December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Cleansers - Bonne Bell - Ten-O-Six- Deep Pore Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

WONDERFUL!!!!My husband used this as a teen for his acne and it cleared him up. When our 11yr old DD started to get the first signs of acne, he told me we should get Ten O Six. It was very hard to find (not sold in stores), but did find it online. Well, DD hated the strong smell, but each night DH and DD would take their cotton square and put some Ten O Six on it and then swipe clean their faces. It was actually very cute to see them compare cotton squares to see who had the dirtest cotton. Anyway, two weeks ago I got a painful cyst pimple on my chin...UGH. I grabbed the Ten O Six and used it for three nights and the pimple was gone! MAGIC. It does have a lot of alchol in it 50%, but it works, so who cares. This is HG.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by pandabear322

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite facial item. I started using this when I couldn't find anything to control my acne (in my teens, about 5-6 years ago). My mom used it when she was a teen, and thought we should give it a try. Well, it was the best thing I ever tried! I dried out my oily skin, and got rid of all the acne! I love that if I get a breakout, I can use this for about 2 days, and they are not even noticable! It doesn't smell that great, but you get used to it! I even love more how lazy it is! I don't have to wash my face with water, and get my sink all messy! You just apply with a cotton ball and call it a night =]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by kaykay08

This product is amazing! I had it sitting in my cabinet for years but because it was so cheap I never used it, thinking it was good for nothing.

While I do not have acne, I tend to have random break outs that are terrible and red and annoying. A few months ago during a bout of break outs I decided to try it out. After washing and drying my face I applied it all over with a cotton ball and left it on overnight. The next morning all the redness and zits were gone!

I now use this almost every night to prevent break outs and if I do break out I apply it and they're gone by morning!

Unfortunately I can't seem to find it in stores and I'm running out, I will probably end up having to order it online. Also, the scent is very strong and sometimes I have to hold my breath when applying, but it doesn't linger and it is definitely worth it. And a great price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't quite as strong as Sea Breeze astringent, but it still works. I haven't seen it in a while so I don't know if it's discontinued. Good product for oily skin, and it's pretty cheap, too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, sensitive skin and used this when I was younger. I am now in my 40's and still battling oil and breakouts, on top of now sensitive, sometimes rashy skin. I have not used this in years, but I do recall this working fantastically well at removing make-up, oil, dead skin, etc. I can't find it anywhere now. Because I am prone to hyperpigmentation now, which I've heard resorcinol can aggravate, I am wary of trying again, but I had to laugh when reading about the person who said you can just swipe your face with this on a cotton ball and pass out when you're really tired. That's why this stuff is so great! I am going to try to get some again and re-try, in conjunction with CONSTANT sunscreen use! To the poster who had problems using this in the shower - you're using this totally wrong!!! Just take a cotton ball, press it against the bottle opening, turn the bottle upside down to wet the cotton, and wipe the cotton ball directly onto dry, oily, dirty, even make-up covered face, neck, chest, back, etc. Repeat until the cotton ball is no longer comes away black!! It's almost fun to see the crud come off of you and onto the cotton ball! You can then apply moisturizer, spf, etc. if you want. You do not need, and should NOT USE WITH WATER. It's a 1-step, waterless cleanser. If you feel the need for water, you can rinse your face afterward, but then you'd probably be rinsing off the medication, which may or may not be desirable for you. And, the original brown stuff was the best. If I try again and hate it, I will repost, but from my current experience, this is awesome at least for people as old as 20's.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by aristocutie

This stuff is the best out there! I've tried countless other brands and although they are good too, none have cleared my skin like this. It will dry your skin out a bit, but nothing a good moisturizer won't fix.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by yummytofu

REALLYYY DRYING AND DOESNT CLEAN THAT WELL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This to me is 1983 in a bottle. I started using this back then when I was 11 years old and used it on & off during the 80s. It disappeared & I forgot about it until I saw recently that you can still buy this online, though I got lucky and found it at Xpect discounts for only $5.19. The packaging is the same (you have to screw off the cap, it's not a flip top), but the product inside still works so well that I don't care. I've been using this for several weeks now before bed and it's been keeping my skin clear (which for hormonal reasons and much to my frustration, has been breaking out since age 15, and I'm now 36). I'm completely amazed that a product that worked on my skin during my preteen & teenage years works so well on my skin 20-something years later. It may be drying for someone with dry or sensitive skin, but if you have problems with oily skin or break outs, this stuff is as good as gold. Will definitely stock up next time I see it. I agree with the reviewer who said the company should reintroduce this to the younger generation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tarahkristin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome stuff! Great for my oily skin as its very cleansing and astringent, I find the smell as it goes near my nose a little strong but not too bad. It stings a little on my pimples or acne but not too bad and its over very quickly, I love the fact that it strips my oil off, I find it works best with the other ten o six products like the mask, facial scrub and moisturizing fluid as they all complement each other but I use it by itself and with my sunscreen and its still fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved this! Bought it directly from the website. I only use an astringent if I find my regular cleanser isn't doing a good job of cleaning all the gunk off my face. This definitely would get every last speck of dirt off. It was a tiny bit drying, but I didn't mind because I only used it at night. Wish they would sell this again in the stores because ordering it online is such a pain.