TendSkin Tend Skin

3.9

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

This is kind of a TMI-review, just to warn you :)))
I've had this nightmare the last 5 years with razor bumps and ingrown hairs "down there" - and i've tried everything: shaving, waxing, epilating, tweezing, exfoliating, using special soap, skin tonic, etc. Nothing worked.
Then I saw this product here on MUA, and bought it on beautybay.com (it's cheaper there than most places I found out)
I've used it for almost a month now and I see huge difference already.
I've still got some scars from the past years (which hopefully will disappear when time passes), but I don't get any new nasty razor bumps - yay :D
I do get a little bit of ingrown hairs, but then I just use the product more on the ingrown hair, and then I can just pull it out with a tweezer and everything is "back to normal".
I use it morning after bath or epilating (I epilate the bikiniline without problems now), and right before going to sleep at night - I just put some on a cotton ball and put it on like skintonic on the face.
I don't think the smell is as bad as others say - not compared to the effect!!
And after almost a month, I've used 1/3 of it, and definitely going to repurchase :)

I was given 2 samples from my wax salon as I had just gotten a brazillian and they said that this would prevent ingrown hairs and was a good chemical exfoliator.

I have been using it everyday since I got it for the past 2 months. I do notice a difference between using this and not using anything.

I use it after I get out of the shower. I wet a cotton pad and wipe the parts that I got waxed. I do this once a day.

If you use it right after shaving/waxing/whatever you did...you might notice a sting on areas that has small cuts/open pores as this does contain alcohol. The stinging goes away within a couple of seconds.

The smell is horrible though. It smells SO alcoholic, like rubbing alcohol, that it is annoying..however I just hold my breath in whenever I use it..which is only for a couple of seconds.

I have noticed a great difference in that there's less ingrown hairs and less bumps. I also get less irritation too.

Since I got free samples, I don't actually know how much this retails for at my salon. However, Amazon has it for $16.52 for 8oz. It seems a tad expensive, but considering it does give you a world's difference and you only need the tiniest bit, I might consider buying it.
The only thing that's stopping me from purchasing a full sized bottle is the price.

on 8/30/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product!!! Okay, time for some TMI reviewing: I shave. You know where. And for the first like, 9 years of doing so, I lived with the bumps. I figured it was part of life. I tried to combat them with tea tree oil, witch hazel, and aloe. I tried to prevent them with fancier razors and even going so far as to try a self-Brazilian once (I almost passed out.) So, I pretty much came to terms that I was always going to have an ugly red razor bump or two on my most sensitive area (I am thankfully not a victim of razor brutality on my legs or underarms). But, ever the fighter, I was always interested in finding new products to eradicate this issue. I picked up a bottle of this a month ago for $13.00. I was like, damn, for 13 bucks, this $%&* better be good. A month later, I aim on buying this stuff for the rest of my life. It's changed my shaving life! Like I said, I used to get big ugly razor bumps. Not no more. I apply this (quite liberally, but that's my personality) after shaving and 5-10 mins later, I am *beautiful* down there. (Told you this would be a TMI review). It also has helped me get a closer shave because now I'm now trying to dodge irritated spots or prevent future bumps- I've got my prevention bottled, and it's name is Tendskin! <3
Sorry to all of those whom I've offended with this review :-P
P.S.-Like I said, I bought this bottle a month ago, it's about 2/3 gone. So $13.00 every couple of months isn't bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

AMAZBALLS!

Stings like a mofo but works like a beautiful butterfly!

I use this mostly after I epilate and within a day the spots are seriously reduced and in a couple days gone. I've never tried any other product but I definitely would not stray from this! If it ain't broke don't fix it! And if it is broke TendSkin it!

on 5/20/2012 12:12:00 PM

I don't want to sound overly dramatic here, but this product has changed my life. I have very sensitive fair skin and very dark, coarse hair. Shaving and waxing have always been torture because I'd have nice smooth legs for a good 8-12 hours after which my legs would break out horribly. I'd have tons of ingrown hairs and razor bumps. The irritation was unbearable, and I was embarrassed to wear shorts (the breakout covered my entire inner thighs almost down to my knees). When the breakouts calmed, I'd have dark purple scars from the ingrowns. I had tried everything and thought that I was doomed to have ugly legs forever.

I decided to dish out the cash for Tendskin because I had nothing to lose. Thankfully, Sephora has a good return policy, so if it didn't work I could always return it. I balked at the price; it's REALLY expensive! However, after using it for a few weeks, I have to say that i'm convinced. It has majorly cleared up the skin on my legs. I no longer have any itching, redness or pain after shaving and am not embarrassed to wear short shorts or even a bikini bottom!! I can really say that it is worth the price.

As an aside, I find that the packaging isn't that great. I used WAY too much product by putting it onto a cotton ball. To fix this, I decanted some of the product into a small spray bottle. Now I use way less product, so I don't feel like I'm wasting money. The only downside is that you gotta hold your breath when you do this, or have a towel wrapped around yourself. The off-spray is very irritating to breathe in.

on 3/15/2012 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I haven't really found that this product has done much for me or my boyfriend. Probably wouldn't buy it again..

on 2/27/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The solution is perfect for bringing ingrown hairs to the surface where you can either pull it from under the skin with a sterilized needle/ pin or the hair just flicks right out... this has been a life saver for me to prevent dark spots on my skin when the ingrown hair stays under the skin to long and becomes infected! You just have to apply it with a cotton ball & once the hair is visible enough to pull from under surface stop using it or it might burn your skin as this is what happened to me since I felt "the more the better".

on 2/19/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wish I had known about this long ago! I have tried other types of pre- and post-hair removal products to stop bikini line ingrown hairs and irritation (Bliss pads, drugstore stuff), but nothing worked. Gave this a try about 2 months ago, and it really helps. Also use gentle scrub in shower daily after shaving. The roll-on applicator works fine for me.

on 11/29/2011 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly this had no effect on my ingrown hairs or razor rash. Not worth the money.

on 11/13/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Not the miracle product I was hoping it would be. I still get quite a few ingrown hairs and bumps even though I use it as directed. Not quite worth the $20 I paid.