September 19, 2014 | 1297 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Deep/Dark

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by nicesmile

love it. i use this color and if i apply too much with the puff provided with the powder, it will leave an ashy look on my face. however, i use a powder brush and lightly dust the oily areas of my face only and i get no color or cast, just a nice matte finish. i don't wear any foundation or powder under this, just my bare skin for reference. you may be able to apply with a heavier hand if using as a finishing powder. UPDATE: i think this is breaking me out. i have acne on my forehead now and i haven't had forehead acne since i was 12. i believe this happened the last time i used this a few years ago but wanted to give it another try b/c it works so well. if this doesn't break you out, lucky you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ccunn13ca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I apply this all over the eye area as a primer before putting on my eye shadows. It helps to reduce creasing/fading throughout the day. I don't use it on my face; I just can't be bothered!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2006 12:17:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've gone through about three of these on my oily skin. It's perfect: lightweight, doesn't shift my color at all. It's my mainstay in getting through the sweaty Miami summers. I actually prefer the pressed to the loose.
Edit: Discovered I am mica-sensitive and replaced this with Meow Cosmetic's Silk Powder. Fewer blackheads.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad at all! ~:>)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using MAC's Select Tint without powder for an easy, natural look. However, it can look a bit shiny at first, so I borrowed my mom's MAC Blot this morning and swiped some on. I just looked in the mirror, and was quite surprised by how flawless my skin looked! The powder really sets the foundation, without looking dry on me (I have dry skin, too) either. It does have a slightly more made-up look, but I'd rather that than the shinies! Definitely recommend, I'm going to have to buy some!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Clairey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my powder of choice for years. I use it over makeup or alone, and it always gives me a perfect, matte finish. I don't think it really matters what shade you use. An excellent product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by MightyPen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my HG products! I am NW45 and it's perfect for me. One thing I have noticed though is that when you do get a little shiny, it's better to blot with a tissue or blot paper first, then touch up with the product. I've found that once the puff gets a little oil on it, the oil resurfaces more quickly and the product is less effective. Otherwise, this stuff is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Naturalfatima1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING!!
This has saved my face. I lavish it on as much as I want and it does not build up. It is very sheer so the colour doesn't affect skin tone at all, or only slightly.
Helps with the little oilies, and replaced my Nars podwers for cheaper.
Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Rashunda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I used this just on bare skin and it didn't last that long...perhaps an hour. When I used it in combination with the Studio Fix, it worked well. I don't know if I'd use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2003 6:44:00 PM More reviews by merimarzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMggg...this product is great!!! I have really oily skin and it looks like i jus ran a marathon after like 10 mins of putting my foundation on. so nwayz..this powder adds no color and it doesnt look like i have layers and layers of powder stuck to my face..u know..like i have a mask on my face..its great!!! and it takes the shine away! u have to apply a couple of times throughout the day..but since it only takes shine away and nothing else..why not. great product.