Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.5

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

on 2/4/2013 10:52:00 AM

Bought a jar of this not expecting much, but it's rather cheap, so I thought, no great loss if it doesn't do anything. I was pleasantly surprised.

I originally intended to use it on my face, but as it's a rather thick, almost waxy, cream, I didn't like having to really rub it into my skin and was worried about clogging pores as I have a tendency to breakout. I used it for a bit (and had no breakouts), but got some Alpha Hydrox that I started using on my face and decided to do a little experiment by just putting the Palmer's on the back of my left hand.

After a few weeks, I noticed that hand looked brighter or at least more even skin tone. I don't have severe sun damage, just lots of little freckles and a few larger dots. Mostly the freckles were fading away, leaving only a couple dots here and there, so overall the skin looked clearer. There was a discernable difference between my two hands. So the Palmers did work. It's not a miracle worker that will make all pigmentation disappear, but it does have some effectiveness. I want to get some more for my hands and try their thinner lotion version for my face. Stupidly I thought I'd give Porcelana a try and cannot stand the sour odor long enough to use it.

One downside is that the Palmers comes in a heavy glass jar, so bad for travel and it will start to oxidise due to contact with air. Didn't notice any horrible odor like the Porcelana. Give it a shot. At the price point, you can't go wrong.

on 1/30/2013 3:43:00 AM

So I bought this product about a week ago. I have acne prone skin and it can get very oily, i get alot of breakouts and they have left horrible scars. About a month ago I bought the Neutrogena dark spot correct (idk what its called) thinking it would work perfectly fine since its neutrogena right, well the first night that i used it it broke me out sooo much and made my scars worst. Anyway, i bought this palmers product and have been using it every night and morning and so far so good! I was suprised how i have not gotten any breakouts since the cream is pretty thick. Yes it leaves my skin a bit oily after like 15 minutes of having it on. But i love it so far. Smell is bare-able and packaging is okay. It costed me $6.99 and compared to the neutrogena that i paid $23, it has helped. The scars are fading but are not gone, but it does make a difference. I would rate it a 5 but i just started using it.

on 1/14/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

no comments

on 1/8/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is amazing!!! about a few years ago i had a allergic reaction to a face wash and it turned my forehead extremely dark. my mother bought me the soap and the cream and i used it like crazy and about two weeks later i went from dark skinned to light skinned. i am not over exagerating i literally looked like a completely different person. although i was a completely different skin tone i was just happy that my face didnt look like it had been burned anymore. I stopped using the product so my skin could darken back up some. I now have a even brown tone.I now only use the cream on my forehead to eliminate black heads and to control acne. My skin used to break out really bad but ever since i started using this product my skin is really smooth and looks as if i wear make up. My sister also used it and her skin looks ten times better. it evened out her skin tone really well.

on 12/26/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe this doesn't get better reviews. I agree with the last reviewer, this will not completely eliminate dark spots, but it makes a HUGE difference. It lightens them up so that you don't need to wear concealer under your makeup to cover the dark spots. I am thrilled with it and feel so much better looking in the mirror. My dark spots were VERY dark and now are very light! I'm very pleased and will continue to purchase.

on 9/30/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

the product does what it says FADE, it will not completely vanish your dark spots! so if your looking for that, go find a different product. BUT it does fade a substantial amount, so you can see quite a difference.

I bought the regular cream and i havnt broken out yet, ive been using it for about a month now and i have seen a difference, its not a huge difference but the spots are now not so obvious as before. i put it on about once a day
(I recommend putting it twice a day, morning and night) and then sunscreen on top of that even though it has a little sunscreen in it already, just in case

the cream smells ok, its thick and white but it absorbs well wen rubbed into the skin

on 6/28/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this for about a year now and i LOVE IT .. I have eczema all over my face and chest and it cleared it up completely! .. I've seen really bad stuff about this product here on makeupalley and I personally think its amazing! My sister recommended it to me and I gave it a try and I still thank her up to this day! .. I use it as a daily moisturizer twice a day and i never regret buying it ..

I bought this to help lighten my hyper-pigmentation & cystic acne scars. By the end of the 3rd day, I started to have an allergic reaction to the cream. From my face to my jawline I had dime-size welts appearing. They itched more than they hurt so I immediately washed my face & by morning the welts reduced but the itchiness remains. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. Straight to the trash can....

on 5/28/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

this product is horrible,it did not tone me it only gave me a yellow under tone,and when is uncovered it it turns brown.it broke me out.this product is not good for sensitive skin.

No normal person should buy this. TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET ! ALL PALMERS BRAND SUCKS . IF YOU HAVENT OPENED THIS [PRODUCT YET DONT !! RETURN IT !! I MEAN I GET MOSQUITO BITES ON MY LEG I READ THESE REVIEWS BEFORE BUT I DIDNT READ THE BAD ONES ! I MEAN MY LEGS STARTED TO GET PIMPLES AND MORE DARK SPOTS,FAULTTY PRODUCTS

Popular Treatments (Face)