Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

3.0

on 8/14/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this today at Walmart for $6 for a small bottle. It is a nice floral fragrance that is not too overwhelming. I found it to be very pleasant. I may layer it with lighter perfumes. It didn't last very long on my oily skin however.

on 6/20/2013 2:29:00 PM

As the rest of the reviewers here stated, I stumbled on a bottle of this in TJMaxx and HAD to pick it up. Just thinking about the scent made me smile. I wore it in junior high, which was a hormonal turbulent time in my life, and it still manages to take me to a happy time. My mom used to rave about this scent on me - it just "does" something on my skin that I've not been able to find again since! I'm a big fan of clean, bright fragrances and this fits the bill perfectly. As for all the haters, I guess everyone has different nosebuds and thank GOD otherwise we'd all be wearing Sunflowers and how boring would that be?! Sunflowers is fresh, with notes of honey and musky, woody tones under some bright, but not overpowering florals. Go ahead - treat yourself to a nostalgic summer afternoon - it's only $20 a bottle!

on 3/20/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my HG signature scent. It smells absolutely amazing. I get compliments on it all the time. This for me is only $19AU per bottle for 100mL, and I managed to get two for $30AU. Now I have 3 bottles, hahahaaha :)
This is a very summery and uplifting scent. When I'm sad, i spray this on me and it helps me feel a lot better.
I have the EDT and it lasts ALL DAY! It is my longest lasting perfume!! I use 3-4 sprays and it lasts me all day. Absolutely amazing!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this perfume and will DEFINITELY buy again (after I finish my 3 bottles hehe)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

bad bad bad...strong heavy . i purchased this as i really liked it few years ago. I was not aware of perfumes that much and was into strong scents. Now i am a little experienced but not as much as some ladies here, but i do know what is bad. This one to me is extremely floral and spicy...whenever i take a sniff i dont feel like wearing it. It seems like a scent of the black and white era.....and the bottle is very ugly, and yes the color of the scent is also very dark which i do not like. It is not a winter ot a summer scent either

on 2/11/2013 3:57:00 PM

This smells youthful, but not immature. I highly reccomend it

on 2/1/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's been my favourite fragrance for over 10 years, when it was really expensive here in Europe. A university collegue had it and I loved it so much! I saved money for a while until I was able to buy it, but it was worth it. Now it's rather cheap, but that doesn't make it any less of a high-quality fragrance. I hate it when people say it smells cheap just because the price is low nowadays. For me, it doesn't have to cost 1000 euros to smell good... I absolutely love it and I will always buy it for sure.

It doesn't smell like citrus or flowers on my skin; i would describe it more like a wood-subtile musk-ocean scent. It isn't sweet (thank god!) and it isn't fruity either. It's just different, clean and happy. I suppose it depends on the body, ph, feromones and all, that's why it smells differently from person to person. And it lasts all day! I don't think it's for old ladies, nor for teenagers; it's for everyone who's skin combines well with it, regardless of their age. I've been wearing it since I was in my late-teenage years and I'm almost 30 now. I receive a lot of compliments when I'm wearing it for some reason, especially from men; I was even stopped on the street and asked what it was quite a few times. This fragrance will always be on my beauty-shelf, together with my other favourite (and so different): Narciso Rodriguez for her (pink bottle).

Negative reviews on fragrances make me sad because it's such a subjective rating! It depends on each person's ph and feromones; it's not a crappy product, it's just suitable for some people only. I hate how Flower by Kenzo smells on me; I threw up twice after I used a sample. However, this doesn't mean it's a bad fragrance, but my body chemistry isn't suitable for it. I won't rate it low, I won't say it smells like hell, nor will I review it as a bad product because chemistry went wrong!

on 12/19/2012 12:56:00 PM

This isn't a bad fragrance, I just don't care for it personally. Reviewers who like Sunflowers seem to feel that it is sunny and warm, and I just don't get that vibe from it at all. To me, it smells (as some other reviewers have said) more like the ocean than a field of flowers, and this particular rendition of that scent tends to make me feel melancholy rather than cheerful. Having said that, after giving this to my mom, I find that it smells nice on her. But then my mother has always had a naturally beautiful scent!

on 9/10/2012 3:41:00 PM

Loved this scent in college (in the 90s) because it was one of the few EA scents that smelled youthful to me, and I thought that I was being so awesome for not wearing Vanilla Fields and all the other drugstore fragrances popular at the time. After about a year of wearing it, I realized how yucky this scent is on me! Bleah, like most of EA's fragrances, too strong, and too much!

on 6/29/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My mom used to use this and I was never a fan. Then again knowing my distaste of floral scents, it doesn’t surprise me. I will not purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am completely baffled at the overall low rating for this product when much more expensive fragrances that seem to have fallen off the blandwagon of modern perfumery rake in an 80% + approval rating... that aside, this was not a cheap drugstore scent when it was first launched and it in no way smells cheap today despite the bargainous price. Don't let its lack of overpriced marketing campaigns fool you into thinking that this isn't worth trying.

I never wore Sunflowers in the early 90s (when I was a teenager) because I was a staunch CK One disciple at the time. My loss, because Sunflowers is that rare fragrance creature: a scent both floral and sweet without being a bludgeoner or in any way cloying, an EDT with better sillage and lasting power than most modern luxury perfumes, and a smell that is suited to every age range, stage in life, and many occasions.

It smells radiant, positive, a little citrussy, a little flowery, feminine but not insipid, simply very, very nice. I can see this one working as a pick-me-up in winter and as a delightful floral refresher on a hot day. This one's a keeper in my permanent fragrance lineup.

Popular Fragrances