BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

on 6/23/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I swear this product is magic - it never runs out!!! It gives a beautiful colour and shape to your brows without looking too fake. The cream part is perfect for keeping your brows in place all day and the powder is great for extra colour and setting. This gives you perfect brows all day I love it :-) oh I nearly forgot to mention - the little tweezers work great and are very cute x

on 6/11/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This was one of my biggest disappointments in my search for the perfect brow kit. Since I have dark hair, I was advised to buy the kit for dark brows, which turned out way too dark.

If I fill the brows with the powder, they get quite dark enough. Fixing them with the dark wax make them way too thick, dark and fake looking. So, if I use the powder, I have to fix it with the MAC transparent gel.

I ended up buying a Too Faced kit which works wonders for me. This was very disappointing.

on 6/10/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the powder and wax; does a good job of creating brows, because mine are really sparse. Only issue is that it tends to melt off toward the end of the day.

on 4/24/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this brow wax/powder combo for a few months now, and I really like it. Maybe Benefit changed the formula or the undertones just aren't obvious on me, but I haven't had the red-orange tint with this product that many others have had problems with. The packaging is great, small but sturdy. I actually like the little brushes it comes with, but I can totally understand how they can be annoying to work with for most because of their small size. The dark one isn't really that dark, and the medium one is lighter than I expected, which is why I ended up getting the dark one. For reference: I have naturally dark hair that currently has highlights and lowlights on the top portion. I think the dark one would be suitable for most people in general because it is tinted enough to appear on people with dark skin, yet light enough for most lighter skinned natural brunettes. Ulta and Sephora have testers, so it's easy to find the shade you prefer.
The advice I would give to people when using this brow product is use the wax sparingly to outline and lightly fill in your brows because the powder will definitely deepen the color. I would use the wax and powder together because without setting your brows with the powder, the wax won't stay on very well since it is a wax made to be used with the powder as a setter, not alone. When used together, however, the staying power is pretty good. I live in a very humid climate, and in the spring and summer I sweat just from walking out my front door, but my brows have stayed looking good with Benefit.

on 3/18/2014 12:31:00 PM

I initially bought this in 'medium' on the advice of the Ulta SA, but had to exchange it for 'dark' because the medium shade was way too light for me. Only problem is, the dark shade is a little too dark. So I can only apply the wax very, very sparingly, or I'll look like Groucho Marx. Whenever I apply this product, I feel like I go from no definition at all, to really unnaturally dark brows. Maybe I should've stuck with the medium shade.

I would say the wax is kind of clumpy too. I haven't used any other brow waxes or creams though, so I don't have any standard of comparison. The powder is fine, although I don't think it's anything unique or special. The brushes it comes with are ok, again nothing special. I think you'd be better off using a quality full sized brow brush. The little tweezers are the only thing I use in a regularly. They are excellent. The packaging is cute, as one would expect from Benefit, but it is also sturdy, practical, and space efficient. Five stars for the packaging, at least. The product itself is mediocre. I hardly ever use it due to the color issues. If I could find the receipt, I would return it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I find it really difficult to get the right shape with the angled brush, I noticed when you put the powder on it goes quite lumpy! I quickly changed back to a pencil although I do love the tweezers though they are great.

I love this product so much! It's amazing!
I have dark brown/black hair and I have been looking for something dark enough for my brows for ages. This is perfect! The wax keeps your brows in place and the colour is natural. It doesn't turn orange/red as said on the other reviews at all on me. And it lasts all day!

on 1/19/2014 8:58:00 PM

This product is great! I have dark hair but very light eyebrows and I use this to keep the colors the same. A few problems I've had with this product is that it turns a reddish orangey color, which isn't what the color starts off to be. Also, it gets weird and splotchy looking under your brows when you sweat. The packaging is very easy and compact, and it is also helpful that it comes with two brushes and a mini pair of tweezers (although the tweezers are hard to use).

on 1/19/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Being a college student money is valuable to me, but it there is one thing I splurge on its my brows. I only trust benefit to wax my brows and I use to get them tinted and waxed, however, it started getting pricey trying to maintain my brows. So instead I decided to invest in something to fill my brows in and workers there recommended this to me. When she first put it on me I loved it! It looked great! However, I have to be careful when I use it, because sometimes I get carried away and darken the to much and it looks really unnatural and then I have to do them over. So for me a little goes a long way, but I do like this product, maybe not the price though. I plan to find a dupe for it.

It's very pigmented and stays on all day. I very rarely use the wax though. It looks semi-natural on me, sort of warm-tinted but my hair is around that shade too so that's not a problem for me. The price is very reasonable for the amount of product you get. The only complaint I have is of the packaging - it's a little annoying to open, and the tweezers and brush are basically useless because they're TINY. I'm much better off buying a separate angled brush to do my brows.

Popular Brows Products