October 22, 2014 | 1654 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 50% Glycolic Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by permonon

I purchased from 30glycolic.com it did nothing for me and i used it 5times
I ordered sample did 5 peels ( still have 5-6 more i know amazing value)
This miracle product evened out skin tone cleared existing acne and declogged the bajillion tiny skin colored clogged pores sounds gross but the hard yellow hardened sebum actually was falling out i love muac and all their products i follow up after peel with aloe jelly they carry LOVE this product a must try it has given me my confidence back:):):)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lalamb78

I love this peel! It's cheap and effective and I can TOTALLY tell a difference after I use it. I have an unhealthy obsession with exfoliation and removing dead skin cells and this product makes my face feel smooth like no other. My makeup just glides on and my face looks so much better after I use it. I actually have a glow to my skin and the tiny lines on my face are much less noticable. I have had professional peels before and I have noticed that my skin doesn't per se "peel" like the professional ones did, but for the difference in price and the end result, who cares. Also, the shipping is very fast. I ordered on a Friday and had my product by Tuesday.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by crispy80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent peel, great price for the sample 0.5 oz. I started using the MUAC 40% peel for about 2 months and recently jumped up to the 50%. Oddly enough, the 50% bothers me less (though this may be due to my skin being used to glycolic acid at this point), and the 50% seems to clear out my pores a bit better.

I highly recommend this peel as well as the Radiance Peel. My skin looks fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mamatodallas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this last week so I have only done one peel but am going to start my 2nd one tonight. I didn't "peel" like I thought I was going to. But I did have some dryness and I did break out in a few spots but cleared up very quickly. My face is tighter and complexion looks better too. I'm not sure how soon you can go back to using toner(acne toner) though. I so would love to know!! Oh and I sed it for 5 minutes the first time cause it barely bothered me. I have had other peels in the spas and maybe I am just use to them. So tonight for my 2nd peel I plan on going the full 12minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by casn79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I waited to review this and now I have used it 5 times over the course of 5 weeks, once a week. It is much more watery than the lactic acid peel and actually does not sting as much, if really at all. I started with 2 minutes on the first peel, then went up to 5 minutes on the next. I am now at about 6-7 minutes. I use a fan brush to apply it now, which works great. I neutralize it with a cotton ball soaked in baking soda and water. I don't measure out my baking soda solution I just shake the box a little to release some powder in to a coffee cup of water filled up about a 1/5. I have sensitive, light skin with a few melasma areas and scattered acne. I go through phases where my skin is mostly clear with at least one blemish and times where i have breakouts. The first 3 peels really did not do much for my acne, actually it brought up more, but I did notice that between my zits I had really nice clarity to my skin, the pores actually looked smaller. It is now after my 5th peel as of this morning. At first I did not notice any difference, but then this afternoon I really noticed that my skin glowed and my zits were peeling off. I guess for me it just took a little longer to work. I am thinking I will either use this more than the recommended once a week or use the lactic acid peel between this peel because it seems like my skin being acne prone, benefits from exfoliation more often. I have not noticed my melasma changing much, but maybe in time it will get lighter. Atleast its not getting worse. I will repurchase and will probably go up to 60% or 65%.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this peel about 6 times now. Its not an intensive peel for me. It does sting when I apply it, no doubt about that. I feel like I want to itch so bad. I leave it on for 5 minutes and then I usually reapply another layer to my problem areas only. In the days after the peel, my skin does not 'peel'. This is a very 'surface' peel for me. My skin is used to the TCA 18% peel so my skin is already well exfoliated to begin with. I use this as maintenance. I get a little 'red' but that's it. In other words, I have no down time with this peel. I can out the next day and don't have to worry about my face looking cooked. It gets rid of the dead skin, helps with fine lines and I have seen results with it. I am trying to fade a few areas that have old acne pigmentation. This peel in combination with creams and other peels has given me serious results. I recommend this peel. People who have used TCA in 12 % and higher could probably go right for the glycolic 50% and not have to start in the lower percentages. This is what I did and I had no issues.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been holding off reviewing this product because so many times people are too quick to praise a product without giving it enough time to know if it really is as great as they think it is. I'm guilty of doing it too :-)
I bought this after trying Natura Bisse Extreme Peel. I LOVED it, but the price is obscene! (I tried samples).
Some words of caution: don't over estimate your skin's tolerance for glycolic acid. I think some of the people who complained about burning their skin or drying it out started with too high of a concentration and/or left it on too long. Also DO NOT exfoliate prior to using this peel! One night I used my Pretika & didn't even think about it and then did this peel. Big mistake. I could feel it burn a little extra and it was red & burning after I washed it off. Sure enough I had burned my cheeks. They had a slight (clear) scab for several days after that peeled slightly. Other than that I've had no adverse reactions or problems with this peel.
I use this two or three times a week. I leave it on for 2-3 minutes prior to my shower. It seems to be keeping my skin smooth and very clear. My pores are cleaner & less noticeable than before I used this. It does take a couple of washes with cleanser to remove to residue. I never peel afterwards; I think it exfoliates just enough- not so much that you peel. I've used this for over 2 months and overall I really like it and will repurchase. For $25 you get a good amount that lasts quite a while. I still have half of each bottle left. It's very cost effective as facial peels go and is highly effective. Wait an hour or so after use & follow with a gentle moisturizer (Paula's Choice Barrier Repair or Complex 15).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Sarajojo4

Well thanks for nothing MUAC. My relatively clear skin is now drier and grosser than ever. I just wanted to 'refresh' my skin with this product, and after reading the reviews this stuff was a great way to do that but oh boy was I wrong. My chin is painfully dry, peeling and bleeding at time! (Please keep in mind I only did a 30 sec peel). The only thing that is helping is putting pure castor oil on my face. Dont use ladies, this stuff sucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

This product killed my skin!! I've had my acne at bay for about 6 months due to meds. I do have some black heads on my chin. I thought this would help. Well the first time I used it I had the worst breakout of my life. I thought it's purging and will get better. I did 3 peels in 3 weeks. On the Makeup Artisits Choice site it said the breakouts should stop by the 3rd week. Well every week my skin got worse. Huge cystic acne all over! I mean so bad that my once clear smooth face is very scarred and It will take me months to fix it. It also dried me out like crazy. I guess I should have just stopped after the first try but I really thought It's just purging and would stop. If you do decide to use this product just be careful and if you break out really bad just stop. You don't want to end up with really bumpy, red, scarred skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Dynowife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have suffered with mild acne since my teens and am now 43. I have used all kinds of over the counter products as well as prescription topicals. I kept reading the positive reviews about this product and thought I would give the 30% glycolic acid a try, I figured what do I have to lose. This stuff is great! I just ordered the 50% because I feel that I can definitely move up to a higher strength after using the 30% for the past 4 months. A small bottle goes a long way and I am at the point where I do the peel like evey other day or every 3rd day. I have had very few breakouts and my pores definitely look smaller. I can't say enough positive stuff about this product.