October 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Spark Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LuthienTinuviel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot think that anyone can go wrong with this beautiful gem of a lipgloss. A very generous MUAer gave me a mini of this as a swap extra a few years ago and I was a little put off by its deep red appearance in the tube (I'm am very pale and very cool-toned) and (unbelievably!) it sat in my drawer for a couple of years. Brought it out in the midst of a purge and put it on and instantly fell in love. Now on my second full-sized tube and will always, always go back for more. Goes on as a lovely sheer red with a scintillating fine glinty gold shimmer that is absolutely perfect...not at all over-the-top; just a luminous, virtually universally flattering soft sexy red. And the texture is is singularly ideal which so many other brands fall short of achieving - never too sticky nor too slick. Well worth the exhorbitant price and I invariably feel a little sexier after slicking this baby on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Being a poor college freshman, this was a major splurge for me. I hate how I love to spoil myself with high-end beauty and skincare products. My part time job doesn't earn me that much money! "Spark" is such a gorgeous golden flecked red in the tube. It goes on sheer enough to give me a little color and really brightens my whole face. It is NOT sticky whatsoever. It has a gel-like texture that is very comfortable on the lips. While I love my MAC lip glass, I hate how sticky they are. This was my first Chanel product and I can't wait to try more in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

In the tube this looks like a scarily dramatic, near metallic ruby with gold shimmer. On the lips however, it's the perfect jelly ruby red with just a hint of shimmer, which is honestly hardly noticeable on the lips. The formula is non sticky and the wear time is about average. I have a bunch of glossimers and this is probably one of the least shimmery ones. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Spark is a gorgeus deep berry shade with some gold sparkles. Its a beautiful color that looks amazing on my fair cool skin. This is a beautiful fall/winter shade. Extremely glossy and looks very sophisticated, in my opinion this shade is more of a "nite" time shade, late night candle lit dinner type of a shade, but it can also be worn during the day. Top notch quality like with all Chanel's glosses and worth every buck, I always reach for Spark when I want to feel polished up, Spark just completes a timeless, sophisticated look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i'd like to reiterate the sentiments of the previous reviewer: "This is as red as I get for lips".
while i have some crazy neon and intense lipsticks, i never reach for them. always go nude, often the more pale the better (i'm fair).
i never, ever would have bought this in the store. i do not like gold shimmer in lip products, and the shade has a brownish tinge. not "bad" just so not me. i ordered it on ebay after only seeing the stock product "swatch" and reading good reviews. i thought, why not? when it came i was a bit horrified, but now i really like this product.
on lips it is a very glossy, jelly-like pink-red. very juicy with glass like shine. very comfortable, non sticky.
other glossimers i have owned previously (from older collections) have been more pigmented with a thicker, more paint-like texture. i really enjoy the texture and finish of this formulation, and wear time is good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by zachchrismom76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is as red as I get for lips. I love it for times when I need something a little more dramatic (for me, lol) like date night with DH. This one has great pigmentation, and stays on fairly well for a gloss. I usually just put this over some kind of nudish lipstick, and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:15:00 PM More reviews by kellyroo3

This is such a great shade of rosy red/berry! Love that it has a nice amount of pigment and isn't too sheer. Perfect for the office and everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by adored88

Here is my favorite gloss! The color is again close enough to my natural lipcolor that it doesn't look overmade, however the gold flecks adds just enough pizazz that I can wear this into night! I love colors that look what I dub "natural glamourious". It pretties you up without it looking like you tried too hard or to the point that people would say you are wearing too much make-up. This color lights up the face nicely. The formula is great, smooth and non-sticky and you can not feel the glitter or flecks that are in this (I hate glitter glosses that feel gritty). Chanel really does so well with their colors and make-up to give a luxurious look and feel that I have found in no other!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by mvollmar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. It is a shiny berry color. The applicator is nice and allows smooth application of the gloss. It has a slight shimmer that is nice but not overwhelming. This would look good on anyone with cool-toned skin, someone who wants a softer alternative to true red. Very pricey but good quality and great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by palmera

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Spark! I'm a berry addict, so this was my first Glossimer purchase, way back when. I have other colors, but this one is always in my purse.