Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.4

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 1/27/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.

on 6/7/2012 2:46:00 PM

totally worth it, it was my first time using this product and i do not regret anything it makes my face feel fresh, clean, and younger!
i checked out some websites that carried this and noticed it was a bit pricey but i found one website which was price reasonable at SkincareMarket.net

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is definitely worth the money. I was introduced to this product by my asthetician who used it the week following my chemical peel. The results were glowy, clear, less oily skin. Your face does not become so dry with this mask that it's irritated. On the contrary it seems to soothe and calm breakouts. Can't tell you how many times in the past I've used other masks that left red bumps. This product is excellent!

on 4/3/2011 2:59:00 PM

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

on 2/26/2011 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mask. It is the first mask that I have used and seen a real difference with. My skin feels great and my pores look better than ever. You only need a tiny amount so the jar will last for a long time.

I have been using it for about six months now. If something changes, I will post an update.

on 1/11/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I've been using the Elizabeth Arden Clay mask and the softness last for about a day, but with this one I use it once a week, just a thin layer and my face is baby smooth all week. I use this along with the Decongesting face wash and exfoliator and it has almost gotten rid of my dryness in the winter. I have very oily face but major dryness in the T zone and it always messes up my foundation application. Yes this is very pricey but you just need a thin layer and the bottle will probably last almost a year! Coupled with my face wash and exfoliant I have noticed some major changes with my nose (I have lots of black heads and white heads) that my husband even commented on it! I use the emollient moisturizer which does not make my face oily at all!
**Update** I have also started using this as spot treatment for acne it's a godsend!

on 10/14/2009 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

Popular Masks