Youngblood Mineral Rice Setting Powder

4.5

Mica (CI 77019), Corn Starch Modified, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Hydrated Silica, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this a 5 because it's the best Oil control powder I've found. I am looking to try the urban decay one but the ingredients in urban decay aren't as appealing.
When I use this underneath my Youngblood loose mineral powder foundation it controls oil just that little but more. I am very oily so I am always looking st ways to prolong a fresh and matte face.
The texture is powdery, not at light and fluffy as mute hd powder. You can get it in three 'shades' and I purchased dark which is just a yellow tones powder. It doesn't put any color on; I wear this sometimes with just moisturizer and it looks so natural and keeps oil away again.
The packaging is silly, a container with a scre top and the horrible sifters with holes we all hate. I swirl a big powder brush in it lightly then swirl it in the lid to evenly distribute onto the brush then apply before my foundation. Don't forget to tap!
Its expensive (forgot how much but I remember I cringed), but I'll fork out the dollars to pay for this as it does help improve your skin and is very gentle and fragrance free :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

absolutely love this product. it makes my natural mineral foundation look THAT much better and it helps control oil in my skin. when i don't use the rice powder, i feel as if i have to wash my face before noon.... when i use my rice powder, i don't feel like i have to wash my face until i get home from work!! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

About me.. I have combination acne prone skin.
I find All youngblood products excellent. I have been definitely seen improvement in my skin since using Youngblood Mineral Makeup, I have used all the top brands such as Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clarins, Clinique... in the past and whilst I did like the finish I prefer this. For 2 reasons, it doesn't clog your pores so your skin improves and you will definitely see improvement! And 2 you don't get make up foundation lines from not blending properly and you still get excellent coverage, Seriously persevere with it, because at first I didn't feel it provided enough coverage but when my skin improved I didn't need as heavy coverage as I had before. Of course its not a miracle but its one of the things that helps. I highly recommend trying this out to any more trying to improve their skin. One thing about this product that requires improvement is the fact it has too many holes and too much of the powder constantly falls out so the packaging could be improved upon!

This used to be a HG product for me. It set my makeup like nothing else and did fantastic oil control even in hot and humid weather. When Youngblood reformulated its products I was worried but I had enough of the old stuff to last for a while. I recently (and reluctantly) repurchased without testing and found that the new formulation irritated my skin. I have very sensitive skin and the additional ingredients caused problems. I really don't understand why YB decided to include ingredients that often cause problems on sensitive skin, when many people specifically switch to mineral makeup to avoid them. I also found it didn't do as good a job at oil control and the powder didn't give as nice a finish. The new stuff is also a lot more sparkly than the old formulation. Sadly, I won't be buying again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I didn't use this product for oil control but for setting my make up. If I used too much it broke me out, if I used too little it did nothing. Probably wouldn't buy again but that's just me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I LOVE this product. I have VERY (and I mean VERY) oily skin - so much so that I resemble a frying pan by lunchtime.
I thought I would give this a go (given that I have tried every other lotion and potion available that promises to get rid of oil... and doesnt) and it works!!! It really does work.
I dont think that I have ever been soooo excited about a product that REALLY does get rid of my oilies. I put it on under my foundation and then over the top and after 12 hours in the office - I only had the tiniest little bit of oil on my nose!
Would I buy this again? You bet!!!
Worth every single penny!

Oily girls, you HAVE to try this!

I recently bought this and have definitely noticed the difference it makes to the smoothness of my skin. When I bought it, the beautician applied it to only one half of my face, and then put the mineral foundation on my whole face. There was a very obvious difference between the two sides, particularly the appearance of pores. Also seems to help with oiliness as well, especially given how humid it has been lately. Haven't used it long enough to see if it causes breakouts as one other reviewer mentioned.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product. It's HG for me. I have very oily skin, so I don't wear foundation. I just wear this and my skin stays nice and somewhat matte. The only problem is that there isn't much variety as far as colors are concerned... I'm quite pale but the lightest shade it too light and the medium shade is too dark. This problem is easily solved by mixing the light and medium together until I get the desired color :)
I apply this with a big poufy brush. I love it and will continue using it... I already have for a few years.

The pressed powder from youngblood works wonders, and I don't feel like I have any makeup on!

i've been using this for some time.. but did not notice its benefit until recently i started wearing before my foundation.. i realise it really helps my foundation stay longer and i do not get much of shines on my t-zone when i'm out for long periods of time..
edit: this thing breaks me out.. i dont know why.. /: not using it anymore..

Top Rated Youngblood Products