Sonia Kashuk Contour Brush (14)

4.2

on 10/12/2003 1:13:00 AM

Hmm...hate to be the lone dissenter, but this is one of the few SK brushes I'm not particularly enamoured of (the other being the angled eyeshadow brush). I guess I just don't quite get what it's for. (Look at me, ending all my sentences in prepositions!) I thought it might work as a mini version of the coveted MAC #168 blush brush, but it just leaves these little circles of blush on my cheeks that make me look like a doll. I also tried using it to apply a wash of eyeshadow, and it's too big and fluffy for my small eye sockets, not to mention scratchy. It looks cool and I'm sure it serves some purpose, so I'll give it 3 lipsticks for now. UPDATE: My existential crisis has come to an end. I use this brush to apply highlighter to the top of my cheekbones and browbones, and it works great. It's still scratchy as hell, though, so my rating remains a 3.

on 9/20/2003 3:39:00 PM

If you have ever gotten any of the Stila look books, with 2 small blushes and 4 eye shadows, this brush is great. I got the Jade Bouquet book, and thought the 2 blush shades would work well as a blush and contour. The shape and size of this contour brush fit nicely into the smaller sized pans and the result was just what I wanted. For the price, this brush is a must have.

on 5/27/2003 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a great brush--very versatile. It's sized to be used as a cheek contour brush (which I'm sure it would do very wekk), but is also great for applying a light dusting over the eyelids or under the eyes (without overpowdering), appling a quick wash of shadows to the lids, blending blush, applying highlighter to the cheekbones, etc. This holds up well when washed, and only lost a couple of hairs on the first wash. If you always seem to need a brush and never seem to have quite the right one, this is probably it!

Popular Makeup Brushes