July 28, 2014 | 1013 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by wardesanjuan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I didn't like this product.
Stain the skin and wears very quickly.
I don't recommend.
Unfortunately the Amazon don't allow us to put the opinion after 90 days of request. The delivery took 30 days ... and when actually used, I see the bad quality. Now, I can not offer an opinion in the site that I bought, because 90 days have passed..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by denns

As a relatively pale lady (NW17-20 in the winter, NW25 in the summer), this self-tanner is a godsend when I want a natural tan look all over my body. I hate to use the word "bronzed" because that's not what this tanner does upon just one application (maybe after two or three in a row, sure). I like natural tan looks, and can't stand the glitter bomb tanners that they sell at the drugstore. The reason I'll sometimes choose this product over other favorites like Fake Bake and St. Tropez is that you can apply this product, see almost instant results and actually go out afterwards without worrying about how dark the color guard will develop to be. Compare that with St. Tropez, a product that I know I have to apply and either sleep in or hang out in my house with for 4-5 hours before washing it off - or I run the risk of people thinking I'm in blackface.

I love that this self-tanner is easy to slap on (relatively streak free as long as you apply with your eyes open) and very natural looking, even when it develops and you're wearing the color guard. Even my boyfriend, who hates self-tanners and likes me at my palest, said I looked like I had just "gotten back from vacation and had some healthy color" - and this was WITH the color guard on, before I had washed off. I promise you will NOT overly develop! Yes, it's darker than what you will get once you rinse your body, but its very close to the final result - healthy, natural looking color. Since I am a little paler, I only need to use one application before I see results, and I will usually reapply after about 5-6 days. The fading is very natural, and of course, you can minimize awkward fade lines by making sure to exfoliate and moisturize the skin before application.

I usually apply this product with my hands, however my favorite thing to use with it is the St. Tropez Self Tanning Glove, which I recommend for just about any self-tan application. Happy tanning!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alfieandelle

After seeing professional spray tanners for years and once a week at that, with a busy schedule to consider and a few bad experiences not to mention the expense, I sought to try a little DIY beginning first with St. Tropez before moving onto the Bare Escentuals Tan.

Negatives: Almost none. I've always had a deep spray tan and I've found with the Bare Escentuals it takes a few if not several applications over the week to achieve the desired result.

The outcome? A natural, nicely coloured tan. I exfoliate, moisturise dry areas and apply with disposable gloves in a circular motion until the tan has soaked in. There's minimal smell after I've showered and removed the excess tan and I've found it fades nicely too very happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I buy this every year when the jumbo size is available. This is the only self tanner that works for at least a year. Drug store brands only last for 6 months tops. The pump is very convenient & the blending brush works great to come out evenly colored.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite self tanner. I have tried a lot of other brands, some more expensive, some less expensive. The things I like the most are the color it is when you apply so you can see where it goes, the natural tan on my fair skin it gives, and the brush applicator from bare escentuals. I think you have to get past the smell of all self tanners. Initially this one is great, and the smell afterward, I don't notice so much on me. I got a big pump and the brush as a kit off QVC. It was a great deal. It lasts a long time. The only problem I have with most self tanners is for my legs. You eventually have to shave your legs and you remove all your self tanner whether you want to or not. I wish there was some way around that. I will buy again, but trying another brand someone raves about is certainly an option as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by flayfurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The initial results were fantastic. It gave a beautiful, natural color. I have tried A LOT of self tanners. I apply them at night and take a shower in the morning. Most products last after several showers. This one; however, washed off after the first shower. Not completely, but enough to where I feel like I need to re-apply. If I wanted to do that, I'd spend a lot less money and buy a gradual tanner. Oh, and the initial smell was great but that goes away and you're left with the horrible self tanner smell...even after several showers. This is definitely not worth the money.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by EricaReid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really didn't get a good result with this product.

First of all, it was extremely messy going on. It's super dark and gets on everything! You can forget about leaving the house once you've put this on.

Next, the color was uneven and splotchy. I have medium skin so it's pretty rare when a self tanner comes out like this. But the color just wasn't good.

The only positive with this product is the smell. The cherry fragrance is great.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this product. It's just too messy and doesn't give very good results.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since they didn't have the All Over Face Color at my local Sephora I gave this a shot instead. I like to use a self tanner in place of a foundation in summer since I'm outside a lot in the humidity. This gives great color quickly but I do have to mix it with my face oil or spf moisturizer or the instant bronze color is a bit much and a tad on the orange side and I'm not all that fair. I use this sparingly on my face and get good results without any issues with odor. It's there but maybe because I'm using so little and it's so faint I just don't notice it after 10 minutes or so. I also mix this with lotion if I apply this to my body and get good color but the odor is a whole different story there. I really can't stand it for whole body application. Even if I put it on at night and shower in the morning I can still smell it after using Bronners Peppermint wash. I may purchase this again for face application but I just can't use this on my body. The smell makes me nauseous even diluted and after a shower. Maybe it's just my body chemistry but it's awful like a rancid almond biscuit. Too bad because it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by angel290385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have freckly pale skin and this tan is the best tan I have used on my skin and I've tried a fair few - St. Tropez, Fake Bake, Jergens, Lancome, Famous Dave's and more and none of them compare to this. I've repurchased about 4 times now. The bottle doesn't last long. If you tan your whole body once a week it lasts about a month. The colour is very natural and I have never had any streaking, or overcolouring on dry areas which is rather amazing. It has an almond smell which I don't mind. You add another layer after a day for a deeper tan and it seems to work quite well. It probably lasts about 3 days on me before I need to exfoliate most of it off. I'll definitely keep purchasing this tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by helster83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this self tanner!! I have cool- fair skin with freckles (when I tan I'm a very pale beige) and this tanner blends in quite naturally with my freckles and looks like a realistic tan for me. I apply this with a mit and couldn't be happier with it. For a small bottle of it, there is a lot of product to spread around.