September 20, 2014 | 1183 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this again after many years of using EL Double Wear Concealer in the hope of saving some money in this waning economy. Stupidly I didn't compare them properly before purchasing.
The CS started running out after about a month and a half which finally prompted me to look at the amount of product which is .04 oz/1.18 ml for about $11.00!! That and a lot of product seemed to get absorbed by the applicator tip. The clicking mechanism also either didn't dispense enough or too much which was very annoying. Compared to EL DW this is no bargain at all. EL is .24 oz/7ml and lasts me for more than a year and costs $26.00.
As for the product, the Revlon does not wear as well or cover quite as well although it's not a bad dupe. The only advantage to the Revlon is the spf 15 but I use a sunscreen in my eye area so this is irrelevant to me.
I have used many of these in the past but I will NOT repurchase again. You live and learn little things everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jorates

Ok, I am confused. Which concealer is this? Some talk about clicks, some about dabbing, and there are two different products in the photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Steelsheen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating= 5
Price= 4
Packaging Quality= 3
Would you buy this product again? yes (i just did)

i bought the under-eye concealer version of this (the one that looks like a clicky pen) and have been using this for over a month now. so far this has proven to be a very good under eye concealer and an even better blemish reducer/concealer, something i wasnt intending on when i bought it. initially i made a mistake in buying the wrong shade for my dark circles and was about to ditch it, but when i tried it on my pimples this thing worked wonders. within 24 hrs those pimples were gone. works even better than my clearasil! i lay it on the largest/ ugliest pimple i had and it didnt take more than 48 hours for it to disappear.

when i finally got the right shade ("light-medium") for my dark circles it blended perfectly with my skin tone and didnt stand out even with powder on it, something that the previous shade ("light" w/c had a tint of yellow) failed miserably at. and it truly lives up to its name-- the color will stay a really long time, a little over 24 hrs on my last count, and i think it only wore off because my moisturizer has given up and slid off at that point LOL.

one thing of note however: given this product's success with making my blemishes dry up and disappear in record time makes me quite concerned with its effects on the delicate skin under my eyes. what i do is as i lay on my moisturizer i make sure that the skin under my eyes are covered by it as well, as this will protect it from whatever drying effects this product has. so far this technique has worked excellently. no irritation or "lines" appearing out of the blue.

as for its packaging, i have a love/hate relationship with it. i love the fact that its pen-like, its very compact and that you only need one hand to dispense it, keeping my other hand clean and free to blend the concealer in. what i hate about it is the clicky part tends to dispense the product inconsistently, a few clicks results in either none coming out or too much. what i do is that i give it a few clicks then shake the pen downwards a few times then see if any product has emerged from its tip. its the most controlled way i can think of of getting the product out and avoiding wastage. and wasting this product is a big deal to me, since it can be considered pricey given the amount of product in the tube.

so yes i highly recommend this product as an under eye concealer and a blemish buster, but take note that you must find the perfect shade for your skin tone, and always use this product with a moisturizer/ primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jodi101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was really surprised at the good reviews for this.

it sucks.

totally cakes up and moves into lines and magnifies them.. no thanks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by modestgoddess

This product didn't impress me for 3 reasons

1. the color matching was a little off, and didn't completely cover the redness of my acne
2. if you are one of those people who gets acne surrounded by dry spots, then this is not for you
3. didn't blend that spectacularly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sirrahbed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best under-eye concealer I have used - and I have tried dozens. The applicator is a sponge pad that applies the product very smoothly and is so good for blending. The concealer is pushed up from the bottom by turning the stick until it clicks. It only takes a turn or two of the product - a couple tiny dots. Just a teeny tiny amount is enough! I really like this applicator much better than the type that dips into the cosmetic. After it dries, it stays on all day long. I find that it really needs to be removed with makeup remover or cold cream. Soap and water does not take it all off and the skin under my eyes feels very dry unless I remove it carefully. I actually like plain old cold cream as a remover.

Because the product is very dry - I have found that it works best for me if I first apply some moisturizer. I am in my 50's and have very dry skin. The moisturizer also keeps my under-eye from looking cakey or too wrinkly like they do with other concealers.

