow!! It is a really pretty beige color with tons of silver glitter. So if you love glitter, then this is the eyeshadow for you! Some glitter does fall out on my face during the day, but I think the glitter on my face is pretty and gives me an angelic glow. I would definitely recommend this eyeshadow to anyone who loves Urban Decay and glitter :) This is one of my favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by kittensandbows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing about this product are:

A) It has glitter
B) The glitter falls out
C) GLITTER!!!!

First off, I would never recommend this product to someone who shies away from wearing glitter. This is a VERY glittery product. For years, I used Midnight Cowboy as my go-to eyeshadow. When they came out with MCRA, which was basically Midnight Cowboy version: superglitter, I was excited. This is seriously one of the only eyeshadows I regularly use, even though I own a ton.

Never apply this eyeshadow with a brush. I'm not a big fan of shadow brushes in general, but for this product a brush application is just not an option. You WILL get glitter all over yourself.

There's a simple way to solve the glitter problem: apply this shadow wet, and use your fingertip or a blender applicator. I touch my clean finger to a moist sponge, and then rub it in the shadow. Since this color is so neutral on my skin, it's very easy for me to layer the color as I want it and blend it to a flawless look with just my finger.

Keys to not becoming a glitter mess when wearing this shade:

1. Apply it WET! Never dry!
2. No shadow brushes. Fingertip, blender, or sponge applicators only. Honestly, fingertip is your best bet.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

beutiful champagne colour, has tons of glitter and that means FALL OUt! prepare for this, use a primer o base, put powder under your eyes to brush off glitter that falls and have some tape in hand, is best apply with a sponge tip rather than brush or if u use a brush use a slight mixing medium to apply and remember pat on do not brush on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I went into Ulta last New Years to look at some Make Up before my cousin and I hosted our party. We found this, both put it on, and were surprised that it lasted all day, afternoon, and night!
I am a big UD fan. I love that this color is not too glittery, and not too dark as it looks in the packaging. I have had mine almost a year and it barely has a dent in it, and I wear it 3-4 days a week.