September 2, 2014 | 2147 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Mkm5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I already have straight hair to begin with, but it really adds a great shine to my hair and prevents those random curls that I usually have to use a straightener for. You just have to be careful to not use too much product (also only use in the ends if you have fine hair) otherwise your hair will look kind of greasy. But I can't go without it anymore, definitely a HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Sebmcfar

I love this product. I have curly/wavy hair that frizzes easily. I put this in after washing my hair and blow dry my hair piece by piece to get a smooth straight style. I do not wash my hair everyday and this keeps my hair looking great but not oily. I just quickly go over my hair with a straightening iron the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by katekass

This is one of my most used products. I'm obsessed. You have to use heat to get it to work well, and I am kind of a product junkie so I use a lot of it when I use it. My hairs dries less frizzy than normal, and after I straighten it--it doesn't get much better. Smells fine.

I do have thick, wavy-ish hair. My hairdresser did stress that it would weigh my hair down (for me, that's a good thing). I wouldn't suggest it for fine or thin hair, but if you have a lot of hair-- DEFINITELY invest in some!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine hair and cannot use alot of products because they can leave my hair dull, limp, and greasy. This product leaves my hair shiny, healthy looking and does not weigh my hair down at all. I do spray on root lifter product also when I use this. This is a must for humid summer days to keep away the frizzies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Xi_Girl85

I have the unfortunate luck of having frizzy, slightly curly, very fine hair. It's always a challenge trying to find a product that will straighten and tame without weighing it down or making it look greasy. I received a small bottle of Straight as a gift and was reluctant to use it, as I haven't had any luck with products with a gel-like consistency. Gave it a shot, though, and I love the stuff! I still have to use a flat iron after blow-drying, contrary to the bottle's claims, but I expected that. My hair is shiny and straight after use and I still maintain volume. As with all Bumble and Bumble products, this stuff is expensive, but I only need to use dime-sized dollop for my long hair. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LeanneMM

The new stylist I've been going to the last year has been using this on me, but I hadn't purchased it since I have a drawer of silkening products (Biosilk, Chi, B&B Defrizz) that I thought did the same thing. Based on the positive reviews I read on Makeup Alley, I finally decided to splurge on this and used it for the first time today. Wow! This really is like a miracle in a tube for straightening out my thick, wavy hair.

It left my hair sleek and shiny, without any frizz, and my hair feels so soft. It also is making my dyed gray hairs lie down and behave. I honestly don't think I will need to even use my flat iron.

Also, if you check out the B&B website, there is a decent video for this product that gives you a rough idea of how much to use in your hair and how to use it (not on roots as much, but rather from the middle of the strands down). The model in the video has really long hair and they used a lot of product on her, so I used about half that amount on my hair (a few inches below my ears) and it worked well.

Yes, this is pricey, but I'm kicking myself for not having tried it sooner! Wonderful product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Eustace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this straightening gel. My esthetician gave me a travel size tube because she found it ineffective on her hair but thought I might like it. My hair is very thick and with a definite wave to it. The product is nice and non-sticky, has no fragrance (that I can detect anyway) and does a very good job at removing waves during a blow-dri. I do follow-up the drying with straightening iron. What I like about this product is that it doesn't add any volume, just makes it easier for you to straighten your hair. If you have fine hair and are looking for more volume, I wouldn't recommend this but it's great for normal to thick hair. The full size tube has a dispenser cap which makes it easy to control the amount of product and it doesn't leave an artificial feel to your strands. A keeper for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

This stuff is awesome! I recently got a perm and I hate it. My stylist recommended this to me and I love it! I put it in my hair when it is wet/damp and blow dry sections of my hair. It works also as a heat protectant as it has silicone in it. This is a very good product and a little goes a long way. I did an experiment too to make sure this stuff was worth the money. I blow dried my hair without the straight and it was not as straight as it gets when I do put in the straight. I would recommend to anyone who wants to make their curly/wavy hair straight.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by nklaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

It's all right, but nothing special. I bought it when I had long hair and wasn't at all happy with it -- too thick to work through long hair if you use sparingly, but if you put too much, it gets your hair all gunky. But I pulled it back out when I chopped all my hair off (pixie cut) and was pretty happy with it for short hair. I wouldn't buy it again -- there are other products I like better for this -- but I liked it well enough to finish off the travel size tube on my short hair. Didn't seem to be harming my hair, anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for over 3 years now, and it does wonders for my over-processed wavy hair! I live in FL, so I needed something to hold up in the humidity. Works! I rarely flat iron cause this does such a wonderful job leaving my hair straight and shiny. Of course, I do use a dab of Moroccan Oil first in my damp hair. So that contributes. But, all in all, my hair was a mess before I found B&B! It is pricey, but a little goes a long way! I will repurchase ;o) Here is a pic with both mentioned products in my hair and no flat iron. Sorry, it is a web cam shot, so the quality is not 100%.