Dove Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

2.9

on 3/8/2006 2:40:00 AM

this product is bad.......first of all......the design of the pillow is so hard to hold on to when it puffs up......u won't be able to clean the sides of your noses without some difficulties.......and worst of all, it burns so much if you accidently got it into your eyes........not to mention how the exfoliating side of the pillow is just way too rough for human skin.....considering that my skin is used to weekly scrubing.....i only use 2......and threw away the rest in that box.....

on 3/1/2006 11:33:00 PM

These mosturize a bit and exfoilate a bit at the same time. I think these are a good product, they just don't fit my skin ccare needs, as I am acne prone rather then dry skin, which these would be better for.

on 2/9/2006 7:29:00 PM

I also use either Dove or Olay cloths and got these on sale. I used about 4 and threw the other 24 away. They are awful. I could never get any kind of lather out of them, they are way too small, and they totally scratched my face up--even when I just used them on the soft side, they were so small that the edges would catch and scratch me. I have sensitive skin, and they were just really terrible for me.

on 1/17/2006 6:53:00 PM

I love these, I have combination skin and these make my face super-clean and soft. I suppose if you have sensitive skin you shouldn't get them, but I personally love the abrasive side to exfoliate completely. Plus, I love how you throw it away afterwards, I don't have to worry about bacteria growing. I love the smell too, and they are so much fun to use.

on 11/5/2005 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This exfoliated well, was gentle, and my face felt nice and smooth after using this. It was not too drying, and the fragrance (albeit unnecessary) was soft. It left my face clean and refreshed, and it's a fun product to use. It doesn't completely remove tough waterproof eye makeup, though. For everything else, though, it worked well. I will buy again.

on 10/30/2005 10:49:00 AM

When it comes to skin care, I do not like gimmicky things and that is what these cleansing pillows are. I was interested in the new line of Dove nutrient products and bought this along with the Intensive face and body lotions. The "pillow" puffs up when you wet it because of the first two ingredients listed: citric acid and baking soda. What you have here is a glorified bath bomb for your face encased in a brillo pad. The texture of this on the skin is just awful. I wouldn't even use this as a foot scrubbie. Also, the cleansing pad is so small. Why would you want to use the same small piece to wash your entire face-eww! Each pillow is supposed to produce a rich, thick lather that provides nutrients found naturally in your skin. I got a mild lather that was here and gone leaving my face feeling dry. Comes in a refillable pack of 28 pillows for 6.99.

on 10/26/2005 7:38:00 PM

I agree with Pink_Ice999 150%. These are AWFUL. Actually you know what, awful doesn't even cover it. If you love your face, you won't use these.

on 10/10/2005 5:10:00 AM

Terrible. May as well rub a brillo pad full of dishwashing liquid over my face.

on 9/24/2005 11:43:00 PM

I love these. They make my skin so soft and smooth and they smell so fresh!

on 8/12/2005 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wow...I am surprised by the negative reviews of these cleansing pillows! I find then to be very gentle, leaving my skin really soft and clean. The exfoliating side is a medium to mild exfoliant to the other side is smooth for cleaning the eye area. I love seeing all the makeup it has removed from my face when I am through. I use them every other day or so, b/c my skin is oily and I like to use a cleanser for oily skin in the warmer months, so I alternate. Fabulous for travel. I am never w/o a supply of these.