Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my signature scent. Which might seem strange since I'm only 19. The scent just appeals to me so much, the layers and notes. (Sandalwood, Freesia, Lilly of the Valley, Moroccan Orange, Honey and Jasmine). I also love how strong the scent is because it means I don't need to use a lot. 2 sprays is all I need to get the desired strength I like. So the whole bottle lasts me a very long time. The scent lasts ages too, even with just 2 sprays. It stays on me for 8 hours on average, so through all important events of my day. I've been told that this scent is meant for more "mature persons," however I love this scent and it works on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like Chanel No.5, this is definitely a classic powerhouse. My way of describing it ~Proceed with caution & use sparingly~...too much it'll give you a headache for sure. My mom and I share a bottle. I'm in a love hate relationship with this one. I've had both positive and negative views/ comments whenever I wear this one. Anyhow, I treat it as one of my elegant and sensuous lady perfume :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a classic feminine fragrance which I swear smells differently on all who wear it! It's very pretty and has a wonderful floral, yet alluring... almost sultry scent when I note it on others. For me, not so much :( Weird. Wish I could wear it, but I can't.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Yick!!! So old-lady smelling - way too strong and old-school for me. Don't like this one. Sorry.

Ok I confess I love RED DOOR. My close friend wore it in college in the early 90's, and I loved it on her. Well this summer, I decided to go on the hunt for a new signature scent. I smell Red Door, and the memories flood back. So I am currently in love. I found it at TJ MAXX for under 20 $....
Yet to be honest, I have only received one compliment...but I don't care it smells beautiful to me! I feel lady-like and polished. So wear it I will!

Red Door is a floral that reminds me of Aspire by Avon, not Aspire Essence but Aspire. This floral fragrances smells good and to me.

The reformulated edt is too strong and chemical-smelling for me, but I love the original scent--I find that using the shower gel in my bath satisfies my need for a Red Door 'fix'. :)
Mmm...warm and lovely!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

There's no perfume I loathe with as much fervor as I do Red door.scent they say is subjective so for any red door fans I apologize but I think this stinks. It's cloying, has eye watering sillage & it took two full force scrubbings to GET OFF ME!!! So yeah, I hate this perfume

This isn't something I would personally wear,but its a classic. It's to me,a power suit in a perfume. I hope that makes sense to others haha. This was the first perfume I remember seeing in a store and always smelling in the air at sears. a lady working in a shop once (who was helping my dad) I remember smelling this delightful sent and asking if it was this she was wearing. Lol,in 1996. I was 7,haha.

This award-winning fragrance is such a classic floral by Elizabeth Arden. I like the concept and the bottle. I can appreciate the carefully crafted blend of ylang yang, rose, jasmine, orange blossom and the the rest of the bouquet that blossoms out of this fragrance.

I am highly sensitive to certain florals. Since Red Door is bursting with quite a variety of them right through its pyramid, I can't wear it.

It's heady with good staying power and silage. I can handle some rose and jasmine, but just not this much huddled together with freesia, lily, etc. I mean, you're really getting the whole flower shop with this one. I never do get to the sandalwood and vetiver in the base.

I don't subscribed to the "old lady" or "grandma" classification of any fragrance. I have read comments like that about Red Door. There are perfumes that were originally formulated prior to 1900 (look up Jicky Guerlain for women), and they're still wonderful today for people of any age. Red Door was created in 1989.

It's a beauty on paper, but it's not for me.

Popular Fragrances