December 21, 2014 | 1554 users online

Fragrances - Aveda - personal blends pure-fume spirit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by JNH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the one in Shampure! It smells just like the shampoo - natural and floral/herbal w/o being hippie-ish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Pbbunnie

I am not really familar with this brand. I recieved this an extra in a swap, from what i know it is sold at salons and special stores. I like this scent a lot, it has a clean smell to it and i love to use it when i'm not feeling that shower fresh. It doesn't have the best staying power but it is not bad. Also, the spray is a little too good; i feel like i'm over using it when i spray it on because i like more of a mist than a spray/squirt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in an Aveda store this weekend and commented to my friend that i wish they bottled the aveda 'smell'so i could just wear it, and sure enough i found out that they do!! first i was invited to take a 'sensory journey' which sounds funny, but it was a blast! i was able to smell all of the different essences, and when we were done, i had narrowed it down to one, it was the Aveda signature scent (Aroma #6 Water Nature) so she put a bunch of the essential oils in a spray bottle mixture and voila, $20 later i had the aveda smell to go! it does not last all day on me, but i just love it, it is uplifting, fresh, herbal and floral and naturally delish - i can see myself always having a bottle of this around, i think i may even get one for work- this is fantastic, try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by uofmdem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My best friend works at an Aveda store, so I get to try a lot of their products and I have a couple of these scents around. I have the "Avedea Signature Aroma," #6 and if you like the "Aveda" scent then you will just love this one. I also have #2, which is an unusual, but nice, lemony floral and my mom loves her #15, which is a warm spicy scent. These three are pretty nice, but there are 12 different ones to choose from.

The staying power on these is only average and the bottles aren't pretty and can leak if they're not standing upright. My friend gave me samples of #25 (weird, grassy smell) and #20 (smelled like bubblegum and cigerettes) which I simply couldn't stand!! I do like Aveda's environmental mission and their emphasis on natural products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 10:31:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I received one of the postcards by mail to receive a free one of these. After testing them in the Aveda store I came to find that they are a tad too earthy for my taste. The salesperson had me do some sort of sniff test where I would sniff 2 of these at a time and pick the one that I liked better. This was to narrow down to the fragrance that I should choose. I am not sure if this was the best way for me to find the fragrance that I liked best but I ended up going with Fire #20. This fragrance opens up nice and floral, somewhat like gardenia or tuberose but there is none of those to be found in the notes of the fragrance. Suddenly the fragrance turns more earthy...ahhhh! If only it did not turn that way. If the fragrance would stay floral and sweet I can imagine wearing it much more often, but since it turns so strangely I doubt I will use this very much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second time getting these. I had #5 and the infinity one ( forgot which number). The infinity smells very herbal and lemony, with a hint of cedar to my nose. not bad, but not something I'll reach for again. I love how Aveda gives you postcards to get these free. Such an excellent concept.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2006 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sendhollynews

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was fun to select the components of the fragrance, it also assured me that I was getting something I really loved. The scent last all day and I rcv. lots of compliments in the unique smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've done the Personal Blends experience several times. (Love those Aveda birthday-month coupons!) Some SAs tell you to close your eyes while they waft various bottles past your nose... other SAs ask you to define your skin type, then set the scents from one particular category in front of you... and the best kind of SA just leaves you to explore and play on your own until you find a scent you love! My new favorite is FIRE #20. It's an unusual blend of violet leaf, wintergreen, ylang ylang, and sandalwood. It's a little relaxing, a little refreshing, and gives me an aromatherapeutic feeling of "focus." (Just my own impression; I'm not an expert.) In the past, I liked the citrus-coriander-ylang blend that smells like Shampure, and the jasmine-clove-vanilla blend from the FIRE group, but this one is the most mysterious and the one I'd most likely repurchase. The staying power isn't too great, but I tend to wear this oil when I'm working at my desk, so I can always dab on a little more to refresh it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by arielari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a certificate in the mail to get a free personal blend perfume from Aveda for my birthday. I got one last year as well and got a cinnamon perfume. Last year when I did this the SA just let me pick up and smell the bottles myself and she told me what was in each one. (I got on the cinnamon one...I was torn between the cinnamon and rose one and then decided I'd get the rose one next year.) This year when I went to redeem it, I got a *special* presentation. The SA was kinda odd and brought me to the counter where they had all of the oil bottles. She told me to sit down and that "Your scent journey is going to begin!" They seemed to have more than last time, I remember that they just had ten. She brought a bottle to my nose and told me to pick, "Today or Tomorrow." No explanation. I figured maybe I was supposed to pick which I would rather wear today and those I didn't like, tomorrow. It was a little annoying that I didn't get to really smell them that well because she was moving them so quick past my nose and her "Today or Tomorrow's" were distracting. When we finally got through all of them, she said we needed to eliminate more and took a bottle from the "today" pile and then said "This or That!" That was the final straw. I asked her to show me the names of them and she told me to "Get out of the chair then" (!!!....LOL) and that my journey was finished. I picked one that had lavender, bergamot, and lime in it.
I think $20 is a bit much for something that size, so it was nice to get it free. I like Aveda's stuff, but that was just an odd experience!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

I decided this one time to have my new husband choose my fragrance by taking a sensory journey for my first birthday aveda gift. It was really cute. He choose Water#2. It is my one of my favorites now and I repurchase another within 6 months. I use around 2 a year. It makes me think of him whenever I smell it. p.s. My 102th review!