I have some pretty serious dark circles and find that this product not only covers very well, but really does have staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by youhavetoloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

worst concealer ever. I hate it so much i can't even... god. Everything is wrong with this concealer. First, the packaging is horrible. it has a twist end and a sponge tip applicator. well, alright. i twist. nothing comes off. Twist some more. Nothing. twist 200 times. nothing. then, out of the bloom, BABAM, 30 pounds of product comes out. it happens EVERY single time. Then, the formula is horrendous. it dries to a matte finish that's horrible for my dry skin, doens't cover anything... hate it. so much. one of the worst products i have. DO NOT recommend it to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by woodwinkedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I could write a lengthy review about every tiny detail regarding this concealer, but everything boils down to the following:

1. The product itself works, feels nice, and stays.

2. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired. The applicator isn't very soft, has hard edges (which around the eye can get annoying), and doesn't blend the product into the skin. You will absolutely HAVE to use your finger to blend in the product.

3. It is next to impossible to clean. Due to the nature of the packaging, I can only use this on myself; never on clients. It looks dirty at all times.

so yes, it works. but no, it's not practical.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There just aren't words to describe my love for this concealer. I want it by my side forever, but since Revlon is constantly messing with a good thing and reformulating/discontinuing products, I am going to hoard it. I could go on and on about how perfect this stuff is. I love the twist-pen applicator. I get less product on my fingers this way. The formula itself is creamy and thick, which is just what you need for dark undereye circles. Runny, liquidy concealers will not last under eyes. While this is thick, it spreads like a dream. I mean, I barely have to pat it in and it is already perfectly in place. And as far as coverage goes, wow. I have hereditary blue/black circles under my eyes, and I have never used a concealer that covered them this well. I bought the lightest shade, Fair (I'm very pale). Most concealers create a whitish cast on my undereyes, but this one blends PERFECTLY into the rest of my skin. And as far as the "colorstay" goes, they ain't lying. This stuff stayed on all day at work, which was over 8 hours. The skin closest to my tear duct had all the concealer rubbed off, because my right eye constantly waters, but the rest was on for good.
I use BE Well-Rested over my concealer, and it makes a fabulous combo for serious dark circles.
So to sum up, the formula is creamy and thick, it blends perfectly, it stays put, and it covers better than anything else I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DESCRIPTION OF ME: Caucasian PPP (Lancome Color ID I-10 C, Teinte Idole Ivoire 2 C) with normal skin to slightly oily skin.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: A concealer specifically designed for the eye area.

PACKAGE: Packaging is weird and sadly lets you know how little concealer youíre getting for the money. Aside from that, itís a wand-type applicator, which I usually stay away from. Even so, the lid stays on and there is little risk of accidental spillage with this product. Should travel well.

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE: Thin to medium gummy consistency.

APPLICATION: After screwing the bottom portion to get some concealer to come out of the applicator about a THOUSAND times for the first application, I dotted the concealer along undereye and eyelid areas and blended with my ring finger. It was a little frustrating, because even though I thought I had enough product to to the job, I found that upon blending it would disappear into my skin almost. I had to use a little more to get good coverage.

SMELL: No smell detected.

STAYING POWER: This is where the product lives up to its name: My under eye circles and bluish lids were completely covered (after I got the right amount of product on them) all day long. It didnít budge or crease too much, and I was able to remove it well with some simple eye makeup remover.

NATURAL/COLOR?: I bought this in Light, and so far, it seems to be the color that gets the blue out without clashing too much with my natural skin tone.

SUNSCREEN: Yes. SPF 10 or 15, I believe

IRRITATION/BREAKOUTS: Sadly, this concealer does tend to dry the skin out around my eyes, but I find that if I moisturize a lotómorning and nightóthat the dryness is reduced quite a bit. I only use this around my eyes, so no breakouts at all.

OVERALL: I like this concealer. This is my first tube, but Iím kind of worried that it may have recently been d/cíed. When I purchased this tube, they were doing the ďbuy one, get one freeĒ deal. I didnít get two, because at the time I wasnít sure Iíd wind up liking it. Now, I wish I would have gone ahead and went with the deal. Hopefully, there will still be some left when I need to get some more, or Iíll be searching again for a new concealer!

Thanks to Seclusae2 for the layout!
continued >>