September 20, 2014 | 1697 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Artliner- Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ihatespumoni

This liquid eyeliner has a felt tip pen and is so easy to use. The colour is a deep brown that looks less harsh than black. It lasts all day and doesn't flake. It's my HG liquid liner that I always come back to. It's a bit expensive, but actually lasts a long time - I think I've had mine for over a year and I use it almost every day!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2009 4:10:00 PM More reviews by bluelikeme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I enjoy this product because it is simple to use and does what it should. I am terrible at applying eyeliner and I had read elsewhere that this eyeliner was fantastic. It is quite expensive (about $30) but it was very easy to apply and I love the foam tip. It's not too soft or too rigid and I find that makes it easier to apply the liner. Other than the fairly high price, my only neutral feeling about this product is that the brown is quite dark on my fair skin. I did not buy either of the blacks available because I wanted an eye that did not stand out too much. I find this brown a bit too dark for my very fair skin. This might be attributable to my rare use of eyeliner though. Overall, I am very happy with this product and I would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very well packaged all-in-one liquid liner. The liquid sits in the "cap" and the long handled applicator with its fine flexible tip screws into the cap. Brown is a beautiful deep chocolate brown. It's a good substitute for black if you want a softer look without compromising impact and depth - great for daytime. I use it both to tightline and to line above the eye. My preference is to use it for tightlining as I prefer a pencil liner above my lashes. (I'm a liner klutz.) Shake before using. Draw a line on your hand first to remove excess liquid and then apply. Rather than dotting or doing a line in one sweep, I lay the tip as full length and flat as possible along my lashline and move along depositing colour in joined sections, if you get my drift. The only problem with the packaging is that my old eyes don't easily see the colour of the liner. As I have both the black and the brown, this is annoying.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At Nordstrom I said, "I want the easiest eyeliner" It cost $28 so I had to buy $14 lipgloss as well, to get my "free gift". How much money do I have to spend for a "free gift"? I was on a mission. Much to my surprise, the eyeliner goes on easily, stays on, even in the pool, and doesn't look too blatant with my red hair and freckles. It only came off with the Bi-Facil Remover that came in my new Lancome Bag that I used a couple of times.

Update: 3 months later, still love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sauvignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this eyeliner for a couple years now. It was recommended to me by one of the department store makeup artists as an eyeliner for beginners (and I was very much a beginner to eyeliners). It has good staying power, doesn't smudge, and most importantly, is very easy to control because of the foam tip (instead of a brush), even for a liquid eyeliner neophyte. Goes on perfect every single time.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by CyGraham

This is my favorite eyeliner of all time. Very easy to apply if you're like me and don't have a steady hand. Lasts all day and doesn't smudge or budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Macaron

Great eyeliner. It's easy to use, and I tend to have a slightly shaky hand, too. The tip is not a brush so it makes a smooth fluid line. No complaints about packaging, I just gave it a 4 instead of 5 because I suppose it could be in a prettier package.

The brown is a dark shade that is natural looking and versatile and goes well with my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a while now. I have been on gel e/l kick for the past year or so, maybe longer, that I neglected to do a review for this. Lately, I've been going back to my faithful artliner since I've been having early mornings and not in the mood to mess around with a little pot, brush, etc.

This is HG as far as liquid e/l goes. I have to say that I've perfected my e/l technique over the years and it isn't something I suffer with to begin with but this product makes it foolproof. Anyone can get a great thin line with this. If you're good at e/l application you will be able to use this almost without thinking. If you have a hard time with liquid eyeliner then this will greatly improve your look/technique.I usually wing mine out a bit since that's my favorite look.

I like the black, smoke, and iced carob shades as well but find myself wearing brown the most. It's a basic staple yet pretty shade that you can wear daily without having to worry about looking too dramatic at the office.

Staying power is hands down the best of any liquid and/or gel liner I have ever used. Most eventually smudge at some point during the day or night for me. This survives everything, even rubbing my eyes throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this and loved the way it looked and felt it was softer than liquid while still be super easy to apply. Would buy again one day but have been using glominerals eggplant liner which I also love-maybe more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

Yes, I am loving this eyeliner. It's like a tapered marker tip but it's very functional for adjusting the width of the line you need. It makes a neat little cat-eye flick at the end. Staying power is very nice, and long-lasting. I am no complaints about this product. I used to use cake eyeliner, then creme liner, then these new gel liners (Clinique and Bobbi Brown) but I'm sticking with Artliners from now on.