December 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my wavy/curly hair hard and crunchy. And in places where it didn't quite cover, the frizz popped right through. I tried so hard to like this and make it work but no thanks. I'll pass on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Made my hair hard as a brick, dry and crunchy. Off to toss this mess in the trash. It also has parabens in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ballet7xx

this product is unhelpful. i find that instead of enhancing my "curls," it makes them flat. i don't have super curly hair, it's more of the wavy hair that can easily be transformed into curls with the right products, but i think this product, in a way, goes against my curls. maybe i am using it wrong, who knows. as far as "frizzziness" goes, i don't see an improvement, either. i will continue to experiment this product but so far i am disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is nothing more than an expensive hair gel. It doesn't even do half as well as a hair gel. The rake-and-shake technique is hopeless. The product sticks to my hand more than it does to my hair when I try to apply it. Gives you a half-assed semi-hold that holds down all the long strands and heavy locks, but the tiny baby hairs still stick up and out after a few hours. If you scrunch up your curls with this product, and run your fingers through it after it dries, you'll notice your fingers get stuck somewhere halfway down. Much like a hair gel, really. Nothing different here.

If you STILL want to try this product, for heaven's sake get the travel-sized pack. It comes with a travel sized shampoo, conditioner and botanical boost (which I use as a detangler). The rest of the products mentioned aren't too bad for use when travelling for short periods of time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora, I'd heard so much about it that my expectations were mixed. I have very long, naturally wavy hair that tends to go flat on top when I let it dry into its natural texture. I used this before blow drying and unlike most gels, it left virtually no residue and seemed to make a difference in the overall smoothness. When I used it in combination with a serum and let my hair dry naturally, it didn't leave it stiff or crunchy. I am going to get another bottle when my sample runs out since I need something I can use in the summer, I rarely use heat styling when it's that hot out. The gel is pretty thin so I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging, its pretty hard to get out of the bottle for me. Since this doesn't seem to provide much hold or structure it's unlike most gels, it probably isn't enough on its own for very thick or coarse hair. Still, it's worth trying if you're looking for a way to make friends with your naturally curly or wavy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by rocksplash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a sephora combination pack, with the leave in conditioner and the botanical boost for $35. I love all three products, especially the gel. It works so well in combination with the leave in. I apply it to my hair right when I get out of the shower, and even when I only air dry, it forms perfect curls with just a little bit of scrunching and doesn't leave my hair sticky or dry frizzy. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Shnikki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My friend's mom, who is my hairstylist, recommended I use this for my curly hair. I could NEVER find any product that didn't make my hair frizz out or get crunchy. This life-saving product eliminates my frizziness and makes my hair soft, NOT crunchy. Sure it's expensive, but it's worth having a long-lasting, great product than a gross cheap product you can go through in 2 weeks! I'm just now out of this product and I've had it since June... JUNE! This product is a must-have, along with the other Ouidad products.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried to like this product, I really have, but I simply can't. I used it a couple years ago and it worked pretty well, so I do not know if they changed the formula or what happened. It makes my thick, course hair extremely crunchy. I have found, at least from my experience, that most of the ouidad products only work well when combined with one another.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the reviews I've read here, I guess this is one of those products you either really love or hate. I am very fond of this gel. I had been using Mizani's True Textures Defining Curl Cream Gel for ages now and thought that it was my HG gel. Once I tried this one my mind was changed. You have to learn which amount of product works best for your situation. I'll admit that it can leave that crunch factor if you use too much/don't distribute it well, but I find that even in those cases, once your hair has dried and can be disturbed, scrunching the hair takes away most of that feeling. Even so, I think the definition and shine that my curls have after using this is well worth it. I also find that my curls don't draw up as much using this product and, living in a humid climate, there has been no frizz. This product has lived up to its promises for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Worked really great the first couple of hours--the waves/curls in my hair were beautifully defined, and I was frizz-free. By the end of the day though my blasian hair went nappy and frizzy again, and the next day had fallen back to flat frizzy waves. Plus there were small flakes on my hair--always a big NO.