Trish McEvoy #29

4.8

on 6/7/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Amazing brush! I have had my brush for almost 10 years! Trish's brushes are the best quality brushes I have ever used. Treat them properly, and they will last a lifetime. Def worth the $$!

on 4/20/2011 2:06:00 PM

I have owned this brush since 2005 when I went on Trish brush spree. I love it so much. The only other brush I will use for my crease is the stila brush. But back to this one. It is so soft, durable, deposits color well, and is just a dream come true. I will never be without it and should I happen to lose this one I will replace it ASAP.

on 1/2/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this brush. The tip is narrow and firm enough that it's great at depositing color along the crease. I find some of the other crease brushes to be too soft and fluffy. That's great for blending but not always the best for depositing color IMO. This brush is great at depositing color and very good at blending it out (though I prefer the fluffier brushes for blending). I find myself reaching for this brush over my MAC 217 on a regular and daily basis.

on 3/28/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

After feeling kind of dissafisfied with the MAC #217 and the NARS #12 Small Dome brush for adding colour to the crease and blending, I got this little marvel. I accidentaly bought it as a travel size (M#29), yet the rather short handle doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. This is also my first brush by Trish McEvoy, and I love it!

The brush head is slightly smaller than the #217, yet larger than the aforementioned NARS.  It is nicely tapered and has a rather defined point, which allows precise application for any eye shadow, whereas the whole brush head is soft, yet dense and sturdy enough to blend without having to go over the same spot a hundred times. The only thing I don't exactly love about it is the way it looks with the transparent handle. In my opinion it makes a slightly 'cheapish' impression.

I've banished the #217 for concealer and the application of loose powder, whilst I still don't quite know what to do with the small, floppy NARS #12 Small Dome. The Trish McEvoy is such a staple now that I'll definitely buy a full size of this brush in the future. It's a must have for people who don't like the scratchiness or size of the #217. HG!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The PERFECT crease brush. It's the perfect size (small), shape (comes to a point), and is incredibly soft which is a big concern for me because I don't like tugging on my eye area when I apply my eyeshadow. This brush just glides smoothly over my crease area never tugging or pulling one bit.

on 2/27/2009 10:41:00 AM

I purchased this brush over ten years ago and never used it much but always took excellent care of it. It was very soft until recently. I started to use it more. All of a sudden it became scratchy and no longer soft.

It still works ok but I expected it to last a lifetime since it was so expensive. I purchased a Mac 217 and that is working much, much better for me.

on 2/16/2009 10:57:00 PM

I am another fan of this brush who was taught the windshield wiper method by a MA years and years ago. I still have the original brush and love using it with the Trish eye definer in the crease of my eye. This is my staple brush (along with Shu Uemura #20 which is my HG of blush brushes

This was the first brush I bought from Trish McEvoy. We're going back over twelve years here. I still have the original brush, and I love it. I remember my first makeup lesson at the Trish counter. Trish associates call this the "windshield wiper" brush. If used in a gentle back-and-forth-windshield-wiper-motion, it will provide the most lovely, sublte crease color ever. You must have this brush in your collection. It is total HG status period. Go get one.

on 6/23/2008 11:17:00 AM

I think this is a decent crease brush: it is soft, it delivers color pretty well and it holds up well under intensive use. The problem for me is that I think it is a little too soft and "loose". I think for my needs I should buy a smaller more tightly packed crease brush, which would be a little more precise in the application. This #29 also started showing stray unruly hairs on the edges, which are very hard to tame. This considering that I really take good care of my brushes and store them in a case.

I really like the wide handle of this brush and the brush's substantial weight in the hand. I like the feel of the brush in my hand when I'm using it.

Overall I think if I get a chance I'd rather get the smaller Trish brush for crease application. This is a good brush and good quality, but it might not be for everyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Fantastic brush for blending in the crease. I have used this brush almost daily for three years and it has held up wonderfully. The #29 brush is soft as can be and as mentioned below is excellent for the "windshield wiper method". Highly recommended!

Popular Makeup Brushes