July 30, 2014 | 1530 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice blending color. I use it in my crease to blend out my other colors. It's a very nice shade to connect my eyeshadows together and make everything smooth. It's a Matte light brown and I like that there is no shimmer. It's definitely one of the best blending eyeshadows that I've ever found.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the past year there has rarely been a product thta truly amazed me. I was uncertain if Soft Brown would pull orange on me but Oh My it's amazing. So gorgeous. Besides Quarry this is my favorite MAC eyeshadow so far. Both make fantastic crease colors for my brown eyes but I find SB a little more blendable,

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Like all other reviews, this shade really does make a great transition shade to blend Neutral shades out! The texture is pretty much like all matte mac eye shadows and it's easy to spread all over the crease. The color is like an orange-ish brown and compliments the crease nicely if you wear it alone, just as long as it's blended out pretty well.

With a primer it lasts all day on my crease, and I think the shade is especially pretty when blended with Mac's Satin Brune.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I originally bought this color as a filler for my eyebrows (apparently I have "soft brown" hair), but it's also a pretty nice crease color. It's too dark on my NW20 skin to be much else, but it's a pretty, ashy/neutral brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

PERFECT transition color! It works so well to blend out the edges and warm up your crease color. I use this pretty much every day. I've actually started using it as my crease color as well. I use Naked Lunch all over my lid with this blended up into the crease. I do this when I have more intense winged liner and want a polished lid look. Then I pair it with a deeper lip color like Ruby Woo or Diva. Seriously. This stuff looks woefully boring in the pan, but it's SO versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this probably about 5-6 months ago, so I've had plenty of time to play around with it. Anyways, I didn't really need much time to fall in love with this shade. It's a beautiful warm brown, and it's a perfect transition color if you're looking to warm up your look a little bit. I like using this with Vanilla and Corduroy, I find this combination just beautiful.

The texture is super soft and easy to blend, and it is not chalky at all which is great for a matte shade.

Overall, I think this is a great addition to anyone's collection, and I think it would get a lot of use!
Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

I was hesitant at first to buy Soft Brown (matte eyeshadow) which looks boring and orangey in the pan. I was not convinced it would work with my MAC Eclair and Constructivist paint pots as a transition colour, however once I put the two together, the results were absolutely beautiful. Soft brown is the perfect transition colour to warm up the look, it is not an eyeshadow to be worn over the lid or on it's own. The texture is fantastic, great pigmentation and this will last ages! I highly recommend it, it really completes an eye look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You really can't go wrong with this color, it is a great investment. It's the perfect crease color for fair skin, and a great color for everyday use. It blends well, it's highly pigmented, and it's very flattering. One of my favorites and certainly a staple of my standard eye look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Wutthehector

I love to use this as a crease color for everyone with a fair to medium skin tone!!! I use it pretty much every day. I feel like everyone needs a little bit of a peachy brown in their crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This. This. This! This eyeshadow is hands down, the BEST transition colour I have ever laid my eyeshadow-hungry eyes on! Mac's Soft Brown is a beautiful, warm, medium brown shade that will give you just the right amount of definition.
Pretty much every time I apply eyeshadow, I'll throw on a base (Mac's Painterly paint pot), then pop this colour all throughout my crease, diffusing it up toward my brown bone with a nice fluffy brush. It's light enough to conceal any blending faults, but it definitely shows up on my NC37 skin.
I looove pairing this with Woodwinked and Mulch for a warm, bronzed look, which really brings out the green and yellow flecks in my eyes. If you have dark brown, hazel, or green eyes, this colour would be perfect for you. Even you blue eyed gals out there, soft brown will bring a warm contrast to your cooler toned eyes.
If you're just starting out with Mac, or if you're on the hunt for a blending colour, Soft Brown is a great one to go for.