October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I haven't written a review for this shampoo yet. I have been using it for about two years now. In the past, shampoos that have worked for me are: Pureology, Fekkai, Phyto Honey blow drying shampoo (This was an HG but I never see it around anymore I guess they d/c'ed it). I have very thick, chronically highlighted hair (for the past ten years), thats wavy and can be frizzy if I let it do its thing (ha, fat chance at that!). My scalp can be oily but the ends are dry, which makes for hellish hair to style and manage especially being busy in school.
This shampoo is fantastic. I have to say a few times in the past two to three years that I've been using this, I've noticed some dandruff but if I use Selsun Blue once every two months or so and use this every time in between that's not a problem. Honestly I don't think the dandruff can be blamed on the shampoo. It's probably the things that USUALLY cause dandruff biologically speaking haha, like moist scalps and tying back your hair when its not all dry etc. I do love this shampoo for the following reasons:
-it is really light and I can shampoo once or twice with it, cleans really well both ways, and removes built up product.
-the bottle is transparent, so thank god you can see when you're running out. Running out of shampoo in the shower is almost as bad as running out of toilet paper on the toilet....
-I like the top which is a typical snap open snap close bottle like Pureology's. I don't like the pump kind because the shampoo inevitably congeals into this clumpy goo at the end that falls off as a crusted shampoo booger and grosses me out.
-It smells great, light, and does a thorough cleansing job.
-Doesn't make my highlights brassy! Good for colored hair.
-Relatively small bottle, can be transported easily.
-Around where I am, B&B is so easy to find its in virtually every store and salon, so it makes it a much better buy than say Pureology or Phyto which are so much harder to come by.
Now, cons:
-Price. $22 is a bit steep, but still not too bad compared to Pureology and Fekkai which I have used in the past. Nonetheless I believe Redken is cheaper for instance.
-I don't like the accompanying seaweed conditioner, its not enough for my colored hair. I use Fekkai's color technician conditioner with this.

That's about it for cons though. I love this shampoo its fantastic and I'm a disloyal user to most products but I'll keep buying this so long as it works and its worked through the thick and thin of medical school haha. So definitely I would buy again! B&B, and sephora, are pretty good about giving out samples and shamelessly marketing this brand so if you're new to it, ask for a sample and you might be able to try it on your own without having to shell out and regret.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jadestillo

Love how light it is and smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was probably one of the worst shampoos I've ever tried. I have always heard good things about the B&b brand, but I've really found them to be mediocre at best. This seaweed shampoo, and the conditioner as well, must have added a pound of weight to my hair-I came out of the shower with stringy, greasy hair that didn't come clean until after TWO shampoos with anti-residue shampoo. And a week later, I developed bad dandruff all along my hairline. My scalp can get a bit oily if I don't wash my hair every two days or so, but after using this stuff, it took about four days of washing EVERY day in order for it all to come out.
And the smell was pretty bad. I'll be the first to stand up and say that I prefer shampoos with a good natural scent, and steer away from heavily perfumed hair products, but this stuff literally smelled like seaweed yoinked right out of the ocean...and left in the sun for eight or nine hours. Not at all pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by csurdi

I LOVE this Shampoo! Like others have said, it washes hair very well without stripping it. Your hair definitely feels clean after using it! It is expensive, but you really shouldn't be washing your hair everyday anyway - so in the long run it lasts a while! I bought a bottle five months ago and I'm still using it...and it's not near empty!
Just because it has a matching conditioner does NOT mean that the matching conditioner is right for your hair! I use the seaweed shampoo and the coco de creme conditioner. Definitely shop around and get what is right for your hair - don't just buy matching sets. :)
With that said, I swear by this shampoo. I have oily hair that tends to get build up and this works wonders! I also use the sunday shampoo once a week to strip my hair and it's AWESOME too!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

The other day I saw a travel sized bottle of this on clearance (the only way I could afford it!), so I picked it up along with the corresponding conditioner. I have been wanting to try Bumble and Bumble hair products for a long time, but I just couldn't justify spending $30 on something so tiny...
So, I was very excited to give this shampoo a try (I'll review the conditioner in a separate review, as well). I've used it twice now and am actually pretty satisfied with it.
My hair feels squeaky clean! It is not a moisturizing shampoo, but it doesn't make my hair feel stripped, either. When used in conjunction with the seaweed conditioner, my hair felt soft and more floppy than usual (in a good way, if that makes sense).
The smell is quite pleasant- sort of like a green-tea smell and it's very light, which I like. I don't like a lot of fragrance in my shampoos, I think the extra chemicals can only be damaging.
It lathers really nicely and I don't have to use a lot of it to get my hair clean (which almost justifies how little you get in a bottle. Almost).
Obviously, my only complaint is the price. I would like to purchase this in a full-size now that I've tried it out and like it, but it is just too much money for me. My husband would be irate! If I ever come across a good deal on it, I'll likely buy it again. But for now, I'll just make this tiny bottle last as long as possible!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by SeptemberxChild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! I have really fine, curly hair and this totally doesn't weigh it down at all. I was little worried at first because it made my hair feel kind of like straw in the shower but once it dried, it was just soft and tangle-free. Would definitely recommend!

Edit-
After a couple months of use, I noticed my hair was breaking and falling out. I've switched to the Frederick Fekkai shea shampoo, conditioner, and masque and now my hair's back to normal. I would still recommend for oily hair but this is a little too harsh for me. I still use it once a week to get all the product out, though. It's great for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this shampoo for about 6 years from when I was 16 to about 22 when I had my natural texture, no color and no damage whatsoever. It's a great balancing shampoo for normal, no problem hair. If you haven't yet over processed or damaged your hair I really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by scribblegenie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to try the Seaweed Shampoo after I tried both their Gentle and Tonic Shampoos. The Gentle shampoo was way too gentle and the Tonic Shampoo way too strong. I wasn't impressed with the Seaweed Shampoo at first. I didn't like the smell because, well, it smelled like I had just spent an entire sweaty day out in the ocean and sand, like a beach bum. I would prefer to smell like a fresh ocean breeze.

For some reason I decided to try the Tonic shampoo again using the Seaweed shampoo as my second wash. That turned out to be the perfect combination!

The Tonic, even with it's strong scent, balances nicely with lighter scent of the Seaweed. The combination leaves my scalp and hair very clean and my hair nicely scented and soft. No beach bum scent but instead the scent of refreshing ocean air. I no longer use one or the other. For my best results I use the Tonic and Seaweed shampoos in tandem. So even though they are expensive, I now feel my money was well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best shampoos ever! It has that 'salon' scent and is mild as the label states. It lathers well and washes all styling product residue without super-drying hair out. Good stuff, horrid price!....$22 for a small bottle of it depending on where you shop. It's well worth the cost, but I can think of one or two other products on drugstore shelves that could go up against this one. Since I can only think of a couple cheap, comparable shampoos I'll just say this is a pretty good buy, especially if you have any type of allergy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by foooood

I love this shampoo. Quite pricey but I get my hair products from Winners at half or even one third of the retail price so it wasn't too bad. I love the smell, it's very "fresh," and reminds me of the sea (how appropriate!!). It really cleans my hair and makes my hair nice and shiny and even adds a bit of volume. Love it!