MAC Blot Powder - Deep/Dark

3.9

on 6/15/2007 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

im not fond of mac these days as i think ive concluded its been breakin me out all this time so ive moved on to fashion fair !however, while i used mac i used this blot powder alongside my SF. i had though it was good at the time but now i think about it, it took away shine but had my face lookin kinda ashy afterwards. i always felt like i needed to apply a generous amount to get the desired effect but it doesnt last long: shine still breaks through!! Even tho they claim this wont change the colour of foundation, i really dont think this is a good colour choice for black skin even tho its the darkest they have. but then again teamed with SF NW50 which is the wrong shade for me to begin with but because its the darkest in the mac range, i convinced myself it worked, its no wonder it wasnt a good result.

on 5/30/2007 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

love it. i use this color and if i apply too much with the puff provided with the powder, it will leave an ashy look on my face. however, i use a powder brush and lightly dust the oily areas of my face only and i get no color or cast, just a nice matte finish. i don't wear any foundation or powder under this, just my bare skin for reference. you may be able to apply with a heavier hand if using as a finishing powder. UPDATE: i think this is breaking me out. i have acne on my forehead now and i haven't had forehead acne since i was 12. i believe this happened the last time i used this a few years ago but wanted to give it another try b/c it works so well. if this doesn't break you out, lucky you!

on 10/29/2006 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I apply this all over the eye area as a primer before putting on my eye shadows. It helps to reduce creasing/fading throughout the day. I don't use it on my face; I just can't be bothered!

on 9/19/2006 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've gone through about three of these on my oily skin. It's perfect: lightweight, doesn't shift my color at all. It's my mainstay in getting through the sweaty Miami summers. I actually prefer the pressed to the loose.
Edit: Discovered I am mica-sensitive and replaced this with Meow Cosmetic's Silk Powder. Fewer blackheads.

on 5/1/2006 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not bad at all! ~:>)

on 12/20/2005 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I've been using MAC's Select Tint without powder for an easy, natural look. However, it can look a bit shiny at first, so I borrowed my mom's MAC Blot this morning and swiped some on. I just looked in the mirror, and was quite surprised by how flawless my skin looked! The powder really sets the foundation, without looking dry on me (I have dry skin, too) either. It does have a slightly more made-up look, but I'd rather that than the shinies! Definitely recommend, I'm going to have to buy some!

on 3/29/2005 9:05:00 PM

This has been my powder of choice for years. I use it over makeup or alone, and it always gives me a perfect, matte finish. I don't think it really matters what shade you use. An excellent product!

on 11/27/2004 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my HG products! I am NW45 and it's perfect for me. One thing I have noticed though is that when you do get a little shiny, it's better to blot with a tissue or blot paper first, then touch up with the product. I've found that once the puff gets a little oil on it, the oil resurfaces more quickly and the product is less effective. Otherwise, this stuff is great.

AMAZING!!
This has saved my face. I lavish it on as much as I want and it does not build up. It is very sheer so the colour doesn't affect skin tone at all, or only slightly.
Helps with the little oilies, and replaced my Nars podwers for cheaper.
Great product!

on 1/15/2004 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

At first I used this just on bare skin and it didn't last that long...perhaps an hour. When I used it in combination with the Studio Fix, it worked well. I don't know if I'd use it everyday.