Avon Sweet Honesty

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/24/2012 11:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Mostly sweet powder. I remember loving this as a child, but I've outgrown it. Still, there's nothing offensive in it, it's just too pinkly pretty, sweet pea powdery for me.

on 5/29/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is one of those classic Avon perfumes you can never go wrong with. I got my first one for Christmas in the 8th grade and it's been a part of perfume wardrobe ever since. It's a perfect scent for spring or summer days because so light and flirty. Not a fruity scent, but more of a sweet powdery smell with a hint of musk or wood. It's light and subtle enough for me to wear it at work and not draw attention to myself. It's really inexpensive too. I think it goes for between 10 or 15 dollars.

I got this a part of the Sweet Honesty bundle that included the Perfumed Skin Softener, Shimmering Body Powder and Antiperspirant - all for $12, which I thought was a steal. I would definitely recommend these as well since they leave the skin smelling beautiful.

on 5/24/2012 9:09:00 AM

I've been wearing this scent since it first appeared in the Avon catalog in 1973 -- when I was 17. Yep, I'm an old lady of 56 now and I still wear Sweet Honesty. Even though I'm a perfume aficionado I'm terrible at describing "notes." So I'll just say it has everything I could possibly want in a summer cologne: not fruity (hate fruity perfumes), a little sexy but at the same time innocent, clean and comforting. I have a suspicion that Avon MAY have done a bit of reformulating (a mortal sin! agree?) but it could be my hormones changing; it doesn't smell QUITE the same on me as it did years ago. Nonetheless I still love it and I can't imagine why anyone would not!

on 4/16/2012 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This fragrance is everything that is opposite from what the description led me to believe, unfortunately. I was hoping to fall in love with this scent as it is an Avon classic. However, it didn't work with my chemistry, sadly. When I spritzed it on my wrist, it was very sharp, strong, and I could not detect the notes that were described. Vanilla and honey I would imagine to be sweet and soft. This is a rather bold fragrance and I did become lightheaded within minutes of application. Everyone's body chemistry is so different, and it's short money, and a classic. It has worked for many generations of women. Although it didn't work for me, it's worth a try since it's been around for decades:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice perfume:)Not my favorite but a good light scent.Very nice for everyday wear.To me,it's a nice mix between sweet and musky while still being delicate.

on 6/8/2011 10:56:00 PM

I wasnt too sure about this when I ordered it, but something told me it would be good from all the reviews on here and Avon, and since it has been around a long time. I got it in the mail and sprayed it on as soon as I got it. It has a really nice fresh scent to it, and I dont think it could offend anyone. It also does not smell like little girls perfume, although it would be good as a first perfume since it is light and fresh. So anyways, all day after I had sprayed this my husband kept coming up to me and commenting on how good I smelled and would say it everytime he kissed me. He told me I smelled how a woman should smell lol. So im guessing he means nice and fresh by this. He hardly ever comments on my perfume so this was a plus for me. It seems guys do really like this one. Since my husband likes it so much I will repurchase when I run out. The roll-on deoderant is really nice too.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Good lord I can NOT believe I ever wore this stuff as a teenager and liked it. Not only did it make me sneeze, it broke me out as if I'd gotten into poison ivy! It stinks like nothing else I've smelled and I passed it along to a co-worker who liked it. Yech!

I received a sample of this once. It's something that I can't take, it smells like it's turned -straight out of the bottle. It's the female equivalent of "Gray Flannel" to me. I'm just not a fan. Not a fan at all.
To ME, it smells cheap and outdated straight out of the bottle. I couldn't stomach leaving it on long enough to see how it would turn out.

on 3/23/2011 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I used the anti-perspirant deodorant several years ago & remembered liking the scent. So, out of nostalgia, I went to my neighborhood Avon boutique last Friday to test the cologne... well, I'm happy to report that I still like it a lot! :-) Despite what some previous reviewers say, I don't agree that Sweet Honesty smells cheap (although it IS cheap) or outdated whatsoever, or is more suited to tweens/young girls. Yes, it has been around since 1973, which means so many of us here grew up with Sweet Honesty or even bought/received it as our first perfume (though I'm not one of them as I only discovered Avon in the mid '90s when I was already in college); however, to me, it's a timeless, soft, very appealing scent that I can see women of all ages wearing. It's sweet, creamy, powdery & musky with a prominent undertone of honey that's really pleasant & comforting to my nose. If you love warm, soft, powdery scents like Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue or even scents with a honey note such as Chanel's Coco & Lancome's Poeme, but are looking for a much cheaper alternative for office/daily use, I think Sweet Honesty is a good choice. The staying power is amazing for a cologne spray, wearing more like an EDP on my skin. The same thing also happens to me with Vanilla Soft Musk, another perennial Avon favorite. (Hmmm... you gotta wonder what kind of "special" alcohol the company uses exclusively for their cologne sprays to give them such remarkable longevity... LOL. By comparison, their current EDPs & EDTs don't even last half as long as they should!). Packaging-wise, I agree that it COULD use a prettier bottle than the painfully generic, cheap-looking one it currently comes in... :-/

***ETA (16/5/11)***

The official notes from Avon:

Top: Aldehydes, Bergamot
Heart: Carnation, Rose
Base: Heliotrope, Vanilla, Cedar

(As it turns out, this does indeed share many of the same notes with L'Heure Bleue!) :-)

on 2/25/2011 10:21:00 PM

A cheap powdery scent that does nothing for me.