September 19, 2014 | 1531 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Special Eyes Eyeliner pencil in "Black Magic"

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DayDay090699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

it smuges and it gets off to easily HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reviews for this product seem to be interesting but I think it really comes down to how you want to use this eye-liner.

I think I bought this a long time back (a few years ago, maybe?). This summer as I sorted through my make-up I decided I wanted to use this up, along with some other eye-liners I had owned for a long time. I was surprised to actually really enjoy this liner, and went out and purchased another one a few months later!

But let me be clear, I do not think that this liner is the best-as I mentioned earlier, it really depends on how you use it.

I do not recommend using this on your waterline. I have once or twice and it has 0 staying power. I also never use a pencil liner on my lid (I always use gel/liquid because that's the only thing that stays for me), but I do like using this to line my lower lash line.

I know that sounds very specific and pretty ridiculous to want to buy a liner just to line your lower lash line but I find that this works great for me. I like that it is a shade of black that is not too harsh. It smudges easily so after using it, I carefully smudge the liner across my lower lash line and it seems to stay well.

Previously I had doubted using this on the upper lid but I wanted to come back and say that for a smokey-eye this can def work. I do that now. I use this on my upper lid and then smudge it/set it with a powder. I don't have any troubles!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cocopops100

I LOVE THIS, i don't know what people mean about it being smudgy, out of all my black eyeliners this is the sharpest and I have a lot from drugstore and high end. However i can't seem to find it anywhere anymore:( This could be because I live in the UK but I was very dissapointed. This gives a very sharp crisp line but it can be blended out with a pencil brush or stiff blending brush for a smokey eye. However my faavourite use for it is to tightline my upper lash line with it as it stays on all day long. It is quite long lasting aswell in the outer half of my lower lash line. I wouldn't really no if it works on the water line becuse I don't really like putting liner that close to my eyes but I have done a couple of times and it seemed fine allthough I can't really comment properly as I don't use it enough. So if anybody in the UK knows where to get it from it would be great if you could let me know. I have tried the Rimmel kohl and found that it does't stay put, I don't like it anywhere near as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There's nothing special about this liner. I've never had a bad experience with it, though.
It's a very basic black/somewhat off black. I used it for a long time since it was one of my only liners several months ago. Now that I have opened up my collection, I threw it away.

These come a dime a dozen. Nothing magic about it. If you wanna pay for the name, go ahead but you can get the same color, or even a better one from a different brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is really really easy to put on. It is also very pigmented. However, it rubs off way too quickly! One day, I wore this eyeliner to attend a very boring class lecture. After several yawns, my eyeliner smeared all over my bottom eyelid like I got a pair of panda eyes! I was horrified when I went to the bathroom during break because I would have never expect an eyeliner to smear this much! I hope no one had ever saw me during those hours and I swore I would never wear this eyeliner again!

BTW, this is not that cheap either! If I had spent double the amount I would have gotten an eyeliner that stays on wayyyy longer without smearing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Armywife3409

At the risk of sounding like a high-school-goth, I can't walk out of the house without black eyeliner...seriously. I feel naked. I feel like my huge lips are completely taking over my face with no balance from my eyes. So when my Lancome eyeliner sample went missing, I rushed with my hood up into my local drug store. They didn't have any of my usual Prestige, it was all sold out...so I purchased this out of desperation.

It is wonderfully dark, almost too dark...but if you like very bold shades, this might be good for you. However, I only wear eyeliner on my waterline ( i am anemic and my hands shake too much for upper eyelid lines) and within a few moments I look like I got punched in the face. I always set my eyeliner with BareMinerals "well rested" which always works, but the hyper-pigmentation of this liner ate right through my barrier!

I will use this once in a while for a nice upper lash line when I am feeling bold or my hands are feeling relatively steady, but it definitely doesn't work for the water line, so if that is what you're looking for, beware!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by pinknail

I just bought it from Walmart. It is the cheapest eyeliner, which compared with other brands. However, it is not good as I expected. When I applied it, the color easily fade out. Um....for this reason, I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Emilyy513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! It is very dark. it doesn't smudge at all. by the end of the day, the pigments have loosened a little, so it isn't as dark. But it's still definitely black. For the waterline, it doesn't really stay. But you can still see it. It glides on smoothly, as long as you know what you're doing. This is my favorite eyeliner.I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone. if it stuck more on the waterline, it would be perfect! But for now, it's still pretty amazing. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner for lining the outerlids. It's not too smudgy and not to hard to apply, it stays bold and true , does not wear out and stays put. As far as applying it to the Waterline, don't bother. It wond stay there. I am still on a mission to find one that stays put. I can't seem to find Exxagerate by Rimel, hear that was good for the waterline. I can't even find this one because it is always sold out! I'm running out soon and really want to keep using it sooo yes this one is a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by volleygrl62980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was alright. I found that it smuged A LOT and if put on the waterline it wears off within about 5 minutes of putting it on. The only good thing I found was how pigmented it was.