September 2, 2014 | 1704 users online

Moisturizers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - 5000 I.U. Vitamin E Revitalizing Moisturizing Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by handhued

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The cream is inexpensive, isn't toxic and does a nice job. There can be an oily feeling if you put on too much but does seem to absorb into the skin. A have acne prone skin and this has been helping with the breakouts and in general my skin has improved with this cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For around $12 or less, you get a huge 4 oz tub of a plain, off-white cream with a faint odor. The texture is thick but light--it sits almost like a gel in the tub. I find I only have to take a small bit to cover my face. The texture on the face is slightly tacky at first, but in about a half hour, the cream is absorbed.

I got tired of paying megabucks for good, but small jars of pricey creams like Clarins and DHC, and the ingredients in the drugstore and dept. store --well, it's like navigating a minefield. Parabens? Other bad ingredients? Where are they on the list? This cream is "70% organic" which is kind of silly as putting in any non organic makes it not organic by definition, but the oils are avocado, wheat germ, almond and there is aloe vera and of course the vitamin e.

Jason is owned by Hain Celestial and they seem dedicated to good products that are good for you, and I am so happy with this cream that I will repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MissAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is for the 25,000 IU cream. This is a REALLY great moisturiser - i want to say for the size and price, but really on all fronts it's very good. I came across it looking for something to return my dry face to normal when I had a cold last week. I'm surprised to hear some reviewers have had blocked pores and acne after usage since I'm prone to creams being overly heavy and doing that to me, but not this. The consistency is thick , almost like a cold cream. Takes a while to absorb well. It did the job with my parched, sickly skin, and felt very soothing and resorative.

Also my hands have been ultra dry too and i've been slathering on various lotions and potions to try and soften them. Nothing has had much effect except for this!

I just have to update that this just gets even better to use. Who would've thought? I LOVE IT.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update: i think this made me break out :/ i got 3 big pimples on my face so now i've been using it on my eye area and around my mouth. i hope its not this and my face is just purging itself of something (as I've been using some new products) and i'll be able to use it again. now i'm just using jojoba oil as a moisterizer (2 drops with my toner) and i've found this quite moisturizing in itself.

i like this. i'm not wowed from it, just bc its a good simple cream. it does have a sticky texture that doesn't absorb immediately but its really moisturizing and i love that. i have acne prone skin that gets very dry everywhere but on and around my nose (weird bc i get acne on my cheeks and forehead). This has not made me break out, leaves me face nice and supple in the morning. i wouldn't use it for day bc 1 its too thick and 2 no spf. just buy it! oh yah and the smell is just bc they don't put fragrance. good for you skin so don't whine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by HoldMyEarrings

Great stuff! Thought it might break me out, nope, seems to be helping with acne. I use it alternating with other face creams. Leaves me luminous the next day. It's a bit thick, but soothing, and I like a rich cream anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

I bought this after my immense success with the intensive hydrating butter cream (in a similar packaging).

I decided to try this one since I know Vitamin E has a good reputation for hydrating and brightening skin tone.

I was very disappointed with this one though. It's incredibly sticky and seems to refuse to absorb into my skin. I've taken to only using it at night because I can't even hope to get makeup or sunscreen on top of this moisturizer.

I think I'll buy the one I liked before and mix small amounts of this one in just to use it up.

UPDATE:

So, the stickiness and slow absorption still applies, but for now I had to change my rating from a 3 to a 4 because a few days ago I realized that my skin looks better than it has in months... the difference? This cream.

My skin really looks very hydrated and glowing. I'll test a little more, but my rating even might be going to a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Eivuwan

This a very nice cream. It moisturizes very well and repairs the skin overnight. When you first put it on, it does feel quite heavy, but then it's a night repair cream so that's ok. It doesn't look shiny at all. However, the cream has too much oil in it for my combination skin and I think it might be contributing to my blackheads. My face looks extremely greasy in the morning. I think this is very good for people with dry skin, but is probably too oily for combination to oily skin. After I'm done with this, I'll try some some kind of oil free antioxidant gel or cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Don't mind the packaging at all. I kind of like jars.
It's a good simple moisturizer. I use it on my face, neck and hands. It's very cheap and I like that it has minimal ingredients. I feel safe using it and my face has not reacted by breaking out at all and i have using it for over half a year now. I am very prone to acne, too!
It only gets 4 lippies bc I have used moisturizers like SK-II that give my skin a better texture and moisturizes better on dry flaky winter skin but over all, it's great! No prob with the smell either. Didn't notice it till I read the reviews here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a lovely surprise for me. I ordered it online after reading these rewievs, and it did not dissapoint me at all. What a lovely moisturizer! The consistence is very fluffy and light, and still it take care of even my desert dry legs without feeling greasy. Yeah, the jar is HUGE so I am going to use it everywhere =) I was a bit afraid to use it on my face at first, as I have earlier had a bad reaction to the Vitamin E oil from Jason. So I applied just a tiny bit at first, but it felt just great and I am so going to repurchase this one. I get my Jason products from Iherb.com, and if you use the permanent code RUF933 at checkout you will get $5 off on the order.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Simplesimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought my second tub of Jason 5000 I.U. Vitamin E All Purpose Moisturizing Creme, and I was really afraid I would run out. This tub lasted for over a year and is the best cream I have ever used on my face. My skin is normally about like the Mojave desert, so I need a lot of moisturizing. Most everything else I've tried breaks me out, but this just makes my skin normal, and normal is very very good.

For night time I mix this with my own blend of vite e oil and my own hyaluronic acid syrum, and for day I just use it straight. Like I said I do have nasty dry skin, but this just makes it so very nice. For me this cream is HG status, can't be without it. And the price is amazing.