Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, stearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth-2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol, Dimethicone Misamino Hydroxxypropyl Copolyl,Alge/Aleoe Barbadenis/Chamomile/Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary/Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheatgermnmidopopropyl Ethydimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hynation Iodiopropynyl Butylcarbarnate.

on 10/4/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! My hair has been so damaged, I was trying everything to save it. This has brought my hair back to life. Even my hair dresser old me she can feel a difference. I always judge a good conditioner if when I put it in my hair I can run my fingers through my hair without it knotting, this has passed the test. I definitely would recommend this to anyone.

on 5/28/2013 9:08:00 PM

Did nothing for me.. just nothing.

on 3/24/2013 6:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this conditioner for several years now. I have problems with dry scalp (which I keep under control with T/Gel for Dry Hair) and thought that any conditioner not medicated and particularly leave-in would be a big mistake, but it's actually quite the opposite.
It does a tremendous job of detangling my fine hair, and it does feel like it moisturises my scalp. In fact, when I haven't been able to use it my scalp does feel a little dry. My dad also uses it as he has the same problem. (Less hair though!)
You can find large bottles on Amazon or similar for a very reasonable price.

on 3/24/2013 1:28:00 AM

I think I've found my HG leave-in conditioner at last! I don't have one negative thing to say about this product. My hair is softer and more manageable without being weighed-down, even when I accidentally use too much. And the scent is just heavenly- it smells CLEAN. This provides incredible smoothness and keeps my flyaways in check. Tangle-free all the way down to the ends, in my problem-child hair! I used this before my last salon appointment and the stylist commented on how good my hair felt.
I bought this based on the recommendation of someone from the hair board and I'm so glad I did. This leave-in is phenomenal, I will keep a bottle of this in my bathroom FOREVER.

on 3/22/2013 5:34:00 AM

smells wonderful, but does absolutely nothing for my dry hair, sadly. i did not even get through 1/3 of the bottle and i've had it for at least a year.

on 2/28/2013 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My Holy Grail, especially in winter - this conditioner is one of the most effective products against static hair I've ever tried. It can be used on wet or dry hair. It can even be used as a moisturiser for the skin (works lovely on dry hands or legs). It helped me to grow my hair long.
One negative thing about it, is that if you use it on dry hair it makes it a little bit more matt, reduces shine. And they could improve the packaging. When you use it for longer time, the cap inside gets blocked up with the product. It's irritating to clean that little hole inside the cap after each application!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG status!

Now I haven't tried a ton of different leave-ins on my natural 3c / corkscrew / curly -coily hair, but I'll compare this to my other love - Kinky-Curly Knot Today. While KCKT is moisturizing, it's not too special and I seem to go through it quickly - the big plus for KCKT is that it's all natural. Well Paul Mitchell The Conditioner is not all natural, but it works better and is slightly cheaper, plus I only need a little. It smells like Blue Magic Hair Grease (and funnily enough - it's the same color) so I'm not a huge fan of that, but I get over it since the smell doesn't linger.

Slip: I give this an 8.5. I don't try to detangle too much with my leave-ins - I just rake them through, but this is definitely more slippery than KCKT.

Moisture: 9. I might actually try it as my rinse out. I always use a hard hold gel (and scrunch out the crunchiness after it dries), but this conditioner acts as a great buffer between the gel and my hair. My hair is SOFT after I SOTC and stays moisturized until I wash again.

Ingredients: Another 8.5. Well I love to use natural products as much as the next person (I'm a health junkie period). But I must say in this product's defense - it is not full of "junk" ingredients, it's well formulated. There are chemicals, but what else is new? The sillicones are water-soluble (no build-up and no shampoo needed for curly girls), and it does have some pretty nice natural extracts in there as well.

Also it's protein and glycerin free which means its safe for me to use constantly and year round. Protein can build up and make my hair dry and glycerin is not good to use in dry weather.

Price: 10. Same price as KCKT, but more product. I'm reasonable when it comes to price and don't rate something down just because it's not under $5.

Availability: 10. I don't like to have to order stuff online and I can get this from a beauty supply store close to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been a pleasant surprise! First of all, I had no idea this was a leave-in conditioner when I bought it and, as I don't have much experience with leave-in conditioners, I was afraid it would make my fine, limp hair a greasy mess. I have to be honest and say that I don't enjoy the experience of using it. I get out of the shower with clean but super tangled hair, rinse it a little and apply this. It has a pretty light blue gel consistency and the scent is not terrible but it's not great either. I apply only a little blob, mostly to the ends of my hair and then I leave it alone for a while. Afterwards, I use the tangle teezer or a comb to untangle the hair and sometimes there is white residue from the conditioner that almost makes me want to rinse it, but I have to resist.
Even though I get no pleasure from this application, the truth is the next morning (I wash my hair at night) my hair is super shiny, feels lightweight and looks great and healthy. It doesn't feel super smooth and it doesn't smell amazing but it looks the part and for this I really rate this product.
In an ideal world, this would have less nasty chemicals and we'd have a perfect product. I mean DMDM Hydantoin *yikes*...

on 11/19/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have damaged, dry, highlighted hair and about 20% gray. When I first bought this last summer, I thought it was a fantastic product. I have fine thin hair and I need a conditioner that moisturises my processed hair whilst not weighing it down at the same time. This seemed to do just the job. But now I am not loving this stuff anymore. It just isn't moisturising enough. Maybe it's because my hair has become even drier and more processed as a result of regular hair colouring and highlighting. In the last few months I've noticed just how frizzy my hair has become, and even after increasing the amount I use of this stuff, my hair is still frizzy and dry and difficult to comb through. If I increase the amount I use even more, my hair goes flat and limp. Yuck. So I find it very hard to get the right amount for my hair type. I noticed that this is not moisturising enough for my daughter's naturally curly, unprocessed hair which is prone to frizz. It makes her hair even drier than ever. And it's so weird right, because in my efforts to detangle her hair with this stuff, I kept increasing the amount until her hair is just saturated with this... and still! It is a gigantic knotty mess. What a nightmare. I have stopped using this on her hair now and instead use a better rinse-out conditioner for her curly, dry locks. Much better now.

As for me, I have switched over to another conditioner now - a rinse-out conditioner from TiGi which is designed for colour-treated hair. And I notice the difference from the first time I use it. No more frizz. And that's when I realise just how drying this Paul Mitchell Conditioner has been for my kind of hair. It might be fine for someone with normal, unprocessed hair or someone who doesn't highlight or use any bleach on their hair regularly. But for me, this is no longer the right product for my hair type.

Oh and the container is quite annoying. Its in an upright plastic bottle which is not easy to squeeze out of (unless the container is at least half full with the stuff), and the dispenser is a flip-top cap with two tiny tiny holes which often get clogged up with dried up product. I find I have to declog the cap with a sharp thin thing like a pin or a needle, in order to dispense the product.

on 11/12/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I love this leave in. I have been using it regularly for 2 years. I like the smell, cucumber/basalm/fresh and the consistancy. I use a quarter sized amount in my towel dried hair, smoothing from the midshaft to the ends. My hair is tailbone length, thick, and color treated. I find this helps me detangle, and I use it as a lotion to touch up my hair on non-wash days. It freshens my hair and prevents dryness. (I use a pea sized amount in my dry hair, towards the ends only) You would need to use a handfull to get limp or greasy hair, its just a lightweight thin gel formula. Its blue and fresh and the best!

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products