Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua); Polyquaternium-11; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract; Panthenol; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)/Henna/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Propylene Glycol; Polysorbate 20; Hydroxyethylcellulose; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Fragrance (Parfum); Benzyl Salicylate

on 5/25/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product did nothing special for my hair. I have very loose wavy/curly hair that always looks dry and frizzy. This product did calm down the frizz but it did nothing to boost my waves/curls. I was really hoping it would make my hair curlier and more defined. It also did nothing to moisturize my dry frizzy hair. I gave it to my mom who has tight curls and she had much more success with the product.

on 12/9/2010 8:04:00 PM

I really like this! It adds shine, volume, and light hold. Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt is a LOT better than the Paul Mitchell Sculpting Lotion which weighed down my hair, caused too much seperation/texture, and did not give shine. Super Sculpt makes my dry hair look healthy and moist, even if only for the short term. I can't recommend it enough for anyone who wants healthy shiny hair. Great for blowdrying, setting, sculpting. Think of it as a very light watered down gel. It reminds me of KMS sculpting lotion, my old favorite product, which was recently discontinued.

on 5/3/2010 10:42:00 AM

This is absolutely fantastic stuff, I've been using it for 10 years and there's simply nothing better out there for my curly hair.
I have fine, colour-treated hair and I just detest that 'crunchy' feeling that come styling products can leave in your hair. However, I never get it with this product.
I first put MOP's Form Foaming Gel - Light Hold in my hair followed by Super Sculpt and they work a treat together. MOP creates the curl while Super Sculpt holds the curl in place. Buy this now!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Love this product! It defines my coils when used on damp hair. It doesn't leave my hair hard dry or flaky. However it does take awhile to dry on my hair but when it does my hair stays set for a week.

on 9/27/2009 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ve only used this twice until now.
I ve described my hair condition in previous reviews.
I ve bought this based on these recommendations. I don't feel this as a gel and my hair doesn't feel crunchy at all. I ve used creams that were generating a more gel-like look.
It s not so "quick drying" as SSS. First time I applied a dime size, second time 2*dime size. The first time my hair dried almost frizzy free, I had curls, but the volume stayed almost intact. It was easy manageable. I ve biked the next morning for 20 min, at aprox. 7: 30 am (humidity > 75 %) and it maintain the curls, with almost no additional puff. My hair was not straightened.

The second time I used 2 *dime size my hair dried in more defined bouncy separated curls. The puff was reduced (almost to zero). And there was no frizz at all.
I straightened my hair, on the face sides and the "bangs" which only took like 5 min. The reason I did this is that I applied a less amount in this area. Why??? I ve noticed that after placing my hands on my hair, I will get a sort of shiny feeling (I did touch my face a lot ) and this caused red inflammation/ pimples on my forehead (it could be the bangs as well). I feel somehow my eyes are also affected. I will report how it acts.
To conclude; this products performs very well. I also use SSS and Outshine Redken and now I just need to work out the correct amounts to get optimal results.
21.03.10: I stil use this in conjuction with SSS. It s a great product: I bought the travel size bottle and although I use it everytime I wash my hair and 50 cm hair long (a lot!!) I consumed less than half of bottle.

on 4/15/2009 4:41:00 PM

great for use in damp hair before styling! gives more control and gives low shine and hold.

on 1/16/2009 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG hair product. I could not live without this hair gel and would probably cry my eyes out if they ever stopped making it. I have very curly hair and have used this gel now for the past 10 years!!! It is very light weight so it doesn't give my hair that wet/crunchy look. Instead, I have natural, effortless looking curls. Because it is so light weight, I do have to use a ton of it, but I don't mind because it works so well. I have tried other products and nothing compares. I love love love it!!!!

on 11/30/2008 6:07:00 PM

I've used this product, intermittently, for years. I have straight hair that is very thick, and the glaze always gives my hair good shine and body. Lately, I've been combining the glaze with styling mousse (Loreal, VO5, etc.), and the results are even better.

on 9/16/2008 10:27:00 AM

Have only used this once so far. Deducted lippies for packaging because a pump would work better than the flip top bottle. On my very fine, thin and straight hair, this worked well as a blow dry lotion, I curl my hair under. Tamed static flyaway and gave some body and hold without weighing hair down and without stickiness. The only reason I would not buy again is because the bottle will probably last forever. Price is very reasonable - salon in Walmart was $6 a dollar less than the mall.

on 9/2/2008 6:44:00 AM

This product gives great hold without being hard, flaky or crunchy. I like to use it one my wet hair before blow drying. It can give definition to curls, lock in straight blow-outs, or help with volume depending on the styling tools used. I've found this product works well on many different hair types and adds a light shine and medium hold.

This would not be good for spiked styles, but just for subtle lift or control.

Popular Styling Products