L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel

4.2

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocoglucoside, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Chloride, Lippia Citriodora Flower Exctract, Parfum/Fragrance, Gardenia Florida Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Citral, Limonene, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 19140/Yellow 5 - CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 6/2/2010 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely, fresh scent that is unisex. I was lucky that a friend got me an L'Occitane gift box with this. While I no longer use gel soaps, I really like this one and it is not too harsh. I do believe that you get a better quality of product with this gel than standard and cheaper ones. Recommended just for the smell alone.

I never would have thought to purchase this except I took a shower at my sister's house and she had this in her shower. What a pleasant surprise! I *LOVE* this stuff, even though it is pricey ($20 for a small bottle) and the packaging is poor.

The packaging needs improvement. The thin all-plastic bottle has a tiny flip top cap which is okay when the bottle is full, but you cannot stand the bottle upside down. It immediately topples over. Even when you try to balance it against something when it is upside down, it still falls over. Since this product has no pump and is not a tube, you have to pick up the bottle and beat/shake it upside down to get the product to the top EACH time you want more body wash while in the shower. Since I do this at least 5 times in one shower, this is a huge waste of time and highly annoying. A $20 body wash should offer a better bottle!

I never thought I'd like a lemon shower gel or body wash (lemon scent reminds me of kitchen cleaner or cleaning products), but this smells amazingly good! It also feels really good to use, and feels like a high quality product (the gel itself, not the packaging). It is not like some of the cheaper drugstore body wash that is overly foamy and all suds / no substance. (Don't get me wrong, some drugstore body washes are quite good, such as Dove and Oil of Olay!) It does not dry out your skin or leave a greasy residue/film on your skin, provides gentle cleansing and is not at all irritating or harsh. Excellent product! Minus one lippie for bad packaging.

on 7/29/2009 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell, so fresh!! Wake up in my morning shower. Unisex.

on 6/8/2009 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite bath gel, hands down. It smells like *real* lemons and it feels great on my skin. I usually get mine from Bonanzle or eBay because I think $30+ for a large bottle is ridiculous.

on 6/8/2009 4:42:00 PM

I have used this product on and off for the last few years depending on my ability to "splurge" on myself at the given time. I love the scent, and if my budget is a little tight then I will opt for the bar instead, although at $16 CDN I don't really consider that a deal or anything. Both products last me a long time, the bar of soap lasting longer of course. My skin doesn't feel dried out and the scent stays on your skin for a few hours, but eventually fades. I have had no sensitivity to this product thus far and this is spanning a few years now.

Like most of the line, the price is up there. This product retails for $56CDN. I know you can buy from ebay and the like but I prefer to see what I'm buying first hand. When I can get it, I love it.

I love the invigorating scent of this gel! It's not artificial smelling, like some lemony-scented products that make me feel like I'm wearing Pledge-- this really seems juicy and authentic. The price is steeper than I like to normally pay (I'm a mark/BBW gal mostly), but you don't need to use LOTS of this product to feel clean, so my bottle has lasted several months, and it's still half-full.

on 6/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Nice scent to wake up to in the AM. Doesnt dry out your skin at all. Lathers well. Expensive, but I am worth it. :o)

on 4/21/2009 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is easily my favorite shower gel. The fresh, lemon herb scent is like summer in a bottle! The lather leaves your skin soft and kissed with just the right amount of fragrance. The only downside is the price. I just can't justify regularly paying 20USD for just over 8 oz. of shower gel. So I only use it on days when I really need a pick-me-up. It's like a special treat for my senses!

on 1/28/2009 6:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Delicate and fresh, a bit floral but so subtle. I love this but it is not cheap. The bottle is just lovely and everyone likes it who comes to visit.

on 1/13/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This softens and smells heavily of lemons, which I do love about it. I have a lemon tree in the front of my house and the body wash smells exactly like I cut a lemon in half and squirted the juice in the bottle. My skin doesn't feel dry either. If you like lemon scents, then this is up you alley. The bottle is also cute.