NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 6/8/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this blush in a swap, and I am so glad that I did it. This is my go-to blush for the summer because it is really flattering especially when there is bronzer on my face. It gives such a healthy glow to my face and I think I will stick to it for the rest of the summer.

This is the basic blush every AA woman should have. Although i hate shimmer on my face this shimmer in the blush gives off more of a glow than a sparkle. The color is a subtle red bronze that looks very natural. Swatch in profile

great everyday blush.
stays on well.
colour is true.
as with all NARS blush, very high yield, so go easy!

on 4/6/2012 10:20:00 AM

I'm in love!!!!! I was searching for a blush that would warm my face and provide the right amount of color to the cheek. As a WOC (NC 44 for reference) it can be a little difficult finding blushes that actually show up on the skin..and the ones that do show up are sometimes too bright!! I've always admired blushes that have that warm bronzy look, but provide the right amount of pink at the same time. Lovejoy is it! I love that it isn't super glittery yet it gives the right amount of glow to the skin!

on 3/27/2012 9:29:00 AM

I've had this for a while after purchasing it by mistake online. I decided to try something different today as we are now in Autumn and I wanted a different look. I'm NW20 in MAC (maybe NW25 at the moment) and B20 in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua dark brunette with brown eyes.

I wore this with Chanel Rouge Coco lippie in Bois des iles and the look was polished, professional and classic.

You do need a light hand with this if you have fair skin and I found I need to blend it out a little as at first it seems too dark, too brown, just too something! But once blended out it's beautiful. People commented on my skin all day.

I wear NARS blushes more towards the backs of the cheeks than on the apples as the shimmer tends to highlight large pores and this blush worked well the same way.

I took a lippie off because I find prolonged use of NARS blushes seems to cause congestion / small black heads on my cheeks wherever I have used them. It's unusual because I've never had that problem before using NARS blush. Also the price. Here in Australia, these babies are pricey!

But I love the look and I'm glad for my accidental purchase! I said I would repurchase again although at the rate I use products like blush it would be years before I needed to and by then i'm likely to have found something I like better.

on 3/15/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i love this blush. Its so warm and always makes my complexion look so healthy. Its definitely a winner. I try other blushes but I always go back to this one.

on 3/14/2012 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I think I am one of the few that dislike NARS Orgasm. I am not sure if it is too pink or coral for me. I love the richness of Lovejoy. Many people have used it as a bronzer as well. I can understand it, it does give me more a bronze tan look rather the pink rosy cheeks. I just love the hint of color it puts on my cheeks. Its so pretty and has a good amount of glitter and shimmer.

on 2/11/2012 9:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

It's my HG of blushes because I love the pigmentation so I don't have to use a lot of it to get a great result. And its kinda a blush/bronzer ,so it looks great against my skin tone and gives it a great natural flush. Definitely expensive but it's lasted me quite some time so it's worth it in my opinion.

on 1/29/2012 9:05:00 PM

I ordered this online from sephora,It looks like a bronze color. It is a little too dark for my skin tone, I have to use a very little amount to get a natural looking color on my cheeks. I could easily have a clownish look if i don't apply it with a light hand. It it a very pretty color for a darker skin tone, I might get more use out if this in the summer though after my skin is a little tan. For my skin tone I would not purchase this color again.

on 1/22/2012 9:51:00 AM

I went to Sephora to get Oasis, another NARS blush I had been thinking about getting for sometime. However, I decided to try Lovejoy on one cheek and Oasis on the other cheek. From there I decided on Lovejoy, I loved how Lovejoy looked on, me the color is a beautiful bronzy pink. After taking off Oasis I applied LoveJoy on both of my other cheek and walked around Sephora to look at other products; several people asked me what blush I was wearing, and commented on how nice LoveJoy looked on me. So of course I had to buy this blush. When I wore LoveJoy to work the next day I received so many compliments regarding how nice the blush looked on me. It gives this soft beautiful glow to the cheeks. If I ever run out I definitely would repurchase.

Popular Blush Products