April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by qnvicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just bought this liner today and I already think it might be my next HG liner! I've been looking for a waterproof 'use warm water to flake off' type liner. I used to buy these types if liners from Japan and Korea but have had trouble finding it here until I found this one!! The packaging isn't the greatest, but I love the fine brush tip, pigmented black, smooth, and long lasting. The last liner I used was MUFE aqua liquid liner which had excellent reviews, but maybelline is MUCH better and a quarter of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years. I can't understand the bad reviews. I have it in black and brown. I have oily skin, very oily lids and a flaky eyeliner doesn't work for me. This doesn't flake or budge. If I don't remove it, it's often still on in the morning after being on all day.
The brush is great - thin line that's buildable. Good color pigmentation. I use this Ultra Liner and Milani Infinite waterproof, but prefer this, due to the brush of this being easier to use, and the Milani flakes off after about 8 hrs.
Maybelline Ultra Liner: Great product, cheap price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

This is not the holy grail of waterproof liquid liner, but it's pretty damn good for it's price. I didn't purchase this product for actually swimming or being in the rain or anything that requires pouring water on your face.
I bought this for combating the cruel heat and humidity of summer in Asia. The price is reasonable (less than $10 at drugstore) and it stays put all day. No fuss.
I read some of the reviews and maybe I got the good batch of this product because my liner was super black and has excellent staying power. It did not flake at all (even when I was sweating and burning all day).
I use cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup and it came right off.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 is because I don't like the brush tip. But then again I don't use liquid liner much, I only purchase it because I was visiting Asia.
This liquid liner has the typical skinny tip that is hard to control (some people say it gives them more control). I find it hard to do wings because it's so skinny. I would probably buy a whole bunch and stock it up if they come up with a thicker brush tip.
It's very easy to use and you don't have to worry about smudges/smears like liner pencils would.

I really think this is a great product to use against humidity. If you happen to purchase the bad batch like some reviewers did, many drugstores will accept a return or exchange as long as you have the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to use. Bold color that doesn't fade. Waterproof. Lasts all day long. What more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Leilani702

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a teen. Although I've tried many other liners, I always come back to Maybelline. It's a classic that won't let you down. Long wearing, no smudge, no budge and you can use the brush to apply a thick wing line or a thin demure line. I hope they keep making this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Esmiee

Out of all the eyeliners I have bought before, I have never experience one that flakes so fast. It's flakes right off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by raanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I must say the negative reviews are rather astounding. My opinion of this product is gastronomically different. This is my go-to-everyday-easy-long lasting liner! This eyeliner is versatile, you can tight-line (long lasting results unlike most) or you can paint up your lids as dramatically as you'd like! Some people here say that this is not waterproof, but here's a little trick about waterproof makeup most people do not know or follow do NOT touch it!! That's it! :) I was just out all day suntanning and swimming at the river and this product lasted the whole time.
A little tip for application, start at the inner corner of your eye, and make small strokes towards the outer part. Make your line at the outer edge of your eye thicker than the inner (otherwise your eye will look smaller) And if you want to add a fun little flare, add some wings to 'dem eyes! Oh, and let it dry before you curl your lashes or curl them before applying!
Anyways, this is an eyeliner I have been using for years now. I would recommend that you give it a shot! It's inexpensive, and you won't regret it (despite it's reputation on MakeupAlley.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by eunoia93

In my search for the ultimate waterproof liquid eyeliner for summer I bought this while in a rush. It just stood out to me because it's the only liquid liner I saw that actually SAID waterproof even though I had a feeling it wouldn't be good..

I was correct!

This is definitely NOT WATERPROOF. I first swatched it on my hand and ran a bit of water on it and it didn't run but then I just swiped it lightly and it came off as easy as dry erase marker! I tried wearing it for a light a shower and of course it flaked off.. wore it for a day (w/o water) and it flaked off in 2 hours tops.. It FLAKES right off. Unfortunate, because it has good pigmentation and consistency and I like the small brush it comes with but no point because it doesn't stay on at all.

It's cheap also 5-6$ range but DO NOT BUY because it doesn't stay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WHAT IN THE WORLD?? I'm at a loss for words after seeing how low this eye liner is rated. I've been using this everyday for the last 3 or so years and couldn't be more satisfied. I can't count how many bottles I've been through. Maybelline Ultra Liner is by far my favorite liquid liner! I love the vivid black formula and the felt-tip applicator, which gives me incredible control over the thickness and shape of the line I want to draw. I usually do a winged line and this is perfect for that.

I've seen many complaints about how the product is not pigmented. This couldn't be further from the truth! This stuff is very black and very vivid. I'm NW 50 and it really makes my lash line stand out. Also, it dries right away and has amazing staying power. I've never had any issues with flaking. I also noticed a lot of complaints about the shortness of the brush. Well, that's what gives you control over the precision of your line.

This liquid liner is only $6 and is a very high quality product. Yes, the packaging could be a little better but I guess that's the trade-off for the cheapness. There are not many drugstore eye liners that can compare to it. This is by no means a bad product as many reviews suggest (to my surprise). I've been a fan of this product for years and will continue to repurchase. In fact, it is the only liquid liner I use. I just hope it's never discontinued. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this liquid liner. It's fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible liquid liner! Don't waste your money. Not only is the brush too short, but the product is not pigmented... It goes on grey. Also, it scratches right of and peels like a strip of glue. Gross.