July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Espresso

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Walko

I seem to be one of the few that's disappointed in this. I wanted a dark brown matte eyeshadow and this is what expresso is.But it dosen't blend well at all and it's not creaseproof.If you try to build it, it can look patchy.I'm using this as a crease shadow and on my brows but that's not what I purchased it for.I thought maybe I had a bad shadow but I have this in wedge and it's the same.Maybe some of the other textured shadows by mac are better but I'm not buying any more of the matte ones.There's better at the drug store.Some of my Mac purchases have been good, but I can't say this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this on a whim and I have to say I LOVE it. It literally goes with every brown/nude/taupe eyeshadow combination. It also looks fab teamed with club eyeshadow. It's the perfect non shimmery crease colour in my opinion. It blends beautifully using a MAC 217 brush. I thought it looked really boring in the pan but was pleasantly surprised once I applied it. I love the fact that its very matte but not chalky. You've got to five it a try to believe the hype! X

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

Espresso is another favourite of mine from the mac eyeshadows. I use this to get that 'shadow' in the crease of my eyelid. It's the perfect basic matte brown for any brown/smoky eye style.

Can be worn in the day subtly or built up as heavy as you like in the night, can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kathrynannferrel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely one of MAC's staples. It is the universal brown for everyone, even for us fair ladies in the crease or as liner. Espresso is as matte as matte gets I know it looks boring in the pan, but translates to beauty once near the eye. If you're a lover of brown eyeshadow, then I would suggest adding this shade to your collection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Gen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeshadow first of all because its matte I'm in love with matte shadows also because its the perfect brown and it does not leave a reddish trace! I can use it to fill in my brows to contour my outer v etc I will deffinatly be repurchasing this shadow again !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to fill in my brows and its perfection! I like how its matte and it can also be used in any make-up looks like in the outer V. It also lasts a long time. I've had my for over a year and used it everyday its only now starting to run out so it'll probably repurchase in a couple months. I cannot live without with this shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by tichel

When I first started doing more complex eye looks and I wanted a dark brown for the outer V, I bought night maneuvars which was an LE shadow, because I thought espresso would be too red...and then I tried espresso. It is an amazing matte medium brown color, perfect for the outer V if you like more neutral/ light looks. It blends so easily, it can be applied with a 219, 224, or a 217 brush in the crease if you are darker or in the outer V if you are on the lighter side. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by frckls

I am around NC30-NC35 and I use this color for contouring and it's just perfect used light-handed. Too much and it's mud-face. But lightly, it gives my face the perfect dimension and sculpted without looking too made up. It also lasts all day long. I use this to contour the hollows of the cheek, jawline, temples, creases, and sides of the nose.

My biggest gripe about this product is that the surface easily frosts/hardens. The girls at the MAC contour explained to me that it always happens when it has contacts with oil, as it usually gets stuck on the brush. I clean my brushes once a week and it turns out to be not enough. I hate having to keep scraping off the surface.

Another thing is that I find the packaging can be thinner, although I like the lid as it snaps shut tight. But MAC's packaging is always like that and it's sleek and nice enough.

I will buy again if I can't find a dupe that doesn't harden/frost as the color is just perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lasgalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this eyeshadow everytime I do my makeup, it is a staple in my routine. I use this to fill in my brows, I have medium to dark brown hair. It is the perfect colour, as it is a cool-toned brown and does not pull red. I also use this as an eyeliner and lightly as a crease colour sometimes. Love the name, colour and the packaging! The price tag not so much, but it does last a very long time even with near daily use. I will repurchase again and again. The Mac website describes it as a "muted golden brown". And it is exactly that. It is a matte, blends beautifully and wears well through out the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dunkv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great all rounder! perfect for lining, perfect eyebrow filler, perfect for the outer corner. Very versatile . One of my Mac Fav's *****