September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Daily Hand & Nail Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

At first I didn't love the smell of this, but I got it at Christmas time when my hands were quite dry so I used it to test it out - so glad I did! The once musty smell was never found again, my hands smelled really... Nutty (obviously) with maybe a hint of coconut? It also deeply moisturised my hands and strengthened my nails, it's now a must have for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by SwedishKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this for free (it was even a fullsize!) when I picked up some other stuff from The Body Shop. I had heard about this product before but I never planned on getting it.

It has a nice scent, but I wouldn't say it smells like almond really. It smells like a hand cream, you know "the typical skincare scent". It dries in quickly and leaves a moisturising feeling. After a few uses of this product my hand felt soft and they looked "healthy".

Pro's:
-Leaves your hands soft and smooth
-Lasts for a long time (you only need a little bit of the product each time you apply it)
-Soaks in QUICKLY! (good news!)
-Even my sister with OCD (google *ocd hands' if you want to see what it looks like) got helped by this product

Con's:
-It doesn't really smell like almonds.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by LivvyB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many hand creams. The only other one I care for is Triple Lanolin Hand and Nail Conditioner but it has been difficult to find. So I bought this at Ulta when it was on sale and I had a coupon; it is rather pricey. My hands have always been dry...at times to the point where they crack and bleed. And don't even get me started on the hangnails and rough cuticles..ugh. So far, I have been very pleased with this product. I use it 2-3 times a day, making sure to rub some into my nails too. If used consistently, my hands and nails look so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by EveEve90

I really hated the new packaging. The smell of this product is slightly a turn off at first but I would say it does hydrates my skin quite well. Most importantly, it does not require us to use a lot of the profuct as it absorbs very well into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by AspenSophia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this when I was living in London about 3 years ago. I'm from Florida and never had dry skin in my life but with the move my hands were almost peeling.
This was the hand cream my co-workers used so I tried it out and loved how it made my hands feel soft but not greasy. This literally healed my hands in just a few uses,
In the meantime I moved back to FL but I kept wearing this and my hands are softer than they ever were.
I agree with the complaints regarding the packaging and price but the results make it worth it for me.
I will keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most amazing hand cream ever!! Makes my hands so soft and helps keep my nails and cuticles healthy. My cuticles are always ragged and splitting, but since using this I have noticed a huge difference. My nails grow longer and stronger now because my cuticles are so healthy. Hands stay soft and moisturized. Cream is light but thick enough for the harsh winter months. Packaging sucks though! It used to be in a plastic tube, then they changed to those aluminum painters tubes. Makes it impossible to get all the product out. Near the end of the bottles I usually cut them in half to get everything out then wrap with Saran so it doesn't dry out, but this tube is a soft metal and when I cut my last tube I almost sliced my finger opened trying to get into it. I'll continue to use because it works amazing but I hate the tube!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:11:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hand cream. I have no idea why they had to go and change the packaging though... it's awful! What was wrong with the plastic tube anyway!? It was fine.

The metal tube (why did they go back to using these things!? If they're going for the retro angle, they can forget it, it's just not practical!) gets squished, it's terrible to travel with, it doesn't stand up on your dressing table/vanity area, it starts to get rusty and mangled when you're not even half way through it, it's difficult to get the very last of the product out of it, I've had the tiny little cap get lost so many times and have had it actually break on me once rendering the thing unusable so I had to wrap it in cling wrap!, I even bought their Christmas set of the Almond Oil hand wash and hand cream just so I could re-use the big pump bottle that it came in for decanting it out of these horrible tinny tubes! I also bought a couple of the old discontinued tubes of this for 8 bucks or whatever when they were trying to get rid of them but I'm just about to run out of these now.... nooooo!....

Bring back the old sensible, practical plastic packaging please Body Shop! I'm begging you! These metal tubes are the worst.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried the almond hand and nail butter prior to this, and I think I'll stick to the butter next time. The cream is slightly more watery compared to the butter, which is fine by me. The scent is a lil diff too, I prefer the butter's cause this smells a lil strange. As with the butter, this cream gets absorbed really quickly yet moisturizes well, which is good. The absolute minus point is the awful packaging. The foil packaging is easy to get pressed on when you carry it around in your bag, and this results in a lot of cream being squeezed out the moment you uncap it. I bought a hard case specifically to place this cream inside so that I don't get any unwanted excess amount when I open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by vmajor2387

This hand cream is fabulous! The scent is a little off-putting at first; I would say a little bit old lady like... but it has really grown on me and I've come to appreciate it.
Where consistency is concerned this stuff is right on the mark - not too thick and very easily absorbed. The texture is light but the cream's effectiveness is not at all compromised. I am already on my second tube from this - and I definitely will repurchase once it is done!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by terrortwigg

I really like this hand cream, I will probably purchase the hand and nail butter next time, because the packaging of this cream is so awful. It comes in the foil packaging, which is nice because you can really get every last drop. However, the cream kinda squeezes itself out, so you get some crusty bits around the lid, as well as sometimes too much cream. My tube had a HUGE AIR BUBBLE in it!!!!! I went to get a normal little dime size amount, and not only did a giant glob shoot out and get everywhere, but suddenly I had lost a huge amount of product because it was just air in the packaging! I felt kinda cheated. So, like the cream, packaging is horrendous.